Match Thread Bradford v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 20th Aug (1 Viewer)

Ricketts

We were in the Bradford hospitality bit. At half time John Hendrie said We were the better team, had two powerful strikers that we getting past at will. The defender on Agyei was too tight to him and needed to get him at arms length, so that he had a yard on him and wouldn't get spun. He said their defender shouldn't be getting beaten by a naive young striker like ours, and that the extra man we had in midfield made the difference, their strikers were getting nothing.

We really missed Andy Rose. Dion KE just isn't ready and Willis was forever covering for him.

Marshal will be touting the video of his goal around as up until then he was as rubbish as he has always been.

Not sure if Cadzhev got injured, as he started well, but after he went down for a bit gave the ball away a lot and wasn't the same player, culminating in the second penalty.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Ah well. Division 4 here we come. :dead:

Captain Dart

covcity4life

Results like this ruin my holiday. Fuck bali and the sun. Swap it for 3 pts!

Wife says football shouldn't ruin a holiday....Silly Billy that one!

But in all seriousness I'm still not too downhearted. Am sure we will get going soon. Just a shame turn banned ao soon

Let's hope Norwich put oit a poor side. If we advance in league cup be nice to look forward to another draw in anticipation of drawing one of the big boys at ricoh.

rupert_bear

The game went a typical path and will happen again and again. Our midfield is not good enough and weak, in all our league games eache have gone a similar way, okay first half, lots of possession even on top but once half time comes the opposition re-group and take over I fear this will happen time and time again unless we can recruit in the midfield department I don't have a lot of confidence in any permutation we have in that dept.

Lord_Nampil

We were very comfortable in the first half yesterday for most it controlled it and created chances and scored a very good goal! We should have had a pen when Page was pulled down, and Reid should have scored his one one effort! The second half we Reid a great chance to score again but was denied with a great challenge from there defender. For 15-20 mins we were under pressure but it was controlled, until they got behind us and the mad 10 minutes happened! the annoying thing was we had just changed the striker with Tudguy and had to change Reid for Harris, went from lots of threat up top to no threat which made us a sitting duck really and thats why we had a mad 10 mins!

For me it shows how important the squad will be this season, we are probably 3 recruits short plus we have 5 first team players (Rose, Stokes, Jones, Thomas & Sordell) all injured!

The slow recruitment would probably have acceptable if we didn't have those injuries and we would have probably not lost the game yesterday once we went down to 10 men if we had a Jones to come on or a Rose or a Stokes and been able to replace the Striker with Sordell.

Not worried at all at the moment, we need that first win and lets get it on Saturday!

Hobo

I agree we need amother cm

A foot in type player who can break up play and then distribute with simple passing.

Stevenson seems to have great potential. He just needs bench time and a few minutes here and there. Players can learn a lot from the bench, if they watch and listen to the right people.

Last edited:

afan4life

He had gadzev, rose and mccann in before the season started.
obviously he had some players in but set up to play them in a system that I imagine he was 100% certain would include Vincelot after the inevitable, given SiSu previous form , departure of Fleck

letsallsingtogether

How often will team stability play a part? Keep swapping and changing all the time.

Can't be helped with injuries I know!
Agree with that if we are playing well leave alone.
If they need a rest this early on we will need a squad off about 100 to go through a whole season.

JeffB

I owe the team an apology. Supporters only take the piss when they are bitterly disappointed and above all feel that the performance was significantly below what the team is capable of producing which was clearly the case in the home game against Bury. The game at Bradford was significantly our best performance of the season and if it wasn't for the fact that we encountered yet another referee itching to help out our opponents then we could and should have got something out of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread