Birmingham match moved to Friday night (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

@Sky Blue Pete next time you meet with the club might be worth mentioning there seems to be a fair few people on about jacking STs due to fixture changes, (a small sample size admittedly), might be time to look at reintroducing match packages
And some clear explanation of the process and whether the club has any say over fixture dates and times

Saddlebrains

A massive mob of them were outside the Colin Campbell (shit picture).
View attachment 32153
And then as you say caused carnage up Swan Lane on their way to the ground.

Pretty sure they went into Derby on the way back and caused havoc there as well.

Think I’ve told this story before but distinctly remember some of their lads in the lower terrace of the away end and then some Stone Island wannabe and his mates not far from them started giving monkey impressions to Dean Gordon.

Funny thing was, what were clearly their proper lads were all black and stormed straight over to him and told him in no uncertain terms the error of his ways.

Mr Stone Island instantly shit himself and then over the next 10 minutes or so all of his mates quickly melted away pretty much just leaving him and one other lad both with their heads down whilst the other lads just kept looking over and snarling at them. 🤣

Mad that I can vividly remember that from over 20 years ago but couldn’t fucking tell you what I did last week.

Yea that was it. I lived just off Ball Hill at the time so was a simple walk, soon as we got onto swan lane it was mayhem, i was petrified. We turned round and didnt go the game

But different now at 33 but i remember just how scared I was then, and i dont want to put my kids through that (if it happens) mainly my daughter.

Just think Friday 8pm for Cov Blues which is well known for trouble is ridiculous

Brighton Sky Blue

Yea that was it. I lived just off Ball Hill at the time so was a simple walk, soon as we got onto swan lane it was mayhem, i was petrified. We turned round and didnt go the game

But different now at 33 but i remember just how scared I was then, and i dont want to put my kids through that (if it happens) mainly my daughter.

Just think Friday 8pm for Cov Blues which is well known for trouble is ridiculous
Really doesn’t help with the trains if they even run going at 50 past the hour so it forces people to wait for ages and makes ‘tomfoolery’ more likely.

fernandopartridge

A massive mob of them were outside the Colin Campbell (shit picture).
View attachment 32153
And then as you say caused carnage up Swan Lane on their way to the ground.

Pretty sure they went into Derby on the way back and caused havoc there as well.

Think I’ve told this story before but distinctly remember some of their lads in the lower terrace of the away end and then some Stone Island wannabe and his mates not far from them started giving monkey impressions to Dean Gordon.

Funny thing was, what were clearly their proper lads were all black and stormed straight over to him and told him in no uncertain terms the error of his ways.

Mr Stone Island instantly shit himself and then over the next 10 minutes or so all of his mates quickly melted away pretty much just leaving him and one other lad both with their heads down whilst the other lads just kept looking over and snarling at them.

Mad that I can vividly remember that from over 20 years ago but couldn’t fucking tell you what I did last week.
I remember I was going over Brum to do some shopping (Flannels for a Stone Island denim jacket) that morning and seeing them all streaming into town from the station

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Getting ridiculous now. Do Sky even make that much off the broadcasts? Just give them the rights to stream every game regardless of time and maybe move the odd one for Friday/Sunday. Compensate the clubs for losing iFollow revenue and call it a day.

SkyBlueSoul

I'm lucky in that I drive down on a Friday evening for a Saturday game anyway and stay with my Mum for the weekend, so this is probably the best day out of Fri/Sun/Mon they could move it to. Still not happy though because in the long run I'm another one who's questioning whether a ST is worth it next year if we're going to get more non-Saturday 3pm games.

People may think that makes me a little wimp, but i remember being in Swan Lane aged 11 in 2002 i think it was? when Sheffield United brought a mob first game of the season, they were doing everyone in everywhere and i was fucking shitting myself with my mum trying to shield me away

I dont want that shit affecting 2 kids who have become regular supporters
Remember that game as well. I was about the same age and it was the first time I'd been allowed to go to with just my older brother. Turned into Swan Lane as one of the old metal bin lids came flying over a line of police horses.

BananaFlats

Not only pissed off at the fixture moving again, but we have a bloody Sky camera obscuring our view in block 23 every time we're on TV. Causes people to stand to try and see what's going on down the touchline towards Singers Corner, not good!

skyblueiom

Just sucks big time, Sky are maiking it pretty difficult to support your club if you dont live reasonably close by. I've already lost money on Huddersfield and WBA (should have learned the first time!) travel and now unless youre prepared to use annual leave youve got very little opportunity to watch them live. Money can fuck off!!

shmmeee

Working from home
Pub and restaurant prices extortionate
Online clothes shopping
Live sports regularly all on SKY
Films available on demand
Supermarkets delivering groceries and drink
It’s almost like the authorities would prefer it if we never left the house.

Is this TV deal government mandated then?

Bloody Tories.

SonofErnie

Working from home
Online clothes shopping

Plenty of conspiracy theories out there to back this up

SBT

Working from home
Online clothes shopping
Or maybe it’s just private companies offering convenient services that people like

shmmeee

Or maybe it’s just private companies offering convenient services that people like

Every time I go to try and go grocery shopping Bill Gates forces the Uber Eats app into my hand.

Kevin Maton only gave me three local shop passes this month and I’ve used them all already.

I tried accepting job offers in the office but Klaus Schwab intercepted my email and made me accept the remote ones instead!

Save Us Lozza!

CJ_covblaze

It’s crap so many are missing out on games due to them being moved for TV. It will be far more games next season but at least we’ll know about the games that are moved, their new date and kick off time pretty much when the fixtures are announced. That won’t solve the problem for some but will help a lot book travel, shifts and their family stuff well in advance.

Ashdown

It’s crap so many are missing out on games due to them being moved for TV. It will be far more games next season but at least we’ll know about the games that are moved, their new date and kick off time pretty much when the fixtures are announced. That won’t solve the problem for some but will help a lot book travel, shifts and their family stuff well in advance.
It might help clubs price the games accordingly as well .

ceetee

Not only pissed off at the fixture moving again, but we have a bloody Sky camera obscuring our view in block 23 every time we're on TV. Causes people to stand to try and see what's going on down the touchline towards Singers Corner, not good!
I'm with you on that one. We can't be far away from one another

harvey098

Yeah so annoying. ST holder and another one I won’t be able to go to now.

In any other industry, if an event had its date changed, all ticket holders would be offered refunds.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

First year I’ve ever had a ST, living in London it’s always hard to get up for games. Bought off the back of the brilliance of last season and the season before that.

It was basically a pointless exercise and I won’t be bothering again

duffer

Every time I go to try and go grocery shopping Bill Gates forces the Uber Eats app into my hand.

Kevin Maton only gave me three local shop passes this month and I’ve used them all already.

I tried accepting job offers in the office but Klaus Schwab intercepted my email and made me accept the remote ones instead!

Save Us Lozza!

Maton promised there'd be a pub within my allocated 15 minutes, but it's 17 minutes away and I don't want to get arrested. I could run, I suppose, but then I get there all hot and sweaty. Feckin council.

Essexrobbie

Thats me out then. I only get a few saturdays off to come up from essex to see a game, and this was one of them. What about people that have already brought tickets?

pusbccfc

First year I’ve ever had a ST, living in London it’s always hard to get up for games. Bought off the back of the brilliance of last season and the season before that.

It was basically a pointless exercise and I won’t be bothering again

It's still very doable going to matches from London during the week

Users who are viewing this thread