Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (1 Viewer)

Mr Panda

I watched the iron claw in the cinema today.

It’s a true story and is that tragic that they had to omit the character portrayal of one member of their family because the film was too repetitive to have had another death

Nick

Administrator

It’s a true story and is that tragic that they had to omit the character portrayal of one member of their family because the film was too repetitive to have had another death

Is that why?

I watched it but then googled and saw there was another but they didn't mention it.

Mr Panda

Is that why?

I watched it but then googled and saw there was another but they didn't mention it.

Yeah!

Then the older brother that died at the age of 5/6 was due to electrocution and falling face first into a puddle of melting snow. Details they left out as they thought it'd be too much for viewers.

Very, very unlucky family

AOM

Yup, I felt the same. Love Jodie Foster, but felt it dragged and agree, the supernatural bit just didn't work for me.

Thought the ending was daft too

Shame

Finished True Detective season 4 last night and actually really enjoyed it.
Read an article online where it said it initially wasn't intended to even be part of the True Detective series and thought that was pretty visible throughout, it was quite different.
Apparently the writer of the first three seasons was also slating it online, but they've already confirmed the same season 4 writer is doing season 5

SkyBlueScottie

I'm still not sure about True Detective, finished it, and thought the ending was OK in itself. In fact, it was just ok throughout, the best episode being the showdown in Fosters House.

Motoring on with Kin, Bren's a horrible bugger, got 2 episodes left of S2.

Reactions: AOM

Sky_Blue_Daz

Going down the wrestling route I see netflix are doing a Vince Mcmahon documentary , that could be interesting

Sky_Blue_Daz

If someone was to really dig into WWF / WWE pretty sure that all sorts of horrific things would come up
would be worth watching, I'm sure there was a hulk hogan film planned but that's not happening now

eedyut

Might be hard to find legally in the UK, but Mrs Davis is worth a watch for a mini-series...mad and confusing at first but well worth the investment if stumbled upon....and a well stuck ending for once

chiefdave

Well...

Seems a lovely company to work for

AOM

Shogun on Disney+.
Saw the trailer and that it was getting good reviews, and I'm already hooked in after one episode.
Feels like a movie budget has been used for a TV series, the setting and CGI is really impressive so far

Otis

Shogun on Disney+.
Saw the trailer and that it was getting good reviews, and I'm already hooked in after one episode.
Feels like a movie budget has been used for a TV series, the setting and CGI is really impressive so far
As long as it hasn't got any fighting in it, I am all in.

Otis

Four episodes now in with Constellation and really enjoying it. Have to concentrate to follow what is going on, but really worth it so far.

chiefdave

Four episodes now in with Constellation and really enjoying it. Have to concentrate to follow what is going on, but really worth it so far.
I have very little clue what is going on but still enjoying it

one of those shows where I feel I need to watch episodes more than once but I don’t have the time or patience for that

CCFCSteve

Think that’s next

Just finished Black Bird. Great series, albeit dark ! Based on a true story and well worth a watch.

Otis

I have very little clue what is going on but still enjoying it

one of those shows where I feel I need to watch episodes more than once but I don’t have the time or patience for that
It does get a little easier I think, but still there's an element of who are you, when are you, do you know you are you, going on.

I just see it as a very sad reflection of my own life

Mucca Mad Boys

Went to see Dune Part Two this weekend and that, alongside the first instalment was very good!

Terry_dactyl

Went to see Dune Part Two this weekend and that, alongside the first instalment was very good!
I don’t know much about Dune but my mate reckon the original, David Lynch(?), version tried to compact all the books into one film, where as these latest ones are taking their time. He was very excited for the number of films this will be.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don’t know much about Dune but my mate reckon the original, David Lynch(?), version tried to compact all the books into one film, where as these latest ones are taking their time. He was very excited for the number of films this will be.
I’ve not read the original books (yet) but Dune is such a large book and universe and is too large for one movie.

A trilogy with some streamlined story telling seems to be the best way to tell the story - the original author’s son is happy with the outcome!

The director set out for 3 movies and as the story is so large you can definitely see more prequels/sequels being sanctioned.

I purchased the audio book last night after watching and that’ll be my next book!

Terry_dactyl

I’ve not read the original books (yet) but Dune is such a large book and universe and is too large for one movie.

A trilogy with some streamlined story telling seems to be the best way to tell the story - the original author’s son is happy with the outcome!

The director set out for 3 movies and as the story is so large you can definitely see more prequels/sequels being sanctioned.

I purchased the audio book last night after watching and that’ll be my next book!
I’ve not seen the original film but I know it was pretty much derided. Quite enjoyed Dune: Part 1.
My mate, who’s the sci-fi aficionado, has invited me to go see the new one this Friday. He’s buzzing for it and was really excited for future films.

While I like sci-fi i think he’s ’next Level’. I was roundly criticised for telling him I thought Prometheus was ‘quite good’. Apparently, this is the wrong opinion to hold.

Jamesimus

Stuff I’ve seen lately I liked…

Fargo season 5 (didn’t enjoy 3 and 4, this one was great)

Mandy (the Nick Cage film, art house one minute then action that clearly makes fun of itself later on)

The End We Start From (That new Jodie Comer dystopian film about a climate event that renders the UK even more difficult to live in!)

Triangle of Sadness (almost like a critique of capitalism largely set on a luxury yacht cruise)

Zone of Interest (About Rudolf Hoss and his family and them living adjacent to Auschwitz, slow but harrowing and un-nerving as you’d expect given the subject matter)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just getting back to Fargo, I loved the first series but never bothered with the rest. Are they standalone series or do you have to watch them all in order?

Users who are viewing this thread