Betting on Football (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

In the pub last weekend a bloke at the end of the West Ham v Liverpool match let out a big shout as he had bet on the Hammers to win at 3-1. I think he won around a hundred quid.I stopped betting on the Sky Blues ages ago as they always let me down so just have a bet now and then.What's the biggest win or loss any fan on here has had at the bookies ?

Covstu

I won about £300 on an accumulator a few years back from a £2 bet which was great but generally do not bet over a fiver.

ccfc1234

Biggest loss - more than a season ticket on Man Utd to beat a poor team at home in the early Moyes era.
Biggest win - £1 acca on 5 draws and 3 Scottish league games returned over £1200

orig skyblue87

Biggest price a 33/1 winner at Haydock, biggest return was on a Arsenal game few years ago, 2-0 down at HT, won 3-2 was 10/1 got just over 1500 returned

xcraigx

Biggest win has been £300, probably managed that ten times. Biggest loss £1014 and that was on a one day cricket match. Don't think I've ever felt so sick in my life as that was 2 months wages at the time.

I was an addict for years but stopped just over a year ago. Best decision ever.

bringbackrattles

Biggest win has been £300, probably managed that ten times. Biggest loss £1014 and that was on a one day cricket match. Don't think I've ever felt so sick in my life as that was 2 months wages at the time.

Well done on stopping betting like any addiction it's not easy. All the best !

xcraigx

Cheers, appreciated! I was betting on absolutely everything imaginable and very nearly lost everything including my mind. One day lost a packet, wrote down a new random password on a piece of paper, changed all my account passwords and binned the piece of paper and I've never looked back. I used to be permanently miserable and skint, now I'm miserable and have a few quid in the bank :)

LastGarrison

Took £350 off a lad who was a bit worse for wear at pool.

Too be fair he then took a oner back off me when he was sober and also took a oner off me on a different occasion playing spoof.

Best Mate won me a few quid each time he won the Gold Cup and I was there to watch all 3 of them live.

bringbackrattles

Cheers, appreciated! I was betting on absolutely everything imaginable and very nearly lost everything including my mind. One day lost a packet, wrote down a new random password on a piece of paper, changed all my account passwords and binned the piece of paper and I've never looked back. I used to be permanently miserable and skint, now I'm miserable and have a few quid in the bank :)
Once again well done.I used to be a heavy drinker which got me into loads of trouble.But have managed to control it so I know how tough it can be.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

Many years ago, when we used to get paid weekly - with REAL money in a packet! - I used to play cards all night - three card brag. One night there was five of us in the hand. I had a rare prile of two's. The pot built up and up. Eventually there was just me and one other guy left. The others had chucked in running flushes and high runs. The remaining guy said to me, "To save you losing any more money, I have to tell you, I have a prile." As soon as he said that, I knew my low prile of two's was beaten. He turned over three Jacks. My whole week's wages had gone on one hand of cards. From that night in 1974 I vowed I would never play cards for money again and never have. I just have a fiver flutter on the Grand National each year now. Oh, and one lottery ticket a week!

In the pub last weekend a bloke at the end of the West Ham v Liverpool match let out a big shout as he had bet on the Hammers to win at 3-1. I think he won around a hundred quid.I stopped betting on the Sky Blues ages ago as they always let me down so just have a bet now and then.What's the biggest win or loss any fan on here has had at the bookies ?

My major losses were on the LOTTERY:

£10/weekx52weeksx17 years (stopped doing it 3 years ago) = £8,840 minus winnings (approx £2,500)

= £6,340 nett loss

STUPID BOY

harvey098

I once won £8.31 on city to beat Sheffield utd. Would never bet again though. Quit whilst you're ahead

I do an acumalater every know and again. Used to do it every away game. Now I've cut down a little as I've never won. The closest I've come to winning was a 12 team accumalater where I was 1 goal away from winning 4K. But that was the day Aaron Phillips got the equaliser at Wolves so it wasn't all bad

ccfc1234

I once won £8.31 on city to beat Sheffield utd. Would never bet again though. Quit whilst you're ahead

Good attitude mate, a friend of mine worked in a bookies that won a prize for being the branch that made the most in the country for Corals on the roulette machines. He said one punter did over 10k in a month on his own!!

A comedian once said a gambling addiction is worse than soft drugs and booze as it leave you broke but without all the interesting stories along the way!!

Covstu

some of the lads in the pub would clear a £1k easy on a saturday then lose the same the following week. Just couldnt live like that!

ccfc92

Have no luck really, biggest win possibly £30 IIRC? :(

To sum it up, I have Rangers in a 3 team Acca tonight. They are losing 0-3 to Hibs :pointlaugh:

ccfc92

My major losses were on the LOTTERY:

£10/weekx52weeksx17 years (stopped doing it 3 years ago) = £8,840 minus winnings (approx £2,500)

= £6,340 nett loss

STUPID BOY

exactly why I'd rather bet on football. more likely. not much profit, but still :)

skybluejelly

Many years ago, when we used to get paid weekly - with REAL money in a packet! - I used to play cards all night - three card brag. One night there was five of us in the hand. I had a rare prile of two's. The pot built up and up. Eventually there was just me and one other guy left. The others had chucked in running flushes and high runs. The remaining guy said to me, "To save you losing any more money, I have to tell you, I have a prile." As soon as he said that, I knew my low prile of two's was beaten. He turned over three Jacks. My whole week's wages had gone on one hand of cards. From that night in 1974 I vowed I would never play cards for money again and never have. I just have a fiver flutter on the Grand National each year now. Oh, and one lottery ticket a week!

3 card brag is the easiest game to count cards on .. As you don't shuffle until you get a prile
.. If two people are playing together you can really make a killing

ccfc92

Nightmare, i had a 10 fold last week and 3 let me down....not us though - Bristol won ;)

I had a 11 fold yesterday for Europa league, only put 60p on it, and only picked odds on, and got 7 or 8 right :(

I had Bristol last Sat :eek::D

ccfc92

In answer to your question though, on Betfair, odds on teams in premier league are 20/1.

Man City, Liverpool, Soton, Arsenal, West Brom, Swansea.

stupot07

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

I've also gone for a 9 fold

Peterborough
Arsenal
Southampton
Brighton
Derby
Swindon
Newport
York
St mirren
240/1 50p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Am

Normally put £10 on a 9 fold each weekend been close a few times but not come in:

This weekend got:
Reading
Derby
Ipswich
Bristol City
Preston
Swindon
Wycombe
Cambridge
Shrewsbury

210/1

CJ_covblaze

Won 4500 on Blues to win the League Cup a few seasons ago. Also won 350 on Bradford at the start of the season. Had Bristol City on Saturday too. Betting against your own team can work. If your team wins it's happy days, if they lose you've gained a few quid and probably paid for your day. A draw always messes things up though!

Always had a rule that I'll only bet what I've won. I don't really see it as my money while a bet's in progress or afterwards. As soon as the cash has left my account or wallet it's spent and I've had a good few hours entertainment out of it.

Last edited:

ccfc92

Well, if I had of bet on West Ham, they would be 3-0 down now. Currently, they are 1-0 up, and guess who's on my acca? Yes, man city :pointlaugh:

Terry Gibson's perm

Like to think I am good at football betting in reality I am not! saw Birmingham at 3-1 to win today and went for that couldn't have got it more wrong! But i did have Wilson to score anytime so got a bit back.

CJ_covblaze

Well, if I had of bet on West Ham, they would be 3-0 down now. Currently, they are 1-0 up, and guess who's on my acca? Yes, man city :pointlaugh:

Same here.

ccfc92

Only I could bet on Bayern Munich to win, against a team I've never heard of, and they draw 0-0 :pointlaugh:

stupot07

Any tips for an accumulator today?

Users who are viewing this thread