Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (4 Viewers)

SBT

May December - well acted and weird. Hard for me to be objective given my borderline dangerous obsession for Natalie Portman.

Darth Robins

The Ted series is basically an irl version of Family Guy/American Dad set in the 90's. It actually works really well, If you like that sort of humour (and I do!) then it's definitely worth a watch.

CCFCSteve

Just finished Love / Hate. Great shout, think it was Clint. I’d never heard of it, not found anyone who had. Brilliant and brutal in equal measure

Started Slow horses. Like it. Not had Apple TV but got the free trial mainly for this. Also will be getting on True detective 4

Tetris - well worth a watch. Bizarre story. Also The Banker. Both on apple. Equaliser 3, you know the drill, if you like the others then you’ll like this.

Finally, stumbled across an older film which I thought I’d seen but hadn’t, 3:10 to Yuma (bale/Crowe version), really liked it.

Can tell its January !

Sbarcher

BBC just announced S2 of KIN airing soon.

chiefdave

Loudermilk on Netflix is excellent. It's a couple of years old but I'd never heard of it until it popped up in my recommendations. Not sure it ever aired here on regular TV.

clint van damme

Loudermilk on Netflix is excellent. It's a couple of years old but I'd never heard of it until it popped up in my recommendations. Not sure it ever aired here on regular TV.

Watched a couple ages ago, liked them but never went back to them for some reason.
Need to get back on it.

ovduk78

My wife decided she wanted to watch a film last night & chose Leave The World Behind on Netflix. What a load of rubbish? Over 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back and up there with Bird Box in worst films I've ever watched. Maybe I should not bother with apocalyptic psychological thrillers.

chiefdave

My wife decided she wanted to watch a film last night & chose Leave The World Behind on Netflix. What a load of rubbish? Over 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back and up there with Bird Box in worst films I've ever watched. Maybe I should not bother with apocalyptic psychological thrillers.
its so bad. nothing really happens and then the film ends and you're sat there thinking what the fuck have I just watched

Nuskyblue

Fool Me Once, another Harlan Coben adaptation on Netflix.
Don't know why I keep watching his shows as they're always so ridiculous and predictable, and I spend the whole time complaining about the plot holes, but ended up watching it all in one sitting anyway just to see how it ended. Meh
Me and the missus are watching it just now.

It's not great is it, certainly don't see why there is all the hype?! The characters are weird and unlikable for the most part. I don't get what is going on between the two cops, all of their scenes are baffling, the younger of the two is like a less palatable Hugh Grant .The dialogue is at times bizarre, it's like it has been written by an OG chat bot.

I'll still watch it to the bitter end tho 🤷

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

wingy

Just watched a v good movie on BBC 1 , Detroit race story , quite topical and for me a wider context to it with the current Israeli regime.

fernandopartridge

What a clown you are, I would never do that (honestly!).

Seriously, I did the same, I was moaning about the plot holes from about the 2nd minute but still watched the lot!
They're all the same but they are generally quite entertaining, and being a resident of the north west I find it interesting recognising the filming locations

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SBT

Everyone begging me to watch The Traitors - it’s revolutionary TV, it’s incredible drama etc etc….it’s a 12-hour long parlour game with Claudia Winkleman and an owl.

Yank

Obviously sure everyone here has already seen it, but I have been watching 'Father Ted' after a friend of mine recommended it to me and must say one of the funniest shows I have ever seen, up there with 'Seinfeld' as far as may favorites go.Father Dougal is fantastic haha.

Otis

Everyone begging me to watch The Traitors - it’s revolutionary TV, it’s incredible drama etc etc….it’s a 12-hour long parlour game with Claudia Winkleman and an owl.
Love the Traitors. We are all glued to the screen with it, all four of us.

It's brilliant. Give it a whirl.

Nick

Administrator
I watched "the kitchen"

Same thing. Shite.

chiefdave

I had a go at the first series just before this one started as everyone was going nuts about it. Didn't make it through 2 episodes

Don't get what is supposed to be so great about it

Alkhen

I thought season 5 of Fargo was Excellent. Some great performances and classic characters. Ole Munch, creepy and hilarious 👌

Terry_dactyl

Obviously sure everyone here has already seen it, but I have been watching 'Father Ted' after a friend of mine recommended it to me and must say one of the funniest shows I have ever seen, up there with 'Seinfeld' as far as may favorites go.Father Dougal is fantastic haha.
It’s the greatest ever comedy series! (IMO)

shmmeee

Isn’t it just the werewolves card game? I’ve not watched it.

AOM

Me and the missus are watching it just now.

It's not great is it, certainly don't see why there is all the hype?! The characters are weird and unlikable for the most part. I don't get what is going on between the two cops, all of their scenes are baffling, the younger of the two is like a less palatable Hugh Grant .The dialogue is at times bizarre, it's like it has been written by an OG chat bot.

I'll still watch it to the bitter end tho 🤷

Yep, this is how I felt haha. I didn't care what happened to any character, but I still wanted to see how it ends.
It feels like an Agatha Christie set in Hollyoaks

Otis

Sounds like it's built on Social Media hype.

Sounds awful.
It's our one must watch thing every week.

All I can say is we all think it's utterly brilliant. Such compelling TV (and I am not into the reality thing at all really. Only watch the Apprentice and nowt else, such as BB, IACGMOOH etc)

I actually even applied to go on it. Was going to apply again, but my health has suffered, so have now decided to refrain. My missus' daughter is going to apply though.

AOM

It's our one must watch thing every week.

All I can say is we all think it's utterly brilliant. Such compelling TV (and I am not into the reality thing at all really. Only watch the Apprentice and nowt else, such as BB, IACGMOOH etc)

I actually even applied to go on it. Was going to apply again, but my health has suffered, so have now decided to refrain. My missus' daughter is going to apply though.

I really like it too. It is a bit overdramatic and the daytime activities where everyone gets on is a bit boring, but I do find all the manipulating and how wrong the faithfuls often are fascinating.
Also glad they've not done what they do in the US and add celebrities into the mix

Users who are viewing this thread