Boothroyd (1 Viewer)

Chipfat

You either rated him or didn'nt but in his interview he made this remark about Us.

"I didn't really do my homework on Coventry, on the people I was going to be working for. It was 'They're a big club', but I jumped too early out of Colchester."

Another one to the list coming out with comments that many have repeated past and present.. But some still believe all these people are lying about SISU, time to wake up and stop excepting the shit SISU are feeding us...

Astute

Even SISU don't believe anything that SISU say

AB needed the backing of another couple of players. I didn't like the way we played to much, but by god it was entertaining seeing us in the top 6 for half a season. Who'd have thought we would be relegated the season after being such a force.

thorninmyside

We got rid of managers for fun lets face it.

Coleman. Yes the games were very defensive and lacked theatre. .. but in my opinion we would not be in div 3 now if he was given time and money.
Dowie\flowers. .. for me they bought a smile to the fans for the first time in a long time. I could have. Seen them winning us a cup. .. they left the club due to no investment.
Boothroyd. .. again up and coming manager highly rated ... bigmistake leaving colchester look where he is now. .. that's the ccfc curse

The one that really peeves me is micky adamant adams.. that guy took a half decent side and turned it into dog dirt. He had no clue with the fans and lied through his teeth about macsheffry. He damaged the club. .. and just like all the named above where is he now.

That is part of the problem managers have let us down.

THORN. ok I don't due one minute think thorn is a good manager. But I also thinks thorn doesn't rate himself as a good manager. The thing is thorn has now cut his teeth in the hardest way possible. That experience can only help him long term.

I hope he stays on for at least the first half of the season. .. if we are in the bottom half of that league by midway then andy should go. But if we are top 10 the man must be given a proper opportunity.

Robccfc87

Coleman. Yes the games were very defensive and lacked theatre. .. but in my opinion we would not be in div 3 now if he was given time and money.
Dowie\flowers. .. for me they bought a smile to the fans for the first time in a long time. I could have. Seen them winning us a cup. .. they left the club due to no investment.
Boothroyd. .. again up and coming manager highly rated ... bigmistake leaving colchester look where he is now. .. that's the ccfc curse

The one that really peeves me is micky adamant adams.. that guy took a half decent side and turned it into dog dirt. He had no clue with the fans and lied through his teeth about macsheffry. He damaged the club. .. and just like all the named above where is he now.

THORN. ok I don't due one minute think thorn is a good manager. But I also thinks thorn doesn't rate himself as a good manager. The thing is thorn has now cut his teeth in the hardest way possible. That experience can only help him long term.

I hope he stays on for at least the first half of the season. .. if we are in the bottom half of that league by midway then andy should go. But if we are top 10 the man must be given a proper opportunity.

Winning us a cup??? Crikey that's ambitious!

Chipfat

If i remember it correctly, we were 5 points off top 2 at christmas and lost Clingan,Turner and Cameron all is a space of 2 weeks to long term injuries.. And never replaced them or brought loans in to help ,,, Shock and a big mistake..

Sky Blue M

Agree with most of that apart from the Coleman bit. He was given time and money and failed to take us anywhere. We had a very good side under him and imo should have been pushing play offs. A lot of the players who were with us then have gone onto better things.

ccfctommy

My jaw hit the floor reading that! May I remind you that Adams took us to 8th the league?

Astute

So Coleman had money to spend and failed, but you say if he had time and money we would not be in div 3. You also say AT is a poor manager. AT lost just about all his players and had no money to replace them. I suppose you think we would still be in Div 3 if AT never lost his 1st team and had money to spend with the way you worded that.

dadgad

If i remember it correctly, we were 5 points off top 2 at christmas and lost Clingan,Turner and Cameron all is a space of 2 weeks to long term injuries.. And never replaced them or brought loans in to help ,,, Shock and a big mistake..

Bang on.

That was a pivotal moment.
Boothroyd should have been backed right then.

Chipfat

My original point was about Boothroyd stating he wished he would of done his homework on SISU not who had money or who had none or who was the better manager

But again SISU lovers will not answer why are so many people in the know past and present are stating the same!!!!!. All we hear is how SISU never lie and are doing the only thing they can to keep the club running correctly.... And anyone who state otherwise is a liar, attention seekers idiot or trying to gain votes....

FFS wake up... all these people cant be wrong!!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I read what Boothroyd says ..... but then I remember that Colchester fans couldn't wait to get rid of him. He had a far better squad in depth and quality and when Plan A got found out had no alternative. He had enough tools to have done better and didnt. Significantly there was nowhere near as much empathy with him from the players & fans as say with AT. His failure had a lot to do with him as a manager as it did with issues of finance

Chipfat

Again, not saying he was good or bad, that is individual opinion,, but he is another past, present manager or connected person who doesnt seem over happy with the sisu situation... Flase promises and the more people of substance keep saying it i hope the more of us listen..

That was the reason for the post.

AB needed the backing of another couple of players. I didn't like the way we played to much, but by god it was entertaining seeing us in the top 6 for half a season. Who'd have thought we would be relegated the season after being such a force.

Bang on.

That was a pivotal moment.
Boothroyd should have been backed right then.

My original point was about Boothroyd stating he wished he would of done his homework on SISU not who had money or who had none or who was the better manager

But again SISU lovers will not answer why are so many people in the know past and present are stating the same!!!!!. All we hear is how SISU never lie and are doing the only thing they can to keep the club running correctly.... And anyone who state otherwise is a liar, attention seekers idiot or trying to gain votes....

What are you talking about? All the above quotes state how AB should've been backed by SISU and wasn't.

thorninmyside

Just to reply about adams. .. my issue with him is he turnedagaint the fans. . Remeber. . 'If they want to have a go at me that's fine ill just leave. Etcetc. ..

As for Coleman I agree that team should have done better. . For which you can blame the players.

As for thorn I feel he was an amateur put in charge of a poor team at a time we needed an experienced manager that would install confidence and attract decent loan players.

The fact remains the same as soon as thorn realised he would not get players funding he should have walked away from the club. The fact is his staying actually caused further harm to the team and the club.

Any new manager coming into the job would have had funding. Thorn prevented the new players ariving.

At least the other above named managers knew when the end of the line came. Thorn is like a child in a sweetshop.

Saying all of that he has cut his teeth now and is most likely our best option to survive our first year in the leg breaking 3rd div

ccfc_Tom

Does that mean sisu lovers in the media spotlight or on this forum? cause the only sisu lovers I've seen recently on this forum are trolls.

Chipfat

To be honest Tom anyone on here or anywhere else who make excuses for these people who own the club.. Im just frustrated with all about the club and cant see it getting any better soon....

thorninmyside

I'm not a troll. I wouldn't say I love sisu but I don't blame them for saying enough is enough to the council.

The council are to blame here not sisu

sky blue john

Bloody hell I can't believe the short term memories is Alzhiemer on the up.
Adams, Dowie, coleman, Bothroyd all had player budgets and money to spend and all of them failed big style !!!!!!
you only have to look at the squad sizes and not a single one had the third of the team made up of academy players !!!!!
Makes me annoyed when people think these managers were not backed by the club because all of them were and only achieved marginally better results than the current playing squad !!!!!

ccfc_Tom

I'm not a troll. I wouldn't say I love sisu but I don't blame them for saying enough is enough to the council.

I merely meant with the troll comment, people who are on here who say they love or support sisu. You seem to just not blame them as much as the council.

why is that then? Would sisu argue against the rent going up if we got promoted to the premiership. No they would say they got a binding contract. Should take a long look before they put their ffot down

1nilandwe...

As for thorn I feel he was an amateur put in charge of a poor team at a time we needed an experienced manager that would install confidence and attract decent loan players.

The fact remains the same as soon as thorn realised he would not get players funding he should have walked away from the club. The fact is his staying actually caused further harm to the team and the club.

Any new manager coming into the job would have had funding. Thorn prevented the new players ariving.

R u 4 realz?

Any new manager coming in almost certainly would have been told the same thing as Thorn. i.e. There is no money for new players. Let players go and only then loans can come in.

What makes you think SISU made Thorn loan out McPake and O'Donovan in order to get players in, yet would be prepared to pay the wages of a new, experienced manager and then give him funds to bring new players in as well?

Brighton Sky Blue

Bloody hell I can't believe the short term memories is Alzhiemer on the up.
Adams, Dowie, coleman, Bothroyd all had player budgets and money to spend and all of them failed big style !!!!!!
you only have to look at the squad sizes and not a single one had the third of the team made up of academy players !!!!!
Makes me annoyed when people think these managers were not backed by the club because all of them were and only achieved marginally better results than the current playing squad !!!!!

Nonsense to say Dowie and AB had the same resources as Adams and Coleman.

Users who are viewing this thread