Match Thread Blackburn Rovers - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 27th Apr (8 Viewers)

shepardo01

Anybody got any parking suggestions for this one!?! Left it too late for just-park!
Thanks in advance.

Boicey

I think quite a few will be carrying knocks or knackered and will be rested. So expect a weak team and probably a loss.
But please let’s see a fairly solid defensive display and no howlers.
Up to MR whether Collins will benefit from a mental rest. Another cock up or two might be quite damaging. Including losing the fans.

Flying Fokker

For the integrity of football we play our best team available .. id be gutted if I supported Huddersfield and Coventry lined up against Blackburn with loads of kids
And the small matter of travelling to see our ‘second best’ team.

ProfessorbyGrace

So, Tavares is long term, Torp has tweaked a muscle, Binks has a tight Achilles and Lati has been playing injured for a while.

Genuinely feel for Fabio, the lad has come back, bided his time and has done fairly well. Now he’s probably out for a while, again.

Regarding Lati - do any of the persons who have slated this lad, and taken the piss out of him constantly, have anything to say?
He's been playing injured for a while, probably since he suddenly ‘became shit’ in the reactive eyeballs of the expert analysers on here. Still putting in a shift and doing his best for your club, despite carrying an injury, that has now been aggravated.

👏 Bunch of arse.

Ccfcisparks

So, Tavares is long term, Torp has tweaked a muscle, Binks has a tight Achilles and Lati has been playing injured for a while.

Genuinely feel for Fabio, the lad has come back, bided his time and has done fairly well. Now he’s probably out for a while, again.

Regarding Lati - do any of the persons who have slated this lad, and taken the piss out of him constantly, have anything to say?
He's been playing injured for a while, probably since he suddenly ‘became shit’ in the reactive eyeballs of the expert analysers on here. Still putting in a shift and doing his best for your club, despite carrying an injury, that has now been aggravated.

👏 Bunch of arse.
Does that mean he's gonna miss the next game??

procdoc

Got to go strong really. I’d keep Collins in goal
Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Sheaf Eccles
Palmer O’Hare Wright
Simms

Put that Perry on the bench as backup centre half

SeaSeeEffCee

I hope we don’t just throw in the towel and put out shit sides for the rest of the season. 1 win in 8 to end the season would be very disappointing.

Levship20

going for a 2-0 loss! And due to injuries and fatigue, we will lose by a good margin v Ipswich… sorry all, just think that both these teams will take every error, slip up and punish us.

ProfessorbyGrace

Does that mean he's gonna miss the next game??
Robins has said yes, probably. It’s in the article linked.

EDIT: it doesn’t say it verbatim in the article, but one would assume that if he’s aggravated an existing injury, he won’t be available.

Hertsccfc

👏 Bunch of arse.
Such a shame for Tavares who was finally showing he is a good player.

Absolutely right on Latibeaudiere. Classic over playing injury and shows why we have to manage players minutes. Robins was right in January to say the squad is too small and it wasn't fair in the players as it meant they would not be able to rotate sufficiently.

Pricey1984

So, Tavares is long term, Torp has tweaked a muscle, Binks has a tight Achilles and Lati has been

Plus he didn't have a summer break. He pretty much came straight from that gold cup thing last summer. Think people have been unfairly harsh on him personally

Hertsccfc

Pick the strongest possible team from the start and then take players off as and when they need to, like Sheaf this week. And for heaven’s sake can we please not score the other side’s goals for them for once?
You have to take account of fitness, otherwise we get more injuries.

Sky Blue Harry H

You have to take account of fitness, otherwise we get more injuries.
Agree. When we kick off on Saturday, Blackburn will have had 7 days rest, whilst we will have played 2 games (plus extra time) in the previous 6 days. That is why any expectations need to be tempered with a large dose of reality. Not making excuses for them, but only an idiot would ignore that. A bookie would love anyone putting money on City getting any kind of result.

edgy

What pub is for away fans in Blackburn ?

• Fernhurst – 466 Bolton Road, BB2 4JP
  • Golden Cup Inn – 610 Blackburn Road, BB3 0AJ
  • The Black Bull – Broken Stone Road, BB3 0LL
  • Postal Order – 15-19 Darwen Street, BB2 2BY
  • Fox & Hounds – Ewood, BB2 4LL
  • Brown Cow Livesey – Livesey Branch Road, BB2 4LU
  • The Navigation Inn – 2 Canal Street, BB2 4DL

Think we are aiming for the Golden Cup.

Balli001

Agree. When we kick off on Saturday, Blackburn will have had 7 days rest, whilst we will have played 2 games (plus extra time) in the previous 6 days. That is why any expectations need to be tempered with a large dose of reality. Not making excuses for them, but only an idiot would ignore that. A bookie would love anyone putting money on City getting any kind of result.
Not entirely true. Blackburn played sunday also last weekend

Skyblueweeman

In terms of momentum, 7 defeats in 8 (if that's what it ends up being) won't have any impact on the start of next season. It'll be a couple of months later, lots will have happened and it'll have quickly been forgotten.

Bar Luton, we had a great end to last season and that momentum didn't exactly translate into a great start this season.

I see the argument for finishing the season as strong as possible but also understand about keeping the better players free from injury in what are potentially meaningless games. I guess this one could still be meaningful to be fair.

shmmeee

Don’t think we’ll lose. I think losing four in a row will be something the squad want to stop regardless of whether we can make the playoffs. Haji, Simms, O’Hare, MvE should all be fit to start. Gritty 1-1 for me.

Sky Blue Harry H

Don’t think we’ll lose. I think losing four in a row will be something the squad want to stop regardless of whether we can make the playoffs. Haji, Simms, O’Hare, MvE should all be fit to start. Gritty 1-1 for me.
Does the Man Utd game count as a loss? Is O'Hare 'fit'?

SkyBlueSoul

A bit more chaos and a 2-2 draw. Assuming Binks, Lati and Torp won't make it:

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles Kelly
Palmer O'Hare Wright
Simms

Torn between starting Sheaf or Kelly but Sheaf was royally fucked when he went off on Wednesday and I'd rather him only have half hour here and be rested for Ipswich. Sounds like O'hare was fully rested after running 17km at Wembley and might be available, if not stick Allen in.

CV22SBA

• Fernhurst – 466 Bolton Road, BB2 4JP
  • Golden Cup Inn – 610 Blackburn Road, BB3 0AJ
  • The Black Bull – Broken Stone Road, BB3 0LL
  • Postal Order – 15-19 Darwen Street, BB2 2BY
  • Fox & Hounds – Ewood, BB2 4LL
  • Brown Cow Livesey – Livesey Branch Road, BB2 4LU
  • The Navigation Inn – 2 Canal Street, BB2 4DL

Think we are aiming for the Golden Cup.
Fernhurst is nearest the away end but if you arrive after 12 it’s usual full and they operate 1 in 1 out then so
I wouldn’t bother.

Hertsccfc

In terms of momentum, 7 defeats in 8 (if that's what it ends up being) won't have any impact on the start of next season. It'll be a couple of months later, lots will have happened and it'll have quickly been forgotten.

Bar Luton, we had a great end to last season and that momentum didn't exactly translate into a great start this season.

I see the argument for finishing the season as strong as possible but also understand about keeping the better players free from injury in what are potentially meaningless games. I guess this one could still be meaningful to be fair.
I think we have to play a strong team as it would be unfair on others not to do so and it goes to the integrity of the league.

Boicey

Why would you risk injuring the likes of Simms, Wright and MVE who are totally knackered and potentially at risk of injury in a meaningless match?
How would you feel if they were played and got injured?
Expect a weak lineup.

steve101

Maybe wrong but from history Robins expects players to play with minor niggles. Hope that's not the case as it would hit our potential for next season if we have to start with key men missing (assuming minor injuries get aggravated).
It is a good opportunity to give starts to one or two youngsters. Maybe easier away from home than in front of home fans.

Users who are viewing this thread