Brights contract cancelled (1 Viewer)

COV

Not saying they’re the same, but wasn’t it Ashley Cole who said he hated football? He only did it because he was good at it. Maybe Bright just can’t be arsed to raise the motivation?

David Batty was the same, it was nothing more than a job for him

Fergusons_Beard

Just out of interest, cancelled a players contract, would that mean that there would be a figure negotiated for him to leave his contract? as i guess he could have just rotted in the bomb squad for two years?

Easily gross misconduct if he’s lied several times about injuries and dead relatives.

No need to pay up-just sacked.

Mutual means many things-and probably in the case to stop the speculation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Paul Anthony

It's felt like this news has been coming for a while. Just a total waste of his career.

Hobo

From what I gather, the club put loads into supporting his mental health. He threw it back at them multiple times.

Of course they would - because they have to illustrate they have tried to be supportive and done what they could to help him - before cancelling his contract and arranging all the normal none disclosure agreement binding to both parties.

Happy_Martian

David Batty was the same, it was nothing more than a job for him

LOL, everyone talking about non-Cov players. What about the great Paul Telfer ? More interested in golf than football. But he always put an effort in, regardless whether people thought he was crap or not.

Moff

LOL, everyone talking about non-Cov players. What about the great Paul Telfer ? More interested in golf than football. But he always put an effort in, regardless whether people thought he was crap or not.

Would we have noticed the difference if Telfer hadn’t bothered putting any effort in?

**joke….I know Telfer wasn’t an utter waster like Bright

Sky Blue Pete

Just out of interest, cancelled a players contract, would that mean that there would be a figure negotiated for him to leave his contract? as i guess he could have just rotted in the bomb squad for two years?
Normally says contract terminated by mutual consent this one is contract cancelled so I’m hopeful there is no compensation

covboy9

No skin of our noses robins tried, hope he can sort himself out because if he gets it right he’s easily good enough for championship, real shame because the fans liked him

David O'Day

Could of been great if it had worked out, it didn't but we aren't the first or the last to be let down by a signing. PSG are looking at terminating Sergio Ramos

steve101

It is a shame things haven't worked out. It may never be seen whether or not he had the ability to be successful at Championship level. He obviously had potential and would have offered us a different attacking option.
However, I am sure he didn't sign a contract hoping that it would have failed in 3 months. Whatever the reasons, he has not been able to function effectively as a professional footballer. He obviously needs to sort things out, whatever that may be. In years to come it will be Bright that will have to live with not making it, not us fans. I wish him well.

matesx

Not saying they’re the same, but wasn’t it Ashley Cole who said he hated football? He only did it because he was good at it. Maybe Bright just can’t be arsed to raise the motivation?

Danny Rose was/is the same, doesn’t enjoy playing football.

Crazy isn’t it?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Apparently, a meeting was arranged 2 weeks ago but Bright failed to turn up, so his contact was cancelled over the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread