Birmingham (1 Viewer)

AOM

How long until Sky are calling them Wayne Rooney's Birmingham City?

AndreasB

QPR or Derby

Think Derby will stick with Warne. They are a bit inconsistent but still 8th and have a strong squad for L1
Unless of course they are banking on automatic in which case they are already 9 points off it.
Near bankruptcy and a new owner seem to have made them more pragmatic but who knows?

TomRad85

I do think that even clubs who aren't yet managerless but are perhaps underperforming could be tempted to replace said underperforming managers with Eustace.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

JulianDarbyFTW

If MR and his team were to resign tomorrow, I'd have Eustace here to replace him. He's clearly a good young manager. If I was him, I'd be spitting feathers right now. He has a 45% win rate over 170 games, which is fantastic, and is being replaced by 'a winner' in the form of the dull, uninspiring Rooney with his less than stellar 27% win rate (over 140 games), which is frankly laughable. Only in football could such an obviously poor decision be made.

slowpoke

If MR and his team were to resign tomorrow, I'd have Eustace here to replace him. He's clearly a good young manager. If I was him, I'd be spitting feathers right now. He has a 45% win rate over 170 games, which is fantastic, and is being replaced by 'a winner' in the form of the dull, uninspiring Rooney with his less than stellar 27% win rate (over 140 games), which is frankly laughable. Only in football could such an obviously poor decision be made.
Don’t think this was a massive shock to Eustace, once these new American owners got hold of the club he wouldn’t have be glamorous enough.
He will soon have plenty of opportunities .

alexccfc99

I don’t know what Birmingham City have ever done to be so entitled, give or take a few years extra years in their favour in the top flight they’ve done precisely nothing that we haven’t

I can only assume that they believe they should be in the Premier League because they carry the name of the UK’s second city

hope this fails miserably and Eustace ends up finishing above them, wherever he turns up next

Sbarcher

Hmmm. Should be interesting on December 16th.

TomRad85

Don’t think this was a massive shock to Eustace, once these new American owners got hold of the club he wouldn’t have be glamorous enough.
He will soon have plenty of opportunities .
Rooney is a lot of things but I've never heard him described as glamorous.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

I said the same

You wonder how much of the decent work that went on was down to Rosenior especially when you then look at his record in The States
It’s quite clear Rosenior was the brains, as soon as they parted ways Rooney’s record became abysmal. Rosenior has done a very good job at Hull.

Tommo1993

It’s quite clear Rosenior was the brains, as soon as they parted ways Rooney’s record became abysmal. Rosenior has done a very good job at Hull.

It was already abysmal tbf. His win % only dropped 1.8% when he moved to MLS.

He’ll have Birmingham back festering towards relegation.

alexccfc99

He could have got his weeks mixed up. We play them on the 9th. Not sure on the “interesting” part though, games between the two are rarely interesting.
Think we signed a contract when we moved to that bloody ground to just play out a boring 0-0 draw at least once a season

alexccfc99

It was already abysmal tbf. His win % only dropped 1.8% when he moved to MLS.

He’ll have Birmingham back festering towards relegation.
I’m all for a bit of Brummie/Rooney bashing

But in fairness had they not have had 21 points chalked off he’d have kept a Derby team compromised of mostly kids and free transfers up comfortably to be fair, but as has been suggested how much of that good work was down to Rosenior

Frostie

I’m all for a bit of Brummie/Rooney bashing

But in fairness had they not have had 21 points chalked off he’d have kept a Derby team compromised of mostly kids and free transfers up comfortably to be fair, but as has been suggested how much of that good work was down to Rosenior
Whilst this is true, they would have gone down under him the year before had it not been for Sheffield Wednesday's own points deduction.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Strong Rowett-Zola vibe to this although i think Rooney has a better chance of being a success than Zola did. Nonetheless this is a huge gamble by the owners and difficult to see how he really improves on what Eustace was already achieving. It will be good to see who takes Eustace on next and how he does, signs so far have been promising for him and there will be plenty of Championship jobs going over the season you'd expect.

Users who are viewing this thread