Birmingham match moved to Friday night (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I can't see this going down too well , so many games moved already , feels like Saturday games are rarer than ever .. could effect ST sales next season

The new TV deal next season will make this normal in truth - just rubbish really

Greggs

I like a Friday night game, but we now have one Saturday home 3pm kick off left this year. Ridiculous
Friday nights are a close second to Saturday afternoon. The rest of the days can fuck off

Joy Division

It's annoying having Saturday home games becoming rarer, but I wouldn't mind so much if they (the football league/sky) announced these at the start of the season so supporters can plan things in advance

clint van damme

We now have one weekend home game between now and January 13th

And that's Leicester isn't it?
Amazed if that's not moved.

Edit - sorry SBT, just seen you'd already mentioned this

Last edited:

play_in_skyblue_stripes

An attractive game on a Friday night and this might tempt me even though likely 37 gbp.
However definitely confirms right decision not to even consider a season ticket being Manchester based.
Too many night games. This will put off a lot of new season ticket holders next season.
Norwich was really good recently but no idea when next Saturday game at less than 37 gbp will be. Last two seasons at home and away have been great football and atmosphere wise. Not sure this season will be quite the same. I hope it is but high pricing and lack of Saturday games and lack of "Viktor and Gus" songs might limit the same brilliant experience.

SBT

Two lads on lates where I work have said they're sacking it off next year and will just pay per game. I don't blame them.
At this rate I might end 2023 having done as many away games as home games this season. The season ticket has been a pretty bad investment by those standards, but then again I need the ST to buy the away tickets….

Larry David Reaction GIF

Flying Fokker

Sky can fuck off.

I deliberately scheduled a trip to see some family in France and paid considerably more to fly back Friday evening rather than Saturday so I would be able to watch.

Just so they can wank off Rooney.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
Seems to have pulled a few of your strings…

Tommo1993

Fucking joke this is. Proper losing my patience with it now and it’ll only be getting worse.

clint van damme

ST sales have been very good across the Championship this year, I'd imagine this is going to have a significant affect on them next season.

I'm not sure how much the deals for but I hope it's worth it.

junglej13

This has likely been mentioned on another thread but the family zone in particular looks noticeable less populated for night matches. Friday night not be as bad as other week nights but still likely to lose a few who it's past their bed time!

Macca1987

Same as those above, well fucked off, being dragged along to xmas lights on the Friday with kids and grandkids, would be more than my lifes worth lol

Johnnythespider

This will undoubtedly affect season ticket sales next season, who would buy one when you don't know when a game will be played, I understand the Premier League will televise all games not played at 3 pm on a Saturday from 24/25, football is prioritizing television over fans attending the match, it's a sad day

Users who are viewing this thread