Match Thread Bristol City FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Oct (6 Viewers)

shepardo01

Couple of things before I drive back.
Bobby Gould stopped me after game (chose to walk through all Bristol fans...only city fan about!) ...said, "have we been like that all season?... Nothing up top!?" (Said first game he'd seen)
Also, in amongst all the BC fans, heard so many "how did we win that's"

Brighton Sky Blue

Teams are just hanging in, taking a chance and then defending while killing the flow of the game. We need to work this out because Bristol are not the 1st or will be the last team that will just sit in and blast the ball anywhere when under pressure.

But our final ball needs to improve, our crosses and corners never seem to reach our players. We need O hare back and find a number 8 desperately otherwise this is going to be painful and frustrating to watch
Bristol were clueless and got away with it, it isn’t some clever gameplan. Take your fecking chances, end of

oscillatewildly

Most teams have a set piece plan in place. When we had McCallister taking corners he’d whip it near post for a flick on. Our corners we just whack it in the box without any thought
That 'double' at Anfield 1997. Still can't believe the result that day. Right in front of us as well!

Cov kid 55

Would rather have kept Hamer and lost him for nothing next summer if this is the alternative
Absolutely right! Hamer is the sort of character who wouldn’t take his bat and ball away. He would have given his all and we would have been a different team with him in it. Gamble on making the play-offs again with him in the team.

Marty

First half we were brilliant, second half we were a shambles. Game started to turn when Matty James went down. Don't mind losing if we put that display in first half for the full 90 mins, but come away a bit annoyed with it.

Thomas needs dropping asap.

Brighton Sky Blue

Absolutely right! Hamer is the sort of character who wouldn’t take his bat and ball away. He would have given his all and we would have been a different team with him in it. Gamble on making the play-offs again with him in the team.
Good luck to us attracting anyone half decent in January too.

oscillatewildly

You say that (bat & ball reference) but some players do get a sulk on when they don't get the move they craved at the time they wanted it.

Alkhen

Own goals are level with our £10 million strike force and on today’s evidence you can see why.
Not saying they have impressed but it's chance creation that is more of an issue. Hamer sold, Palmer, O'Hare, Allen and Sheaf all injured at various times.

I thought we looked good in the first half hit the bar multiple times, shame it didn't work out but the drama on here is nauseating

Brighton Sky Blue

You say that (bat & ball reference) but some players do get a sulk on when they don't get the move they craved at the time they wanted it.
He would have got on with it I think.
Not saying they have impressed but it's chance creation that is more of an issue. Hamer sold, Palmer, O'Hare, Allen and Sheaf all taking out at various times.

I thought we looked good in the first half hit the bar multiple times, shame it didn't work out but the drama on here is nauseating
We had countless great chances to score today and couldn’t even hit the target from most of them. Other times we chose to cross rather than shoot.

Pathetic attempts at finishing really

theferret

We haven't tested their keeper all game. We started well, but when you don't take your chances you know what's coming. 2nd half was a travesty. Clueless in the final third.

shmmeee

Hopefully he's a 20 goal a season centre mid

Im sympathetic to the idea were missing Hamer more than Vik TBH. Sheaf made a huge difference today, but Eccles was pointless alongside him, they’re trying to be the same player.

ricohroar

Matty Godden completed just 11 passes in 90 mins.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Well watching it on tv I can say he didn’t make a single pass. I have the whole game saved so feel free to share the 11 passes because I know 100% that’s bs

CovLis86

For as poor as we've been / as people on here say we are, it is still only 4 points from playoffs. Mad really, but if this apparent 'gel' does happen at some point, and a decent signing or two in the window, we will be fine.

shmmeee

For as poor as we've been / as people on here say we are, it is still only 4 points from playoffs. Mad really, but if this apparent 'gel' does happen at some point, and a decent signing or two in the window, we will be fine.

It happened for 30 mins today.

Esoterica

England thrashed at the cricket, Cov losing, Bobby Charlton passing, can’t see the Rugby going well tonight either. My lads better win tomorrow otherwise this weekend is a sporting write off.

Blind-Faith

We only need one signing in January, a genuine box to box midfielder, who can play progressive passes, great set piece and corner taker, isn’t afraid to get stuck in and chips in with goals and assists. Anyone got any ideas???

Ashdown

How could we not create anything from 15 corners…..surely the law of averages says our big lumps up front could get on the end of some of them and make their keeper earn his crust ? If the corners were that poor then vary the taker

blunted

Bristol had injuries and illness but we could not exploit that. Daylight robbery. Fadz error 1-0 to them. However there was a nudge on Fadz before the goal. Ref shit again especially missing that and when Simms was pushed in the area. Possibly a pen. Our defending straight ahead crosses is dreadful and has been all season. It is why we are losing so many goals to simple crosses and headers. Nobs are out in force again. Bristol parked the bus and were really aggressive in the second half, and it was not MR's fault we were not so good in the second half. Final ball let us down again. Strikers disappointing again but our wing backs did not get the final pass right. Completely at a loss to know what the strikers should do as they seem to create nothing on their own. Need to improve our corners which went to a Bristol player virtually every time.

Johnnythespider

Very disappointing game, poor decision making, shooting when we should cross and crossing when we should shoot, Eccles on corners with the delivery of a Hermes driver, forwards linking like the rail network .....................
Dry your eyes mate

Users who are viewing this thread