Match Thread Bristol City FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Oct (1 Viewer)

ricohroar

Bristol 2nd worse team I’ve seen this season. We reply on own goals absolute nothing up front.

steve101

Taking nothing from a very poor team is extremely disappointing. We bossed midfield first half but final balls / shots didn't capitalise. As our midfield 3 tired we ran out of ideas.

Fysnkysc

Robins shit in game management cost us that. A footballing dinosaur Pearson changes their formation at half time because we were battering them and they get back in to the game nullifying what was working for us. Robins can’t react and as usual makes his standard 75 mins like for like subs.
Wasn't even half time it was around 22 mins and from there on we wasn't in the game.

SkyblueTexan

At least in the first season back from League 1, I could justify trying to survive in this division. But if our expectations are the same this season, that clearly shows that we’ve regressed. Tell that to Ipswich. We are so awful to watch. Did they really do their homework when recruiting Simms and Wright?

Blind-Faith

First 25 minutes we were brilliant. As soon as they made the tactical change we were utterly shite. That’s on Robins and the players.

Can’t cross a ball or take a corner to save our lives. Thomas is just a big lump, Godden couldn’t hit a cows arse today, Wright looks powderpuff. MVE needs to just fucking shoot when 1v1.

only positive today was Sheaf looked the best player on the pitch.

Fucking pissed off with that

skyblu3sk

The other thing that's really bothering me is Godden berating any player that takes a shot rather than passing it to him... Van Ew took a shot on that he probably could have passed got a bollocking then wouldn't shoot the next few times he probably should have.

no_loyalty

Simms is too fucking soft, keeper took him out second half and he didn’t even complain.

Alkhen

Bad result nothing more. Crazy reaction from loads on this thread. I'll never understand the drama queen responses to a narrow loss.

Still plenty of time to turn things around. We were unbeaten in 4 prior to this away 1-0 loss. It's hardly the end of the world.

Still loads of injuries and It's clear we need to replace Hamer. I have faith we can push on.

Seaside-Skyblue

At least in the first season back from League 1, I could justify trying to survive in this division. But if our expectations are the same this season, that clearly shows that we’ve regressed. Tell that to Ipswich. We are so awful to watch. Did they really do their homework when recruiting Simms and Wright?
I reckon with Hamer in the team, both those players would have scored more. I still feel we are missing that link between midfield / defence and strikers. That will possibly be O'Hare but if he's not ready soon then we are waiting until January. Once we have that I think we will see some tunes played and this forum will be a happier place 😅

SkyblueTexan

Couldn't agree more, he was the driving force of the team, and he could actually deliver a ball
He could take set pieces, defend and score as well. He did everything, but we just couldn’t hang onto him. I said we had to break the bank to keep him. Told you so DK, MR and co.

Brighton Sky Blue

Bad result nothing more. Crazy reaction from loads on this thread. I'll never understand the drama queen responses to a narrow loss.

Still plenty of time to turn things around. We were unbeaten in 4 prior to this away 1-0 loss. It's hardly the end of the world.

Still loads of injuries and It's clear we need to replace Hamer. I have faith we can push on.
Own goals are level with our £10 million strike force and on today’s evidence you can see why.

long way home

Teams are just hanging in, taking a chance and then defending while killing the flow of the game. We need to work this out because Bristol are not the 1st or will be the last team that will just sit in and blast the ball anywhere when under pressure.

But our final ball needs to improve, our crosses and corners never seem to reach our players. We need O hare back and find a number 8 desperately otherwise this is going to be painful and frustrating to watch

Users who are viewing this thread