Bin Strikes (3 Viewers)

rob9872

Do you think we got the service we were paying for when Matt Hancock was giving multi million pound PPE contracts to the barman of his local?

Because without looking, and I'll apologise if I'm wrong, but I bet you've been more critical of this binman strike than about that daylight robbery.
So we can only criticise one thing if we criticise everything?

A bit like it's not ok to say Arthur's mum was a scumbag if we've not first said all men are pigs for Sarah Everard.

Bringing an irrelevant argument into it.

I've only been vocal on this as I had only posted an alternative view (a simple opinion if you like) but then the pile on began, some if it personal, so I've responded and reacted.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't protest, never have. Not a fan of it tbh.

I have only done it once ever. But the whole point of strike action is to be inconvenient and is nearly always the very last resort. As a union man myself it’s something I hope never to have to call for, but it’s there for when nothing else has worked.

Evo1883

I have only done it once ever. But the whole point of strike action is to be inconvenient and is nearly always the very last resort. As a union man myself it’s something I hope never to have to call for, but it’s there for when nothing else has worked.

To be clear this is the last resort , its been going on for months

clint van damme

So we can only criticise one thing if we criticise everything?

A bit like it's not ok to say Arthur's mum was a scumbag if we've not first said all men are pigs for Sarah Everard.

Bringing an irrelevant argument into it.

I've only been vocal on this as I had only posted an alternative view (a simple opinion if you like) but then the pile on began, some if it personal, so I've responded and reacted.

A bit of consistency would be nice.
The police at the Sarah Everard protest and Arthur's parents is a non sequitur.

You mentioned the service taxpayers are getting, I mentioned an exact comparison.

Grendel

Wages staying still for years led to prosperity ok

Its not the point - wages keeping up with inflation perpetuates inflation which leads to bankruptcy widespread job losses interest rate hikes and crashing property values

Brighton Sky Blue

Its not the point - wages keeping up with inflation perpetuates inflation which leads to bankruptcy widespread job losses interest rate hikes and crashing property values

Well yes it is as otherwise people’s earnings become increasingly weak in what it affords them. Property has of course surged to farcical extents

TomRad85

Teaching unions despite being called ‘militant’ are the same. That our Scottish friends get 7% more than we do being a big focus at the moment.
You should take the plunge and become a private tutor BSB.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

You should take the plunge and become a private tutor BSB.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

A big risk that though. The silly thing is that even local private schools don’t pay as well as Scottish state ones and the pension is less secure too.

My best way out is probably to move into exam boards/DfE/Ofqual.

Marty

Aren't the wages low for the bin collectors because you plod around the city at 5 mph all day. You want the wages of a tramper but unwilling to do the work load. My old man was a tanker driver before his retirement. He earn't a decent wage because he drove the length of the country daily with a dangerous load, being away from family for days at a time.

Evo1883

Aren't the wages low for the bin collectors because you plod around the city at 5 mph all day. You want the wages of a tramper but unwilling to do the work load. My old man was a tanker driver before his retirement. He earn't a decent wage because he drove the length of the country daily with a dangerous load, being away from family for days at a time.

They earn more an hour plus do more hours .

It's irrelevant to our argument, some trampers take home 1000 plus a week plus , we are not asking to be on trampers wages , or tanker driver wages for that matter .. 95% of tanker driver will be at home every night too btw

Marty

They earn more an hour plus do more hours .

It's irrelevant to our argument, some trampers take home 1000 plus a week plus , we are not asking to be on trampers wages , or tanker driver wages for that matter

why don't you work for Birmingham City Council then? it's only half hour down the road. I actually hope you get your wage rise btw.

rob9872

why don't you work for Birmingham City Council then? it's only half hour down the road. I actually hope you get your wage rise btw.
Despite all I've said, I hope they get it too, I just hope it's by negotiation rather than strike.

JAM See

I've skimmed this thread so apologies if I'm repeating another poster.

What is wrong with a worker withdrawing their labour in order to improve the lot of their loved one's?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So the argument you're making is people shouldn't get paid more when prices go up because it'll just make prices go up even more? I assume you've turned down all pay rises in your life as part of your duty to keep inflation down?

I think the argument you're making a case for there is that business owners are greedy, profiteering bastards.

JAM See

There is nothing unlawful about a strike assuming it has gone through and been balloted
I'm really uneasy about this whole 'ballot/unlawful' narrative.

I'm not erudite enough to express my views eloquently, but...

...It should be the right of any working person to withdraw their labour as they see fit.

When did withdrawing your labour become a crime?

Grendel

The last time wages matched growing inflation in the uk unemployment soared and inflation continued

Users who are viewing this thread