Callum O’hare (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Oh no, only £1m a year in your twenties!

Alkhen

Why are people thinking O'Hare has downed tools? His form was great for a few weeks and has just taken a dip. That just what happens to player at this level isn't it.

It's not like he was massively consistent prior to the injury was he?

More likely that he was just in a bit of a purple patch from Jan to Feb

wingy

COH didn’t want to sign one then - he’s said as much because he knew if he hit form after his injury he’d have Premiership interest.

If he got injured again, he probably knew we’d renew his contract as we did with JJ.

With 18 months left on his contract at the time of the injury, it was a lose-lose situation for the club. The caveat being promotion.

Why are people thinking O'Hare has downed tools? His form was great for a few weeks and has just taken a dip. That just what happens to player at this level isn't it.

Not really had the opportunity has he?

Brighton Sky Blue

Or that he was in the shop window to get some offers which he now has and so can dial it down.

Brighton Sky Blue

Doubt that, but if he did it's a risky tactic. Potential suitors will surly take attitude into consideration when making any offer.
It’s more of a risk to keep pushing yourself to the limit and then get an injury which scuppers all the offers. He obviously won’t do anything unprofessional but it makes little sense to bust a gut at this stage.

Alkhen

He just strikes me as the kind of kid who wants to play, can't really see him fully downing tools. I'm sure he'll want to impress. Big stage this Saturday.

Doesn't really matter long term though does it.

If he is shite he'll be dropped like anyone else. We did fine last season without him. Him going will free up 10k+ in wages we can use to build again.

It'll be fine

Hertsccfc

It’s like the liv golf argument - players signing for one off £100 million fees or whatever it is, then saying ‘I’m thinking about my family’s security etc etc’

cos the 50 million they’ve already earned in their careers isn’t enough?

having said that, the Callum o’hares of this world aren’t going to be earning the same sort of money as some prem players, so the chance to double or triple (or more) what he’s on here you can’t really blame him, as we won’t be offering any/much more than £20k a week I wouldn’t think.
Then it’s about how wisely they invest it - or so they don’t blow it.
O'Hare's situation is nothing like the Liv golfers. If he moves it will almost certainly because he believes it will further his career, which is entirely understandable if you take away our bias as supporters of the club.

It's absolutely not like taking money to enable sports washing by a murderous regime.

fernandopartridge

O'Hare's situation is nothing like the Liv golfers. If he moves it will almost certainly because he believes it will further his career, which is entirely understandable if you take away our bias as supporters of the club.

It's absolutely not like taking money to enable sports washing by a murderous regime.
Unless he moves to the Saudi league of course

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

If we got promoted and offered him 25k a week do you think he'd stay ?

It's the money

I don’t think it is. My instinct is that he wants to test himself in a higher division rather than chase the highest pay cheque. I reckon he’d stay if we got promoted even if the salary on offer was less than elsewhere.

Besides, the two go hand in hand, we’re not going to beat a Prem team on salary or standard of football on offer.

Hincha

I think he needs to bust a gut if he wants to play in the premier league next season. If I was Leicester, Leeds, or maybe a team like Bournemouth I wouldn't sign him based on current form.

Needs to drag us into the playoffs like Hamer did last year or like how Sargeant looks to be doing for Norwich right now to prove he is above this level.

Can see him ending up at Burnley or Sheffield United playing us next year.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Hamer did it with Gyok though, not just single handed and I think O’Hare needs Sheaf, he hasn’t been the same since his injury, both made a joint impact last week.

AJB1983

The point I’m making about liv is not about the Saudi regime thing, or even O’hare specifically, I was reacting to a couple of posts about wages and being able to retire when you’ve been on 20k a week for ages. That’s ridiculous money as it is.
it’s the argument of when they talk in football (and as I said golf) about thinking of the family/future - yeah they can double their money/whatever but it’s basically saying that amounts such as 20k a week wouldn’t be enough is a bit disrespectful to the common man/supporter.
I used liv as a recent example, not to suggest Callum is like Phil Mickelson.

skybluericoh

I think COH is a great personality to have around both for the dressing room and for the fans, he’s good at our level, but not sure he would set the world on fire in the prem. If we went up we might find an upgrade available anyway at which point I would expect his contract offer to be withdrawn. It cuts both ways.

He came back with a bang, has dipped, but before his injury he had highs and lows.
love him to stay, would like to see how well he does in the prem if he gets there. But he signed on a free, has been paid for what he has done so £££ no real loss.

Covkid1968#

Great article… his enthusiasm comes across. There is no way he’s not giving his all for us. To say he has downed tools is just daft!! He just comes across as a genuinely nice lad…. Albeit with a very odd accent.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Great article… his enthusiasm comes across. There is no way he’s not giving his all for us. To say he has downed tools is just daft!! He just comes across as a genuinely nice lad…. Albeit with a very odd accent.
Do all.people from Solihull speak with a dis and dat accent ?

bigfatronssba

Do all.people from Solihull speak with a dis and dat accent ?

Jasper Carrot used to joke that Chelmsley Wood had tried to rebrand itself as "North Solihull" so they speak like that there

shmmeee

He’s scored goals and created more chances than before - you don’t half spout some nonsense

He had a purple patch but we are talking about since the Leicester game/transfer window. He was pretty anonymous when he first came back, had a good 5/6 games and since has gone back to so poor he can’t get in the team.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Jasper Carrot used to joke that Chelmsley Wood had tried to rebrand itself as "North Solihull" so they speak like that there
And here's me thinking he just wanted to sound like Ali G.

Users who are viewing this thread