Match Thread Brentford Match Thread (4 Viewers)

larry_david

May 7, 2011
Brentford are decent. But not unbeatable. We have to start believing now. Players against Bournemouth played like my 6 aside do when a bunch of quick 18 year olds turn up. Get beat 3-0 and say we did well.

We're here on merit, let's start landing some punches (not literally Hamer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Jan 24, 2011
Malvern
We'll stuff 'em! ;)

Sky Blue Harry H

Feb 9, 2011
warwick
Thought we’d get spanked by Bournemouth, think we’ll get twatted by Brentford. Not planning to enjoy the footy for another couple of games TBH. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised but very much not expecting.

About where I am (although will try and enjoy it), but definitely buying a ticket to watch. Come on City!
One thing about watching the game on TV versus at the game (although I'd sooner be there) is that I think you get a better idea of how individual players are performing, and where tactics are working/not working. In real time at the game, depending on the view (alcohol consumed) I feel you can lose some of that perspective.

#supportCCFCandbuyanifollowpassifyoucan!

cc84cov

Aug 14, 2018
Glad Kelly is back their about to lose their best player hopefully we can spring a surprise

Paxman II

Mar 16, 2011
Cotswolds
How tedious it is becoming just 4 games in and everyone assuming we are going to lose. We are a good side. Brentford have had their moments but seem a little shaky compared to last season. That's football. We play our game, liven up a bit and keep those passes from going astray too often and we will give any team plenty to think about.

Draw would be credible but I think we are due a win and can get it against Brentford.

mrtrench

Aug 17, 2008
Somewhere between the waitress and her table.
Thought we’d get spanked by Bournemouth, think we’ll get twatted by Brentford. Not planning to enjoy the footy for another couple of games TBH. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised but very much not expecting.

You may be right but I think that B'mouth are far better than Brentford.

Reactions: some lad

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Aug 26, 2016
You may be right but I think that B'mouth are far better than Brentford.
Agreed. I don’t think we can really compare teams to Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich.

we more than held our own against QPR and Bristol and I expect us to be competitive in the next 3/4 games

djr8369

Jun 9, 2018
Have to hope that losing players like Watkins and replacing them with Toney has weakened them a bit.

Reactions: SkyBlueOz

KenilworthSkyBlue

Nov 20, 2019
Hopefully as the Benrahma saga is still ongoing he won't start. Apparently he's come to blows with Brentford over his potential move to West Ham so I'd be surprised if he did.

That being said, they're not a one man team and have a good side. So, I expect this to be a really tough game.

A draw would be a good result here.

Reactions: some lad

Greggs

May 8, 2012
We need to start performing for 90 mins

Mcbean

Jul 17, 2015
They froze during the playoffs - let’s hope the sight of Oggy does the same

Happy_Martian

Jan 1, 2013
We have played some good football this season. We'll certainly win some games we were expected to lose on paper, draw some we should have won and get soundly battered in a couple. I can't see us getting much from this game and as the last 2 games have shown, the more aggressive the press on us, the more we forget about how to break a team down. Fearing a roflstomp by them (saying 4-1 for the record) but would accept a 1 goal defeat.

Then again, when was the last time I was right ? :D

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
First things first let’s pass straight and learn when to hoof clear instead of getting tackled in our own third

Reactions: RegTheDonk

Users who are viewing this thread