Callum O'Hare (52 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The only reason we are talking about Palmer is because it's the easiest deflection. See the pile on Eccles gets when Sheaf plays badly, or the comments about Wilson when Collins has thrown the ball in the net. It's often the same people, with the same players, and the use of such emotive language as 'disgusting' and 'shameful' isn't something I think many people on here can take seriously.

It more or less proves there's a reason to get defensive about COH. The reality is that he's not been very effective for a while. That doesn't mean he hasn't been a really valuable player for us over the years, but there's always been questions about his end product. It mattered less when he was consistently dragging us 40 yards up the pitch, but since his purple patch following injury, he's regressed (could be for a variety of reasons) and isn't doing that as much. Weird because for a while not too long ago, we saw that ability to not only drag us up the pitch, but also how good he could be when he started to contribute to more goals too. It was almost like the brightest flicker from a candle before it dies.

We shouldn't be comparing him to other players. He's quite unique in many ways. We're now playing some of the best quality of football in decades though, and I don't think we should be worried about who will come into replace him given some of the positive surprises we've had this season. Wish him well, and everyone moves on.

Sick Boy

The only reason we are talking about Palmer is because it's the easiest deflection. See the pile on Eccles gets when Sheaf plays badly, or the comments about Wilson when Collins has thrown the ball in the net. It's often the same people, with the same players, and the use of such emotive language as 'disgusting' and 'shameful' isn't something I think many people on here can take seriously.

It more or less proves there's a reason to get defensive about COH. The reality is that he's not been very effective for a while. That doesn't mean he hasn't been a really valuable player for us over the years, but there's always been questions about his end product. It mattered less when he was consistently dragging us 40 yards up the pitch, but since his purple patch following injury, he's regressed (could be for a variety of reasons) and isn't doing that as much. Weird because for a while not too long ago, we saw that ability to not only drag us up the pitch, but also how good he could be when he started to contribute to more goals too. It was almost like the brightest flicker from a candle before it dies.

We shouldn't be comparing him to other players. He's quite unique in many ways. We're now playing some of the best quality of football in decades though, and I don't think we should be worried about who will come into replace him given some of the positive surprises we've had this season. Wish him well, and everyone moves on.
Didn’t you once describe him as burden on the team?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Didn’t you once describe him as burden on the team?

Yes, and I stand by it. At that moment in time his end product was at an all time low. If you recall it caused a meltdown with the general response being that we would get relegated when he got injured. Of course we then we actually hit the playoffs. Then the only sound was crickets.

Regardless, it doesn't mean anything I've said in my last post is untrue. Toys are getting thrown out of the pram here because he's not been that effective recently, and the straws being clutched have 'Kasey Palmer' written on them. There's not a lot more to it than that, and you know it, hence another attempt at deflection.

Like I said, we should wish him well and move on. I'm sure what we have coming in will be an adequate replacement, and most likely a decent upgrade.

fernandopartridge

Yes, and I stand by it. At that moment in time his end product was at an all time low. If you recall it caused a meltdown with the general response being that we would get relegated when he got injured. Of course we then we actually hit the playoffs. Then the only sound was crickets.

Regardless, it doesn't mean anything I've said in my last post is untrue. Toys are getting thrown out of the pram here because he's not been that effective recently, and the straws being clutched have 'Kasey Palmer' written on them. There's not a lot more to it than that, and you know it, hence another attempt at deflection.

Like I said, we should wish him well and move on. I'm sure what we have coming in will be an adequate replacement, and most likely a decent upgrade.
It was clueless then and still is

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It was clueless then and still is

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The evidence says otherwise, but again, I know it is beyond reasonable expectation for some of those so far up his arse to see it, or debate it fairly. There's an entourage of bitter people because he's both leaving, and not playing well again. It's like a child's tantrum; plugging fingers in ears, and then pointing at other players, because it's too hard to process the reality. That's the only reason Palmer is getting talked about. Pure deflection and lack of perspective/emotional regulation.

COH has been a good player for us, and he's contributed positively to our climb up the football league in many ways. That doesn't mean he hasn't had some shocking bouts of form, and I'll happily die on the hill that whoever comes in will have a good chance of being better. Then we'll have crickets again...

SBT

COH has been a good player for us, and he's contributed positively to our climb up the football league in many ways. That doesn't mean he hasn't had some shocking bouts of form, and I'll happily die on the hill that whoever comes in will have a good chance of being better. Then we'll have crickets again...
I personally don’t think he’s had many “shocking” games for us

I also expect his replacement to be as good or better, but that player will likely cost us millions. I’m not sure that proves you were right to dismiss the importance of a player we signed for nothing after promotion from L1.

Cally Fedora

Let’s not forget it’s O’Hare’s decision to go. We offered him a contract. He’s decided to go elsewhere. In the same way that it’s human nature for him to be 2% less it’s the same for the fans. We won’t be as invested in him. I do think his impact over the last 2 years or so has been massively overplayed. A good player, undoubtedly but one of those that due to his persona attracts more debate than is warranted. I’m more concerned about whether we’ll keep Bidwell.

Mucca Mad Boys

Let’s not forget it’s O’Hare’s decision to go. We offered him a contract. He’s decided to go elsewhere. In the same way that it’s human nature for him to be 2% less it’s the same for the fans. We won’t be as invested in him. I do think his impact over the last 2 years or so has been massively overplayed. A good player, undoubtedly but one of those that due to his persona attracts more debate than is warranted. I’m more concerned about whether we’ll keep Bidwell.

I’m a big Bidwell fan, but he’s definitely a player that we’ll need to replacing this summer or next.

There will be better players out there but that takes nothing away from his contributions since joining.

As for COH, it’ll be a loss but again, we survived losing Hamer and Gyokeres. Two players individually a lot more impactful than O’Hare so there’s no need to panic.

Courtesy of our resident ITKs, we’re looking at ‘exciting’ and ‘shit hot’ players. There’s all the reason to be optimistic!

fatso

I’m a big Bidwell fan, but he’s definitely a player that we’ll need to replacing this summer or next.

There will be better players out there but that takes nothing away from his contributions since joining.

As for COH, it’ll be a loss but again, we survived losing Hamer and Gyokeres. Two players individually a lot more impactful than O’Hare so there’s no need to panic.

Courtesy of our resident ITKs, we’re looking at ‘exciting’ and ‘shit hot’ players. There’s all the reason to be optimistic!
I'd sooner Dasilva move on than Bidwell,
We need more and better defensive cover down our left side, but with EMC coming in, it's Dasilva who's place in the match day squad is under threat IMHO.
Bidwell is the complete professional, and his experience in a young defence is massively important.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Bidwell is an absolute pro. He may not be technically the most gifted but he plays to his strengths , gets up and down the line and can cross a ball. He's also mentally and physically very strong .

O Hare is a gifted player who, from what I've seen in ' City Unseen' needs to be the centre of attention, plays to the camera and is more concerned about his image then anything else. If he's not careful he could quite easily be a distraction in another dressing room and end up becoming a journeyman player who some managers won't want . He needs to keep his mouth shut , get rid of the woolly hat in training and concentrate on what's actually important .
Once he's left I'll call him a chav.

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

I'd sooner Dasilva move on than Bidwell,
We need more and better defensive cover down our left side, but with EMC coming in, it's Dasilva who's place in the match day squad is under threat IMHO.
Bidwell is the complete professional, and his experience in a young defence is massively important.

Id keep both but if ones got to go it’s not Bidwell

CCFCSteve

Easy to say but he’s older, Robins has continually tried to replace him, and he’s only got a year left.

Yeah, robins actions look more bizarre as the months go by, however, he obviously wanted a more attacking LWB for a five. whether he still wants a change now we’ve gone back four who knows. Will find out in the summer I guess

Edit - I actually quite like Dasilva, think he’s very good technically but he’s not a LB

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Mark Robins again thinking that Palmer is a better option for the team than O’Hare.

Ether that or he’s a bitter scorned soon to be ex.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Has O'Hare contract situation distracted the team and affected team morale, O'Hare seems like a popular lad and a large influence in the dressing room and on his team mates.

Just putting the question out there for discussion

Nick

Administrator
Has O'Hare contract situation distracted the team and affected team morale, O'Hare seems like a popular lad and a large influence in the dressing room and on his team mates.

Just putting the question out there for discussion
Half time he was stood doing keep ups on his own.

Users who are viewing this thread