Match Thread Blackburn Match Thread (4 Viewers)

David O'Day

Yeah, did well but had to work really hard when competing in ariel challenges. Wouldn't like to see him in the back 3 unless absolutely necessary
Played well for a full back out of position

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

You can look at our form over the last 4 months and say we haven't really improved, but we've been in pretty much evey one of those games and that is the improvement for me, it feels like we should have won a lot of the games we've drawn or lost which wasn't the case last season, the next step of course is to actually turn the dominance into points, how we do that I'm not sure, i wouldn't like us to sell any of the 3 players being talked about but without it i can't see us having the budget to make that step, i feel Gyorkeres will be even better next season and to sell him would be folly, he'll be worth twice as much at the end of next season. O'Hare is also for me fundamental to the way we play, his energy is off the scale, so if one has to go i would sell Gus and hope we can find a similar player to replace him, but as i say ideally we keep them all and find a magic money tree 🌳

Grendel

We have improved quite alot , fine margins in football though

At home it’s 17 points in 15 games. Gyokeres is likely to be sold and unless we find a like for like replacement there are some obvious concerns

shmmeee

We’ve massively improved on last year, it’s plain as day. Last season I could count on one hand the games we looked competitive in, this season it’s the other way around. Next step needs either quality or quantity adding though. As Robins says we aren’t going to splash £7m on a player like some in this division so it’ll need to be more quantity of the same sorts of players.

We desperately need new owners.

Ccfcisparks

At home it’s 17 points in 15 games. Gyokeres is likely to be sold and unless we find a like for like replacement there are some obvious concerns
If Gyokeres is sold for big money surely you will agree then the business model is working?

shmmeee

not really as there is no model

The model:

giphy.gif

SkyBlueMatt

This is the first time I was annoyed at being at a game for a while. I thought the crowd was very poor, I was about 3/4 the way back of 15 but should have been further back to help get it going. I tried.

Also there were a group of three, a few rows ahead. "Boooo", moan, moan, moan. Even when we were winning didn't hear them pipe up and get behind the team.

I half wished we were back in L1 or L2.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Yeah, did well but had to work really hard when competing in ariel challenges. Wouldn't like to see him in the back 3 unless absolutely necessary
He was exposed a bit for the first goal as Blackburn brought Brereton on who won a big header from a diagonal ball. Then again for the second the ball went over his head where a bigger defender might have headed it away. Not that he played badly but those incidents show the limitations he'll have.

Adge

As much as we did a job on them 1st half the 2nd was completely opposite and they deserved to be 2-1 up as we didn’t really create anything after half time. The difference in the 2nd half was obviously the quality they had on the bench and the distinct lack of on ours.

ps1948

the first 6 wins at home have really proved to be not the norm - home record has been dire since
I would agree in part with you on this one. The first 6 games at home built up everyone's expectations, but were based on a relatively unchanged team, and as soon as suspensions and injuries started to impact, and other teams looked at how we play and adapted their tactics for us, we began to struggle.
What we have seen is an incredible team spirit, and a group who keep going right till the end. We have been hammered just once so far, and could have had better results in many of the games we have lost. We don't have a deep enough squad of players, and we have to reconcile with the fact that (probably) 2 of our best players will leave in the summer - I just hope that Robins can find some decent squad players to give us more depth, and that the extra income of this season is used by our owners to back him.
PUSB

Johhny Blue

I keep swearing to ignore streams and wait for iFollow to download the games but couldn't resist today. Missed the first goal while trying to sync Clive with my feed and didn't realize we had scored until the 11th minute. Feed cut out just as Tavares passed to Dabo at the end. When it came back I saw Vic pointing to his "Watch" and assumed he was complaining the game was over and we hadn't had enough added time.

Bad Boy

Posted on Blackburn forum.....

First Rovers game I have been to in years, since I've lived in Coventry for ages. First half, we were toothless and easy to carve through on the counter attack. Brereton-Diaz and Dack made the difference in the second half, whilst Gallagher was absolute clown shoes.

I really didn't like the cynical fouls and diving that we did, and the time wasting backfired, as we know.

Final point, how the hell did that fat guy outrun the stewards? Even I could run faster than him.

Reading through their Coventry away thread there were numerous posts pointing out the shocking refereeing decisions and their own time wasting and shithousing tactics which bit them on the proverbial.

Seems they can't wait to see the back of Mowbray too.

I'm glad it was an afternoon of cheats never prosper.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Fluked league 2 promotion
Fluked league 1 championship
Fluked championship survival
Fluked top half finish

There is no model it’s just luck

Ffs
How far do you think SISU can take the club and do you think we’ll progress again next season?

Sky Blue Harry H

We know how this club works

But you're making out we are acting in a terrible fashion. Can't you just enjoy what's happening in front of your eyes rather than the 'one day we're going to go to ****' It is never about the end goal following a club, it is the experiences of following the team that gives joy and memories. CCFC for me is always about, Fergie, Wallace. Hutch, Dion, Speedie. Keane, Hadji. Doyle etc, Wembley visits, Notts County away, staying up at White hart Lane, Wimbledon etc. Not one lasting memory do I have of boards of directors etc. In the CCFC future, we will hammer teams and get hammered. It's what happens. Sometimes we'll be p8ssed off, and others ecstatic. If we ever sell Julain Gray, though, then I'll cut my season ticket in half.

CCFCSteve

But you're making out we are acting in a terrible fashion. Can't you just enjoy what's happening in front of your eyes rather than the 'one day we're going to go to ****' It is never about the end goal following a club, it is the experiences of following the team that gives joy and memories. CCFC for me is always about, Fergie, Wallace. Hutch, Dion, Speedie. Keane, Hadji. Doyle etc, Wembley visits, Notts County away, staying up at White hart Lane, Wimbledon etc. Not one lasting memory do I have of boards of directors etc. In the CCFC future, we will hammer teams and get hammered. It's what happens. Sometimes we'll be p8ssed off, and others ecstatic. If we ever sell Julain Gray, though, then I'll cut my season ticket in half.

I was going to post something similar.

I can’t believe there were still some grumbles after yesterday

Of course we can all worry what might happen in the summer and next season but for now let’s just enjoy what we’re watching. For all the ifs and buts nobody can say they’ve not been thoroughly entertained this season. We played some great stuff, given nearly every team a proper game and the never say die attitude and togetherness of the players has been something to be really proud of

We seem to forget there’s other teams, with quality players and good managers, who will try to counteract what we do. Blackburn, for all their shithousery, played some really good stuff going forward and are sixth in the league FFS. We played great in the first half but they changed things up and a sloppy start to second altered the momentum of the game. But then we came again. It was just a fun, entertaining game

Yeah, we’ll almost certainly fall short of the play offs but the progress has been there for all to see this season*. Can we continue this next season ?? who knows, but let’s just enjoy it

*unless we ignore first the 10 games or so…oh, and injury time goals, in which case we’ve been shocking…Robins out 😊

TomRad85

I think our fanbase more than any other is entitled ask questions about end goals, models, finances, all the boring stuff. After what our owners have put us through its normal.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

I think our fanbase more than any other is entitled ask questions about end goals, models, finances, all the boring stuff. After what our owners have put us through its normal.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

100% agree. I was as disappointed as anyone that we didn’t invest/have a bit of a gamble with a couple of loans in Jan but lets enjoy the rest of the season first and then see what happens over the summer

mark82

If Gyokeres is sold for big money surely you will agree then the business model is working?

Depends what you consider big money. I'd suggest if we sell this season we are doing so before he reaches optimal value. Currently probably get £5 - £6 million for him. Another season like this year (maybe with a bit more consistency) he's a £10m plus player. So, it depends what we get.

I have to say though that selling your best players at Championship level feels like the model to follow if you just want to survive each year. If we want to make playoffs we need to add quality to what we have.

mark82

How far do you think SISU can take the club and do you think we’ll progress again next season?

I think we can progress, but if you sell one of your best players and get that wrong with the small squad we have it can go very wrong. You can be either a Brentford or a Barnsley.

Users who are viewing this thread