Match Thread Birmingham City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Apr (1 Viewer)

Deity

Youd think so.

But that Couldnt be further from the truth the last 6 weeks or so.....
I suspect COH likes to be the star man, the centre of attention etc … he’s probably found being on the bench a blow to his ego.

If this is the case he should choose his next club with great care.

JPG77

They've been given 3 days off as a reward you'll be pleased to know..
If that is true it's a joke but I can also see the reasoning with the semi final, damned if you do, damned if you don't. End of the day we have exceeded most people's expectations this season, high turnover and a slow start plus some injuries at key times along with some silly mistakes, close but not close enough. With a few good signings early, the fans and Doug will be expecting a much more consistent and better season resulting in either autos or playoffs

steveo1987

Sobering performance today. Whilst accepting fatigue is playing a part the performance really does show the limitations of our squad.

Fullback is an area we need reinforcements. Bidwell and Milan are solid but DaSilva hasn’t impressed and there’s no cover for Milan as Lats don’t look comfortable there.

Collins, Thomas and Kitching all keep having lapses of concentration so we need to be looking at another CB. We dont seem to fancy Binks and Lats only seems to suit three at the back.

Torp looks like it’s going to take time to build him into a championship player. If the kyprianou rumours are true a midfield pick of him Eccles, Sheaf and Torp seems solid.

Palmer blows hot and cold, his stamina is also an issue. With O’Hare off we need one if not two number 10’s.

Sakamoto is coming back off a serious injury and EMC is stepping up a level. Another wide attacker wouldn’t go amiss.

Simms and Wright have shown they can score goals but another striker is required especially if Goddens days are numbered.

Before any unexpected departures I make that five players to come in just to maintain a playoff challenge.

The spine of the squad is there but today has shown we need cover and serious competition for places.
Good observations, I thought the centre half pairing was bang average today , a proper off day. Palmer was awful, anonymous, provided nothing to the front men barring the long ball for Wright who half heartedly chased which made my piss boil with the lack of effort.Wright I an enigma, a big lad who seems lightweight but can score, strange. I think we deffo need a keeper along with proper RB cover as Lati is not a RB by any means, I feel a bit sorry for him.Midfield was overrun today, Sheaf has been well off the pace and probably needs a body in midfield to help. Not too far away, more squad depth required

quinn1971

If we weren’t in the semis we win that today, TBH we’ve been chasing the play offs all season, enjoy our day at wembley, re group in the summer and we‘ll be right up there next season, we’re getting better and better,

Grendel

If we weren’t in the semis we win that today, TBH we’ve been chasing the play offs all season, enjoy our day at wembley, re group in the summer and we‘ll be right up there next season, we’re getting better and better,
Nonsense

Ashdown

Good. If fatigue is a problem then that's the right thing to do..

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Speaks volumes to me about where priorities lie for perhaps both the players and the owners. Play offs was a stretch….a one on one against a team who couldn’t beat Bournemouth offers a better chance of fame and fortune! …..In Robins I trust 🤔

Marty

What's actually wrong with this side? Every season since Robins has took over, we've had 1 random game where we've been utter shit. Yeovil at home, Rotherham away (L1) etc. This year we've put in 5 or 6 performances where half of them look lucky to even be a professional footballer.

pusbccfc

Fatigue being a problem is bullshit, Birmingham have had less days rest and still out performed us.

Doesn't always work like that.

Adge

It really wasn’t any better being in the home end and listening to them Brummies rattling in my ear for 90 minutes. Fair play to them and their team though-turned up, knew what had to be done and rolled us over with ease. Don’t think we will see as bad a performance between now and the end of the season.

Brighton Sky Blue

It really wasn’t any better being in the home end and listening to them Brummies rattling in my ear for 90 minutes. Fair play to them and their team though-turned up, knew what had to be done and rolled us over with ease. Don’t think we will see as bad a performance between now and the end of the season.
I didn't think we'd see anything as bad as Preston between then and the end of the season, I was wrong.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep that was the worst of the season by mile.

shocked at how bad and timing.
Likewise I was shocked at how bad and timing of the PNE performance. Though we've seen contrastingly brilliant performances against Lesta and Leeds too. Gifting these Brummie twats a survival lifeline hurts more than the annual PNE defeats though, they're utter shite

TomRad85

Likewise I was shocked at how bad and timing of the PNE performance. Though we've seen contrastingly brilliant performances against Lesta and Leeds too. Gifting these Brummie twats a survival lifeline hurts more than the annual PNE defeats though, they're utter shite
Plus you just kind of expect it vs Preston, they are such a bogey team you just have to laugh about it really. May as well play 2 games vs Real Madrid every season.
Losing 3-0 to that Birmingham is unforgivably shit.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It's ok - Nick on CWR says he's confident we'll win next week, and all 4 remaining league games. Feel better now that Nick has reassured me :unsure: :rolleyes:

Say's the guy who never goes to games and he lives in Birmingham. 🙈

Brighton Sky Blue

Plus you just kind of expect it vs Preston, they are such a bogey team you just have to laugh about it really. May as well play 2 games vs Real Madrid every season.
Losing 3-0 to that Birmingham is unforgivably shit.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I was expecting the playoff challenge to be ended by Conor Chaplin rather than Bobby fecking Thomas. Now I kind of know how Tony Mowbray must have felt when Andy Thorn's cloggers beat Boro 3-1 and even Alex Nimely found the net.

Sky Blue Harry H

And lost £35m of talent and 5 loans of course 🙄

I get we are 2 x stars down, but we have a more solid squad, and have 1 loan, rather than 5 loans - so that's better overall n'est ce pas? I'm happy that we have made progress, but do think next season the expectations will be higher from the club and supporters. I also think the keyboard moaners will be out in force once the cup adventure is over.

Sky Blue Harry H

What's actually wrong with this side? Every season since Robins has took over, we've had 1 random game where we've been utter shit. Yeovil at home, Rotherham away (L1) etc. This year we've put in 5 or 6 performances where half of them look lucky to even be a professional footballer.

Pick any team in the division (bar probably Ipswich) and I'd bet you'd have fans saying the same about their team and abysmal performances.

ccfc1234

I didn't think we'd see anything as bad as Preston between then and the end of the season, I was wrong.
Rotherham away and maybe the second half away at Bristol City are up there with this one for me. Its not a valid reason but I sense some of the players were playing with an eye on next week knowing a red card or an injury would prevent them playing in the biggest game of their processional lives in front of a global audience.

Norwich winning was the bitter icing on the cake but being realistic about our trajectory another season in the Championship, hopefully even nearer to the summit, is probably the natural next step for this squad.

Brighton Sky Blue

Rotherham away and maybe the second half away at Bristol City are up there with this one for me. Its not a valid reason but I sense some of the players were playing with an eye on next week knowing a red card or an injury would prevent them playing in the biggest game of their processional lives in front of a global audience.

Norwich winning was the bitter icing on the cake but being realistic about our trajectory another season in the Championship, hopefully even nearer to the summit, is probably the natural next step for this squad.
Got to be fit for a spanking by a Man Utd team desperate for a trophy I suppose.

shmmeee

I get we are 2 x stars down, but we have a more solid squad, and have 1 loan, rather than 5 loans - so that's better overall n'est ce pas? I'm happy that we have made progress, but do think next season the expectations will be higher from the club and supporters. I also think the keyboard moaners will be out in force once the cup adventure is over.

Point is this is the first season robins has had the heart ripped out the side. Those complaining about “going backwards” are being their usual ludicrous selves.

Users who are viewing this thread