Birmingham match moved to Friday night (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Sacking it off next year I am, cant justify it with the kids

With the holidays theyve had so have missed 1 or 2 aswell as night games out of 23 homes games they're going to see 15.

And thats if none of the others are moved. With the EFL TV deal next season im just going to save the money tbh, it will become me working out the worth of a ticket over around 13 or 14 games not 20 or so

Saddlebrains

Off the back of this aswell i dont see how WMP have signed off on this. Every single time we play blues at the CBS it kicks off outside.

The game in April was a war zone by tesco etc.

A Friday night KO is asking for carnage in my view and im debating whether or not im going to take the kids up. People may think that makes me a little wimp, but i remember being in Swan Lane aged 11 in 2002 i think it was? when Sheffield United brought a mob first game of the season, they were doing everyone in everywhere and i was fucking shitting myself with my mum trying to shield me away

I dont want that shit affecting 2 kids who have become regular supporters

HerneBayGaz

Two lads on lates where I work have said they're sacking it off next year and will just pay per game. I don't blame them.
Yep me too. Travelling back and forwards to Herne Bay other then Saturday, has been a joke. Especially night games. Having been a season ticket holder since the 70s other then the 'Northampton fiasco' is now becoming a ridiculous. Enough is enough now. So many long distance fans are missing out on games because of Sky. That don't give a toss about fans. It's all about lining there greedy pockets.

Skybluecol

"Sky Sports are Wankers, everywhere they go" 🎶🎵
Suppose it could get worse......we could have VAR next year (go up or they introduce to Championship)

SBbucks

I can't get my head around the thought that the powers that be won't get rid of the 3pm blackout as they think it will affect crowds, but feel moving tons of games away from that time slot instead will be fine. It's baffling to me

These days the 3pm blackout is largely to protect the rest of the EFL pyramid where attendances could be badly hit by high profile televised games on Saturday afternoons. Not saying it’s right or wrong, but it’s not going to change in the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Doors open at 6:30 for the party night as well🤣
Yep, it'll properly start at 8 to 8.30 so you have these people trying to get in around the same time as a 20+k crowd including some yampy Blues who like to look for a fight when they play us

letsallsingtogether

Most teams will be in the same boat.
Hasn't affected the Prem.
You ether want to support the boys or you dont.
Realise some cant make it I have missed 2 already but need to miss a few more before a ST is more expensive then POTG.

no_loyalty

FFS work Christmas do in Brum that night, I guess a few others will be in the same boat.

Chris1987

I don't have a ST but if I did I would be far from happy. I work nights and live away from Cov so I feel particularly sorry for those season ticket holders who can't make the rearranged games due to their own unique personal circumstances. Football is a spectator live event and Sky are having a huge negative influence on this. Attendances in the Championship will inevitably drop due to supporters of many clubs not renewing season tickets.

SBbucks

I don't have a ST but if I did I would be far from happy. I work nights and live away from Cov so I feel particularly sorry for those season ticket holders who can't make the rearranged games due to their own unique personal circumstances. Football is a spectator live event and Sky are having a huge negative influence on this. Attendances in the Championship will inevitably drop due to supporters of many clubs not renewing season tickets.

I’m not sure it follows that attendances would inevitably drop under the current TV deal, in fact the opposite has been true in recent years. Fixtures have been moved for Sky for 20 years or more, but 2022-2023 had the highest aggregate EFL attendances since 1953-1954.
However the new TV deal next season (with a massive increase in televised EFL games) may start to have an effect on season ticket sales, if not overall attendances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

I don’t think games moved to Fridays or Sundays are that big a deal, Mondays perhaps not so good.
I doubt it will affect ST sales that much.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Tv money and half filled grounds. The working man’s game

If this is going to be the norm next season then Sky need to at least double the money 💰

ovduk78

Was coming down for this, as I was for WBA and still planning to do for Stoke. Seriously pissed off about it.

I'm now thinking of coming down for WBA as I don't work Mondays but it will mean my son will miss out as he does. If anyone in Scotland south of Stirling/Northern England fancies coming down and back on the day, sharing the driving etc then let me know. I have driven down and back in a day for Huddersfield game the season before last & 700 miles in a long day was a killer.

Covkid1968#

Off the back of this aswell i dont see how WMP have signed off on this. Every single time we play blues at the CBS it kicks off outside.

The game in April was a war zone by tesco etc.

A Friday night KO is asking for carnage in my view and im debating whether or not im going to take the kids up. People may think that makes me a little wimp, but i remember being in Swan Lane aged 11 in 2002 i think it was? when Sheffield United brought a mob first game of the season, they were doing everyone in everywhere and i was fucking shitting myself with my mum trying to shield me away

I dont want that shit affecting 2 kids who have become regular supporters
Remember that game… that was a serious turnout from the BBC. Swan lane was full of them.

pusbccfc

It's not ideal, no.

However, a Friday night home match against Birmingham is proper tasty. These of the types of games you'd wish for years back drifting around League 2.

oscillatewildly

Two lads on lates where I work have said they're sacking it off next year and will just pay per game. I don't blame them.
Same with me - I work three shifts, one week about. Earlies, afternoons and nights, so it's a one in three chance for me to catch a midweek game.
I won't be renewing.

LastGarrison

Remember that game… that was a serious turnout from the BBC. Swan lane was full of them.
A massive mob of them were outside the Colin Campbell (shit picture).
IMG_3704.jpeg
And then as you say caused carnage up Swan Lane on their way to the ground.

Pretty sure they went into Derby on the way back and caused havoc there as well.

Think I’ve told this story before but distinctly remember some of their lads in the lower terrace of the away end and then some Stone Island wannabe and his mates not far from them started giving monkey impressions to Dean Gordon.

Funny thing was, what were clearly their proper lads were all black and stormed straight over to him and told him in no uncertain terms the error of his ways.

Mr Stone Island instantly shit himself and then over the next 10 minutes or so all of his mates quickly melted away pretty much just leaving him and one other lad both with their heads down whilst the other lads just kept looking over and snarling at them. 🤣

Mad that I can vividly remember that from over 20 years ago but couldn’t fucking tell you what I did last week.

napolimp

Fuck sake, why can't I just go home from work during the week, and watch TV from the comfort of my sofa.

TewkesburySkyBlue

I can't see this going down too well , so many games moved already , feels like Saturday games are rarer than ever .. could effect ST sales next season
I won’t buy a season ticket next year.
I live too far away and am too old to enjoy coming to night games.
Feel defrauded by buying a ST this year as Ill miss may games .
iI know it’s not the club’s fault but Sky should compensate us for their selfishness - they don’t give a monkey about the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread