Bruce Springsteen @ Ricoh (1 Viewer)

MAFF

Anyone going to see The Boss on Friday?

What's your favourite Springsteen song? For me it's got to be Thunder Road.

torchomatic

Never liked him to be honest.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

I'll be there can't wait weather reports look good too.
Backstreets

Otis

I had the Born to Run album and some tracks I really liked, but others I just thought were a bit meh.

The only other song of his I have really liked has been Philadelphia, which I thought was a great song.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I went last time my cousin was hotel manager at the Ricoh and got me into the executive seats had a

ccfctommy

Going to London tomorrow to watch Deftones so I will miss The Boss!

I was there last time, and if you are going, you are in for a treat. Springsteen and the E Street Band are still one of the best live acts in the world. Goes on over three hours too. Last time he did Born to Run start to finish.

I had the Born to Run album and some tracks I really liked, but others I just thought were a bit meh.

The only other song of his I have really liked has been Philadelphia, which I thought was a great song.

Streets Of Philadelphia of the Nebraska album. Bleakest album he; ever done.

olderskyblue

Saw him the last time, and at Glasto a few years back. Great shows, but not fussed about seeing him again

vow

Quite like "I'm on Fire"

Have a good night Daz, weather seems to be holding off.

Captain Dart

CkC1UiLWEAATg15.jpg

Gaz71

Not one song??? And he does 4 hours of that shit, sorry just dont get it, and I consider myself to have a wide range of musical taste.

fellatio_Martinez

Not one song??? And he does 4 hours of that shit, sorry just dont get it, and I consider myself to have a wide range of musical taste.
What the fuck are you going on about?

Bruce Springsteen's shows span a lot of genres, so the "I consider myself to have a wide range of music taste" line shows you up for the philistine you are.

Gaz71

What the fuck are you going on about?

Bruce Springsteen's shows span a lot of genres, so the "I consider myself to have a wide range of music taste" line shows you up for the philistine you are.

His shows span a lot of genres, and every single one is shit, he sings about shit American politics and life that has no influence or distinction with my life whatsoever, so as I said, I don't get it, and as for philistine, fuck off back to America you red neck inbred

fellatio_Martinez

His shows span a lot of genres, and every single one is shit, he sings about shit American politics and life that has no influence or distinction with my life whatsoever, so as I said, I don't get it, and as for philistine, fuck off back to America you red neck inbred
Haha, what an absolutely cretinous post. If your objective was to look as ill informed and small minded as possible then bravo, you did it!

fellatio_Martinez

Not at all, just an opinion.
An opinion which appears to be backed up with very little knowledge. Saying his music is all about American politics is bewildering. Of all the songs chosen by the previous posters none featured songs about American politics.

Did you hear Born In The USA and make up your mind there and then?

Gaz71

An opinion which appears to be backed up with very little knowledge. Saying his music is all about American politics is bewildering. Of all the songs chosen by the previous posters none featured songs about American politics.

Did you hear Born In The USA and make up your mind there and then?
"Bruce Springsteen isn’t an overtly political songwriter, but almost every song the he has written is, to some extent, political. That’s because the New Jersey native has spent most of his musical career documenting the daily struggle of characters who exist in an America where the status quo is enforced by a corpocratic government that allows only the rich to get richer"
As I said, he has no influence or meaning to my life.

fellatio_Martinez

"Bruce Springsteen isn’t an overtly political songwriter, but almost every song the he has written is, to some extent, political. That’s because the New Jersey native has spent most of his musical career documenting the daily struggle of characters who exist in an America where the status quo is enforced by a corpocratic government that allows only the rich to get richer"
As I said, he has no influence or meaning to my life.
That quote doesn't really make sense. They say he's not a political songwriter yet almost all of his songs are political! ?

There is no doubt that Springsteen has written a lot of politically charged songs but the majority of his songs are about life, love etc. If you can't relate to that then that's fair enough but packed stadiums outside of the USA would disagree with you.

Users who are viewing this thread