Callum O Hare (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

If there aren’t any restaurants in Cov open to see him coming out of .. how can we verify these rumours .

ccfchoi87

I'm really not sure of the relevance of comparing his goals return to two strikers?

He should have scored more goals but he was an important part of the team and constantly helped move us up the pitch. He also scored and assisted in the Cup against Ipswich and Blues.

We won't know if a lot of the team is good enough for the championship until we start playing in it.

The striker thing was just a throwaway comment. I love O’Hare I think he’s class I just wanted to look at it another way. The numbers are poor for a no.10 but as we know he brings so much more to the team. Hopefully Villa and other teams look at his numbers and don’t fancy him.

Magwitch

Heard on the Nii Lamptey show that he only has 3 league goals. Only 4 assists too. If you took those numbers in isolation, would you say he is good enough for the championship. Even bakayoko and biamou have more.
He is one of those players always buzzing about annoying defenders making things happen which creates space for others and he was improving every game too

Nonleagueherewecome

Read the other day he had 4 goals and 7 assists?

Edit. Just checked 4 goals and 7 assists including cup games.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Heck of an impact player off the bench if not starting too, makes things happen.

Roger Mellie

Depends how you look at stats, and they don’t often tell the true picture.

O’Hare terrorising a tiring defence allows us to expose other areas too. And it’s no coincidence that we scored a lot of late winners I think. Ryan Kent was another example. His stats were rubbish, but my god, he stretched teams and they had to double and triple up on him because of his pace. We were a much poorer team after he left, and if he had stayed for the full season, I think we would have been promoted back then. Sometimes you have to see it outside of the stats to understand the influence and value of a player.

stay_up_skyblues

Depends how you look at stats, and they don’t often tell the true picture.

O’Hare terrorising a tiring defence allows us to expose other areas too. And it’s no coincidence that we scored a lot of late winners I think. Ryan Kent was another example. His stats were rubbish, but my god, he stretched teams and they had to double and triple up on him because of his pace. We were a much poorer team after he left, and if he had stayed for the full season, I think we would have been promoted back then. Sometimes you have to see it outside of the stats to understand the influence and value of a player.

Absolute sense. And Callum’s run in the team I recall corresponded with Godden and Walsh’s good form.

cc84cov

I’ll admit it took me a while to get on the O’Hare bandwagon but I feel he was just about to become a regular starter for us the lad can then a game in its head in a split second also his work rate I felt was absolutely brilliant for a young loan player,

fantastic little player if he does come and does well in the championship who knows how much he could end up moving on for.

fernandopartridge

Not really. I love O’Hare and sing his praises more than anyone. Just pointed out that the stats don’t back it up. How you can be clueless for repeating a stat and asking a question I’ll never know.
Because the stats are a pretty facile assessment imo

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Because the stats are a pretty facile assessment imo

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Exactly, he was really great at breaking the line and then sliding someone through who would then try and play the final ball. This doesn't show in teh stats.

I blame baseball for the amount of people who knock one of over "stats"

TomRad85

Agreed. I wonder if the statisticians have much better indications of attacking influence. Key contributions to goal scoring opportunities maybe.
Chances created would be a better one. For assists you are relying on the strikers to finish off your pass/cross/whatever to boost your stat.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

eastwoodsdustman

He just put teams on the back foot with his running when he came on. We seemed to play a bit higher up the pitch when he came on.

Magwitch

I actually think he could become the perfect foil and partner for the centre forward showing my age but he reminds me of a young Kevin Keegan who was like a little ferret, not saying he’s as good as Keegan was.....yet.

SkyBlueDom26

Just hope this don’t turn into another bright situation with his agent trying to get him the best deal based on cash

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Exactly, he was really great at breaking the line and then sliding someone through who would then try and play the final ball. This doesn't show in teh stats.

I blame baseball for the amount of people who knock one of over "stats"

Yep the 'Moneyball' effect.

Some people don't seem to realise that a flowing game like football has far more nuances than the stop/start nature of most American sports. Stats may show someone runs around loads and appears very energetic, but be totally ineffectual compared to someone who runs less but has great positional sense. Similary with pass completion - it needs to be taken into account what type of pass they're making. If it's always sideways/backwards (Stephen Hughes/Clingan) then it'll look good, but it totally stifles attacking ability and breaks and can actually cost a lot of goals/chances compared to someone with a lower percentage but who tries to do more.

That for me is why scouting will always be as valuable as stats analysis in games like footbll.

Users who are viewing this thread