Biggest Embarrassment of the Night (1 Viewer)

Silsden

Even more embarrassing for me than the dross on the field was the guy at the back on the stairs shouting abuse into the stewards face after half time. I don’t think there’s a public arena in the country where it’s considered ok to block stairwells. Just because the guy had bought a ticket he thought it was ok to scream profanities in their faces. They’re doing their job in what can be a pretty hostile and intimidating atmosphere. One of those stewards actually showed me round to the ticket office beforehand to pick my ticket up and couldn’t have been more helpful.

Really made me embarrassed to be associated with people like that, the female steward who came over after dealt with it really well but I would have thrown him out.

hill83

I accidentally threw up into our shiny garden waste wheelie bin I'd just cleaned of maggots and stinking rotten water today. That was pretty embarrassing.

JimmyHillsbeard

But in answer to the question I was pretty embarrassed that we chanted “We want Oyston out” to round applause from the Blackpool fans only to immediately follow up with “We’ve got more fans and you” and “your support is fucking shit”.

The first chant hinted we knew something about the reason why there are so few Blackpool fans in the ground.

pusbccfc

But in answer to the question I was pretty embarrassed that we chanted “We want Oyston out” to round applause from the Blackpool fans only to immediately follow up with “We’ve got more fans and you” and “your support is fucking shit”.

The first chant hinted we knew something about the reason why there are so few Blackpool fans in the ground.

Yep, 'You're support is fucking shit' is the worst our chavs have produced.

It's almost like they haven't got a brain cell.

Adge

Yep, 'You're support is fucking shit' is the worst our chavs have produced.

It's almost like they haven't got a brain cell.
What's more alarming is that some older "sheep" join in aswelll.

CJ_covblaze

That was embarrassing. It is all too often. How many times do we hear “don’t take me home” and “...is a shit hole, I wanna go home” sang at the same game?

oucho

Even more embarrassing for me than the dross on the field was the guy at the back on the stairs shouting abuse into the stewards face after half time. I don’t think there’s a public arena in the country where it’s considered ok to block stairwells. Just because the guy had bought a ticket he thought it was ok to scream profanities in their faces. They’re doing their job in what can be a pretty hostile and intimidating atmosphere. One of those stewards actually showed me round to the ticket office beforehand to pick my ticket up and couldn’t have been more helpful.

Really made me embarrassed to be associated with people like that, the female steward who came over after dealt with it really well but I would have thrown him out.

From your post, do I take it that the individual was not thrown out? If so, any idea why not?

letsallsingtogether

From your post, do I take it that the individual was not thrown out? If so, any idea why not?
Because it causes more hassle tjen it's worth.
His mates are probably there egging him on.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Thought this thread was going to relate to us playing in our second choice (aka away) shirts even when there was no clash. Utterly unnecessary and offensive to the club's history. It's not even like the white shirt has a different sponsor (a la Subaru vs Isuzu of the prem years), so there isn't even any commercial justification (other than trying to make us gullible twats buy an away shirt).

skybluepm2

Thought this thread was going to relate to us playing in our second choice (aka away) shirts even when there was no clash. Utterly unnecessary and offensive to the club's history. It's not even like the white shirt has a different sponsor (a la Subaru vs Isuzu of the prem years), so there isn't even any commercial justification (other than trying to make us gullible twats buy an away shirt).

I did find it strange, even more so that we wore blue at Wimbledon! Saying that, they’ve probably run out of the Home shirts again!!!! :)

Silsden

I think the other stewards that came over took the view that it was more hassle than it was worth to throw him out. Problem with that is now he thinks his attitude was justified. When they pulled some of the netting off so they could sit on the other side of the aisle they started ‘we do what we want’

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

To be honest, I thought cheering Bakayoko's substitution and ironically cheering O'Brien catching a cross, regardless of the fact they were both absolutely awful, was probably the biggest embarrassment of the night.

pusbccfc

I did find it strange, even more so that we wore blue at Wimbledon! Saying that, they’ve probably run out of the Home shirts again!!!! :)

Someone was saying this in the away end last night. They seem to believe that the team themselves have run low on home shirts and are trying to save them before the next batch arrive.

JimmyHillsbeard

Take it you prefer the 'old' one then :)

Well actually I suppose I’d prefer the word “City” to accompany the word “Coventry” and the badge without the green turf but apart from that it was fine. The two blokes parading it round were clearly very pleased and it provoked a chorus of “we’ve got a flag” from the stands which was probably the highlight of the second half apart from the seagull fight.

Brighton Sky Blue

That was embarrassing. It is all too often. How many times do we hear “don’t take me home” and “...is a shit hole, I wanna go home” sang at the same game?

Don't know about you but a good old fashioned bouncy wouldn't go amiss. If you cannae do the bouncy you're a...

CJ_covblaze

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Agreed, like us, Blackpool have suffered massively with their owners, so why mock them about it?
Maybe it's because most of the football league sing it to us when they visit the Ricoh and it was a rare chance to sing it back to someone...

I couldn't make it up to Blackpool due to work (treating myself to Gillingham tomorrow instead) but on CWR, when you could hear City fans singing 'Oyston Out', Clive Eakin described it as 'the Sky Blues fans are trying to curry favour with the home support'. I don't agree with that - IMO it was our fans trying to show support to another set of fans who had been shafted by their owners?

Users who are viewing this thread