Match Thread Birmingham City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Apr (6 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Doubt it. Ipswich will have their promotion party at the CBS and Hull unlike us haven't thrown away the challenge of making top 6. Probably get spanked in both games, let Szmodics fill his boots at Blackburn then a 0-0 against QPR in fancy dress.

Ipswich have stumbled. The pressure will be well and truly on them.

bigfatronssba

Garlana86

I'm still out in Birmingham having drinks with the Birmingham lot, most of their fans are decent and tbf are just thankful to have a chance at staying up. But what's unacceptable is how comfortable they were, if we show this much fight next week, we will struggle and it could be embarrassing.

Hobo

And I do think Torp will come good.

We have Sakamoto back and EMC to come in.

I think it's already looking promising.

Not sure about Torp to be honest? Yes he has a good shot, a decent set piece and has some nice touches. But my worry is at this level he lacks pace and I am not convinced yet about his positional play

bigfatronssba

Against two sides at the top end of the table who both will need results while we have thrown the season away? Yes.

Those two teams have also spent the last month trying to throw away their seasons

Grendel

He’s not useless, flatters to deceive at times yes

is he good enough to be starting 10 for us to achieve our goal of the prem? No in my opinion

definitely a good squad player

Jamie Allen is a good squad player and we’ve missed him. Palmer is a luxury player who occasionally produces but has been a poor signing

samccov1987

Sobering performance today. Whilst accepting fatigue is playing a part the performance really does show the limitations of our squad.

Fullback is an area we need reinforcements. Bidwell and Milan are solid but DaSilva hasn’t impressed and there’s no cover for Milan as Lats don’t look comfortable there.

Collins, Thomas and Kitching all keep having lapses of concentration so we need to be looking at another CB. We dont seem to fancy Binks and Lats only seems to suit three at the back.

Torp looks like it’s going to take time to build him into a championship player. If the kyprianou rumours are true a midfield pick of him Eccles, Sheaf and Torp seems solid.

Palmer blows hot and cold, his stamina is also an issue. With O’Hare off we need one if not two number 10’s.

Sakamoto is coming back off a serious injury and EMC is stepping up a level. Another wide attacker wouldn’t go amiss.

Simms and Wright have shown they can score goals but another striker is required especially if Goddens days are numbered.

Before any unexpected departures I make that five players to come in just to maintain a playoff challenge.

The spine of the squad is there but today has shown we need cover and serious competition for places.

Saddlebrains

Not reactionary to say that was a disgrace. Get them back in 7am tomorrow for a dressing down. Robins works his magic after a bad result, they cannot be allowed to be on the beach for the remainder of the season. Long contracts or not that was not acceptable and any more displays like that and a good few of them need to be moved on

They've been given 3 days off as a reward you'll be pleased to know..

oscillatewildly

I'm still out in Birmingham having drinks with the Birmingham lot, most of their fans are decent and tbf are just thankful to have a chance at staying up. But what's unacceptable is how comfortable they were, if we show this much fight next week, we will struggle and it could be embarrassing.
We won't.

shepardo01

They've been given 3 days off as a reward you'll be pleased to know..
Don't understand that.
The only thing I can think of is that (after he alluded to it in his interview) he needs a bit of time to properly assess today and put together a plan for next Sunday.
Although not sure three days training will be enough either!???....
They don't deserve it.

Otis

Not got an issue with that. Fatigue is clearly a factor.
We've fucked our play off chances so may as well go all in on next Sunday.
If time off to recuperate is what's needed then so be it.
Yeah, no problem at all with the players being given 3 days off.

All eyes now have to be on the cup semi-final and it seems like they are exhausted.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not got an issue with that. Fatigue is clearly a factor.
We've fucked our play off chances so may as well go all in on next Sunday.
If time off to recuperate is what's needed then so be it.
Would still bring them in for work done in the analysis room instead of the training pitch. Starting with being made to rewatch today's game in slow motion

Saddlebrains

They look knackered physically and mentally.

That said I’d sooner the club had organised some downtime together as a team than let them drift off for 3 days doing their own thing.

They are deffo a tighter unit than before and thats only growing which is good, but they are still a way off the team togetherness of last year

Tommo1993

“We’ll be better next week.”

Even if it is against giants of football, that shouldn’t really be too difficult after today.

Users who are viewing this thread