Bradley collins (3 Viewers)

PVA

Seems to have regressed a little bit recently.

The xG stat that he was top in now has him 7th in the league - so still pretty good to be fair - but the figure is actually worse than Wilson's last season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a new number 1 next season.

Mucca Mad Boys

Last season proved that with a good defence, you don’t need a top GK. The more pressing concerns remain the outfield players. We’ve conceded far too many good chances and too many goals compared to last season.

It’s still 3 clean sheets in 2024; relegation threatened Stoke and Rotherham and in the Cup against 6th tier Maidstone. It’s not inspiring, is it?

PVA

Last season proved that with a good defence, you don’t need a top GK. The more pressing concerns remain the outfield players. We’ve conceded far too many good chances and too many goals compared to last season.

It’s still 3 clean sheets in 2024; relegation threatened Stoke and Rotherham and in the Cup against 6th tier Maidstone. It’s not inspiring, is it?

Just had a look at the xG against, for those who put stock in that.

This season: 1.18xGA / 90
Last season: 1.19xGA / 90

So pretty much identical.

If you look purely at shots we've conceded 13 shots per game this season versus 11 shots per game last season.

So statistically there's not much in it. But on the eye test we certainly look a lot more open and vulnerable this season (possibly a result of playing 4 at the back for most of the season).

Hobo

Birmingham's first and third goals scored from acute angles at near post, should have done better? Second goal through a crowd of players, but from behind the goal was he unsighted?

More concerning he just doesn't come and catch? Flaps, punches, parry's, takes everything second time around.

His kicking out of hand is hardly confidence inspiring?

He is in the same bracket as Moore and Wilson. Ok when confidence is high. Quality keeper No!

Brighton Sky Blue

Birmingham's first and third goals scored from acute angles at near post, should have done better? Second goal through a crowd of players, but from behind the goal was he unsighted?

More concerning he just doesn't come and catch? Flaps, punches, parry's, takes everything second time around.

His kicking out of hand is hardly confidence inspiring?

He is in the same bracket as Moore and Wilson. Ok when confidence is high. Quality keeper No!
Flapping and parrying is the modern way, along with arsing around at the back and refusing to shoot.

ptr

Weak as piss. We need someone who will come out and command the area, simple as that. Cannot recall a time Collins has come out to challenge for a cross. Which is strange as goalkeepers are so well protected, any touch on them and it’s a free kick. Takes the pressure off the defenders when they know they’ve got a goalkeeper that can do that.

rob9872

Massive lack of respect for Wilson on this forum. Everyone assumed Collins was better and decided he was so off the back of nothing. All we heard was the Golden Glove was due to the defence and not him. I'm not having a pop at Collins either, just not seen enough to be convinced he's an upgrade.

Adge

Massive lack of respect for Wilson on this forum. Everyone assumed Collins was better and decided he was so off the back of nothing. All we heard was the Golden Glove was due to the defence and not him. I'm not having a pop at Collins either, just not seen enough to be convinced he's an upgrade.
Not sure why you think Wilson is disrespected? Most people see him for what he is-a bang average keeper at this level. Collins for what it’s worth is much the same but doesn’t go around making silly faces at the camera.

rob9872

Not sure why you think Wilson is disrespected? Most people see him for what he is-a bang average keeper at this level. Collins for what it’s worth is much the same but doesn’t go around making silly faces at the camera.
Have you read the comments? Not just on here but on the dedicated 'Get that Clown Out'. If that's respect I'd hate to see disrespect!!

Hobo

Bang on!

rob9872

I’d be very disappointed if we’ve not upgraded by next season.

Neither are convincingly better than Moore either.
I always thought Moore was ok. He made some mistakes, was taken out then Wilson got a few untroubled clean sheets. Timing was lucky, but rightfully kept his place. Moore then came back in cold against Wrexham and made a clanger and was ridiculed after. Needs to move on for his own career, but still a decent keeper. Shame it never worked out really.

Tommo1993

I always thought Moore was ok. He made some mistakes, was taken out then Wilson got a few untroubled clean sheets. Timing was lucky, but rightfully kept his place. Moore then came back in cold against Wrexham and made a clanger and was ridiculed after. Needs to move on for his own career, but still a decent keeper. Shame it never worked out really.

Moore - mistakes - out
Wilson - even more mistakes - out
Collins - mistakes…ignore because he’s not Ben Wilson.

skyblue_55

Unfortunately “ the upgrade “ hasn’t been seen very often .
For me , it’s the X Chelsea bias, that doesn’t make for a sustained better player & unfortunately Wilson will be jettisoned , but we need a quality keeper, as we concede far too many goals , from a decent goalies point of view .

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Change your picture, he’s shite
Glad to see we’re giving players time
Animation Time GIF by Tony Babel

Sick Boy

From what’s been alluded to on here, it was down to goings on in his personal life. Hopefully he can find another club and have a decent rest of his career.

messiahrobins

I’d be very disappointed if we’ve not upgraded by next season.

Neither are convincingly better than Moore either.
Moore is a far better keeper than both talent wise and was a great signing on paper, but alas off the field issues derailed the signing. Robins likes him but cannot play him after what happened. Same at any club really.

Users who are viewing this thread