Boxing 2023 (1 Viewer)

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

He's always been far too easy to hit, i hope he either sorts the problem (unlikely at his age) or considers walking away. What happens if he gets a shot with someone who hits like Wilder? He could be in a world of trouble then

rob9872

Frampton called it when he said he didn't know how to deal with a southpaw. He's already beaten some credible opponents and a first loss definitely not the time to pack it in. Talk of facing White next and a stern test but think that could be a decent match up for both to have a shot a big one after.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Frampton called it when he said he didn't know how to deal with a southpaw. He's already beaten some credible opponents and a first loss definitely not the time to pack it in. Talk of facing White next and a stern test but think that could be a decent match up for both to have a shot a big one after.
He won't quit but the reason i think he should consider it is that his battleplan appears to be "eat punches to the face whilst you maul the other guy". That is not a great strategy for his longterm health and i think it unlikely he can change that at 37.

rob9872

He has never been able to take a punch and that’s why he wants a quick big payday against the big boys.
What makes you think he can't take a punch? That was his first defeat, he wasnt knocked down and the ref stopped after doctors assessment because his eye was closing and he'd have taken more punishment. Not rating him is fine, but nothing wrong with his chin or heart.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
What makes you think he can't take a punch? That was his first defeat, he wasnt knocked down and the ref stopped after doctors assessment because his eye was closing and he'd have taken more punishment. Not rating him is fine, but nothing wrong with his chin or heart.
He has heart, not in question but his amateur days and against people who can really punch, I don’t think he can take them very well, he is great against the likes of Parker etc but a little to static and I know it’s only opinion but I think when he faces someone who hits hard then he falters.

rob9872

He has heart, not in question but his amateur days and against people who can really punch, I don’t think he can take them very well, he is great against the likes of Parker etc but a little to static and I know it’s only opinion but I think when he faces someone who hits hard then he falters.
Tbh I didn't really know him before Rio (where he was robbed of Gold), so if you saw his early amateur career then I can't argue, but he had a decent amateur record. It's often difficult to compare with professional boxing, not only for training and ringcraft and experience, but also the way they're evaluated, almost two different sports. A long time ago now too.

CCFCSteve

Had cordina by a couple. All the cleaner work was done by him, apart from when he nearly got sparked. rakhimov is one tough MF, amazing punch output as well but that score of 116-111 was a disgrace. Cordina is a very classy fighter and more steel/toughness than I was expecting. looking forward to watching him in some great fights

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Respect to Ryder, could have easily given up well before the last, cannot see that type of Canelo beating Bivol in a rematch or a Benavides

SBAndy

Recorded the Buatsi fight last night on Sky Sports Main Event. It cut out at round 8. Bizarre. Bit of a non-event fight though.

CCFCSteve

Disappointed with the Buatsi fight, glad I didn’t get tickets in the end. Ryder did a lot better than I thought though. He’s a tough lad

PurpleBin

I'm at the Matchroom Next Gen event in Birmingham on the 19th. Would advise taking a look at Cyrus Pattinson fighting Conah Walker if you can.

Cyrus dad and brother are friends of mine and I've watched most of his fights, some talent. His last fight was a proper phone box tear up, some said it's a candidate for fight of the year.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

I'm at the Matchroom Next Gen event in Birmingham on the 19th. Would advise taking a look at Cyrus Pattinson fighting Conah Walker if you can.

Cyrus dad and brother are friends of mine and I've watched most of his fights, some talent. His last fight was a proper phone box tear up, some said it's a candidate for fight of the year.
He is a talent, Aaron Bowen from Coventry also expected to fight, slight injured hand but has a good following of us who have watched him from his Standard Triumph days

Mild-Mannered Janitor

What I don’t get is why sign up to a voluntary program if you’re taking something or could do by not carefully logging what/where you eat.

claiming a mistake again, 3rd time that mistake DillIan………

Greggs

What I don’t get is why sign up to a voluntary program if you’re taking something or could do by not carefully logging what/where you eat.

claiming a mistake again, 3rd time that mistake DillIan………
Boxing is a joke.

PurpleBin

Big weekend ahead.

Dennis McCann tonight. Looks a real talent.

Next Gen card tomorrow has a quality card. Loads of talent coming through at the moment.

Nick Ball expected to announce his next fight soon...He's an exciting fighter. An absolute brawler, relentless like Tyson.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

I know it’s said every boxer has a chance but Dubois is going to have to just launch a high tempo ton of punches to win and even then I’m not sure he can.
Could be just a nice cash in for someone whose had his flaws

Users who are viewing this thread