Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (7 Viewers)

Otis

I really like it too. It is a bit overdramatic and the daytime activities where everyone gets on is a bit boring, but I do find all the manipulating and how wrong the faithfuls often are fascinating.
Also glad they've not done what they do in the US and add celebrities into the mix
It's the only bit I don't like, the tasks. Find them a bit tedious and dull. It's all about the voting for me. That's the best part of it all by a country mile

Otis

I am glad that was clarified. Never watched Dukes of Hazard and thought you were talking about The Traitors.

Sat here thinking to myself, I don't remember a Daisy. Maybe I missed an episode. 🤔

Sky_Blue_Daz

for those that might be interested Love/hate is being shown on the itvX

PVA

Finished S2 of Reacher.

The first season was silly and over the top, but great fun.

The second season was still silly and over the top... But absolutely rubbish. Awful dialogue, terrible actors. And lost all the appeal of the first.

I thought season 5 of Fargo was Excellent. Some great performances and classic characters. Ole Munch, creepy and hilarious 👌

It was decent, though the ending was a bit weird.

Seasons 1 and 2 are brilliant 👍🏻 3 was ok, didn't watch 4 as apparently it's rubbish.

Tommo1993

Oppenheimer. What a film.

Really didn’t enjoy it. Feel like I needed to know too much about science, political and geopolitical affairs. Even after that, I don’t think the background music stopped for the entire duration, minus the test scene. It’s so unnecessary, especially when the actors are pretty much whispering.

Not for me. Firmly at the bottom of the table for Christopher Nolan films.

Alkhen

Finished S2 of Reacher.

The second season was still silly and over the top... But absolutely rubbish. Awful dialogue, terrible actors. And lost all the appeal of the first.

Seasons 1 and 2 are brilliant 👍🏻 3 was ok, didn't watch 4 as apparently it's rubbish.
I loved the ending! no spoilers obvs. but totally subverted the norm. I read and article from the show writer sayaing how one character bluntly refused to be railroaded into the others narrative. Was cribbed, then changed from No country for old men.

Best moments for me was when all the MAGA losers were mounting up and heading for the ranch they played YMCA over the montage 😂

And this scene with the mother in-law and Roy.. perfection:

Reactions: PVA

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Finally getting round to watching Chernobyl, visited the plant a few years back before they put the additional protection dome on it which was interesting/horrific and harrowing as it still had stuff coming out of it, geiger counter measurements on the way in and out......told all was safe........just like the programme telling everyone the same, couple of episodes to go but good watch

SBT

Finally getting round to watching Chernobyl, visited the plant a few years back before they put the additional protection dome on it which was interesting/horrific and harrowing as it still had stuff coming out of it, geiger counter measurements on the way in and out......told all was safe........just like the programme telling everyone the same, couple of episodes to go but good watch
One of the best limited series ever imo

Otis

Finished S2 of Reacher.

I have Reacher S2 on my list. Enjoyed the first one.

May still give it a go.

Otis

Really didn’t enjoy it. Feel like I needed to know too much about science, political and geopolitical affairs. Even after that, I don’t think the background music stopped for the entire duration, minus the test scene. It’s so unnecessary, especially when the actors are pretty much whispering.

Not for me. Firmly at the bottom of the table for Christopher Nolan films.
My daughter and her boyfriend didn't like it either, for the very same reasons.

Said they really struggled with the dialogue.

AOM

New series of True Detective on Sky Atlantic. Two episodes in so far, but really liking it. Feels a bit different from the previous series as I'm not sure if they'll be doing the multiple timelines thing they usually do, but it does that cultish/dark atmosphere really well

SkyBlueScottie

S2 of Reacher isn't a patch on S1, Reacher is at his best, on his own, wandering through a small town and helping someone. This wasn't that at all, and probably one of the least memorable books.

Ref Oppenheimer, the score is part of what kept me immersed and its something I'm noticing more and more in Nolan films, for me they seem to resonate with my head, seemingly tunes me in, similar to how David Lynch does with Twin Peaks.

Just watched episode 3 of Triggerpoint S2, in ITVX. Poor Old Vicky McClure hasn't had a break in this one yet, been rushed off of her feet.

Alkhen

Just watched the first episode of 'Boy swallows universe' Aus drama, enjoying it, odd tone. Reminds me of something Taika Waititi might make

Mr Panda

Masters of the Air - started this weekend and still working out my opinion on it.

Trying to disconnect myself from comparing it too much to Band of Brothers or the Pacific.

I can't take Austin Butler seriously as a lead actor

Kneeza

. This might be up a few posters alley

Watched it a couple of days ago.
Rather long and slightly disappointing, partially given some of the (unavoidable) player changes I thought.
I must have watched Early Doors right through at least four times, and even have it on dvd, so I'm probably biased.
It was OK though, and I managed to watch it right through.

Kneeza

S2 of Reacher isn't a patch on S1, Reacher is at his best, on his own, wandering through a small town and helping someone. This wasn't that at all, and probably one of the least memorable books.

Ref Oppenheimer, the score is part of what kept me immersed and its something I'm noticing more and more in Nolan films, for me they seem to resonate with my head, seemingly tunes me in, similar to how David Lynch does with Twin Peaks.

Just watched episode 3 of Triggerpoint S2, in ITVX. Poor Old Vicky McClure hasn't had a break in this one yet, been rushed off of her feet.
We somehow managed to miss Series One completely, so we're currently catching up. Just seen the one where the poor bugger watches her brother totalled in a car bomb.
She does go through it, eh?

Kneeza

Mention elsewhere in this thread of Harlen Coben has just made me shudder.
Can't stand anything, book or tv, of his.
Utter shite.

Otis

Late to the party on Severance. Just started watching now. Three episodes in and I really, really like it.

SkyBlueScottie

We somehow managed to miss Series One completely, so we're currently catching up. Just seen the one where the poor bugger watches her brother totalled in a car bomb.
She does go through it, eh?
She does, stops a major terrorist attack. Then gets a phonecall from her Dad, asking her to speak some sense with her Mum... the parents could do with keeping up with the news.

Kneeza

She does, stops a major terrorist attack. Then gets a phonecall from her Dad, asking her to speak some sense with her Mum... the parents could do with keeping up with the news.
Well, we finished watching Series One last night - and I have to admit I was too dim to see the final twist coming.
Will start on S2 tonight.

Sbarcher

The Painted Bird. Probably one of the most disturbing films I’ve seen in a long time. In black and white and probably without subtitles but you can follow the story well.

JAM See

Argylle.

Total nonsense, twenty minutes too long and the CGI is rubbish.

Loved it.

slowpoke

If you want class comedy or acting or both it has to be Dads Army butt watch it from episode one, brilliant old character acting.

Users who are viewing this thread