Best midfield pairing (1 Viewer)

Grendel

This is a strange statement.

1) we all know that Hamer is a better footballer than Sheaf, I haven't seen anyone say otherwise.

2) why is it important the forum realises sooner the better. So we can boo him? So we can slate every mistake he makes? So we can boo Robins if he picks him ahead of Hamer again?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

sheaf is also a better footballer than Kelly so I don’t really get it

Evo1883

I'd like to see it bk but my pal was disgusted saying he trotted back. Tbf I don't think sheaf can sprint, certainly never seen it. He's more a plodder

I'm not disagreeing, ofcourse he's got natural ability .. this isn't where the problem for me lies though.

Evo1883

This is a strange statement.

1) we all know that Hamer is a better footballer than Sheaf, I haven't seen anyone say otherwise.

2) why is it important the forum realises sooner the better. So we can boo him? So we can slate every mistake he makes? So we can boo Robins if he picks him ahead of Hamer again?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

We have an very unbalanced opinion on this particular player , not just on here , on many various social media sites .

We've already seen it said on here he produces flashes of brilliance and that for me isn't enough .. I want a solid performer most weeks if not every week.

Yea my hamer comment was pointless tbh , I should have just left it at "hamer is a better footballer " because he is

Evo1883

sheaf is also a better footballer than Kelly so I don’t really get it

He's more naturally gifted no doubt , does he do more for the team ? There's an argument eh .

Kelly I didn't think would cut the mustard , but there's no denying he's consistent and rarely let's us down

For me you have to play him OR Sheaf, playing them both doesn't suit us

COV

The age thing will only last so long.

From a child, everybody is taught to not play suicide passes and play the way they're facing. It's basic football and he is meant to be a professional from one of the best club's in the world academies.

I'm not expecting him or any of our players to be 100% every game, but with Sheaf he's consistently fucking up and it's costing us. Why there's even a debate about this, is beyond me.

There’s a debate about it because your claim that Sheaf is consistently fucking up is false. He made a bad error today, but then people like you jump all over him as if he’s useless every match- when clearly he is not.

larry_david

Kelly drove us on second half today. One of the players to take it by the scruff of the neck. Fair fooking play

cc84cov

Kelly has done alot for Coventry City , if sheaf does half as much by the time he leaves he will have done well
When fadz was making mistakes he got nailed but as sheaf came from Arsenal some people’s pants are creamed over him,do you see him suddenly stopping the mistakes ? Near 23 ? I don’t

cc84cov

Kelly has done alot for Coventry City , if sheaf does half as much by the time he leaves he will have done well
Pointless getting into it with Grendel mate he’s all in when it comes to sheaf all over him like cheese on a Big Mac after his “Kaiser” thread

Evo1883

When fadz was making mistakes he got nailed but as sheaf came from Arsenal some people’s pants are creamed over him,do you see him suddenly stopping the mistakes ? Near 23 ? I don’t

He's still young enough to learn so ofcourse , there is most definitely a player there but I doubt its as good as half on here reckon it is

COV

I don’t think anyone gives a shit which club he came from tbh

SkyBlueZack

Part of the problem sheaf has, is that he isn’t Kelly or hamer. Similar with Walker, he gets stick because he ain’t godden, biamou in the past and gyokeres now. There different players and all offer something to the team. It’s nice to have 4 midfielders that all offer something a bit different and can play at this level, same for the strikers.

Evo1883

Hyam had I feel his worst individual game of the season today(Luton they were all shite ) he was still OK just below what he's been , more for his passing first half which tbh , got on my tits

Evo1883

Part of the problem sheaf has, is that he isn’t Kelly or hamer. Similar with Walker, he gets stick because he ain’t godden, biamou in the past and gyokeres now. There different players and all offer something to the team. It’s nice to have 4 midfielders that all offer something a bit different and can play at this level, same for the strikers.
Sheaf would look better in a midfield 3

A 433 probably

Evo1883

You mean where he gets time and isn’t pressured
Bit more of a free role a bit higher up ahead of a holding midfielder possibly where he could dictate play somewhat, he's currently playing quite a disciplined role here

cc84cov

He's still young enough to learn so ofcourse , there is most definitely a player there but I doubt its as good as half on here reckon it is
Mate few months back I said soon as Kelly is fit sheaf is toast hence why these same people who said no chance sheaf will be the one with Hamer are still fighting it 🤣

Tommo1993

Hyam had I feel his worst individual game of the season today(Luton they were all shite ) he was still OK just below what he's been , more for his passing first half which tbh , got on my tits

Think him and Dabo were constantly wrong footing each other for a while

SkyBlueZack

Sheaf would look better in a central midfield 3

Agree, he can play so would have an extra option. Did he struggle today without hamer buzzing round? Helping him progress the play. That being said, he still fucked up for the goal but they all give the ball away. His have led to mistakes in the past and now stand out more when it happens again. He’s a good player though and will hopefully reduce the mistakes he occasionally makes.

cc84cov

Bit more of a free role a bit higher up ahead of a holding midfielder possibly where he could dictate play somewhat, he's currently playing quite a disciplined role here
Yeh I can see a case for that in a 2 tho it’s Kelly and Hamer all day how do you fit him into a 3 ?

Evo1883

Yeh I can see a case for that in a 2 tho it’s Kelly and Hamer all day how do you fit him into a 3 ?

Kelly drops between hamer and sheaf .

We don't play it much at all anyway a midfield 3 so it's a bit irrelevant

We also have Allen

slowpoke

Best pairing definitely Kelly & Hamer,
Thought Sheaf did okay first half but of course dropped a bollock for their second goal, these things happen.

Great_Expectations

Horses for courses; all four have different styles and therefore bring individual attributes.

Hamer and Sheaf are the two best footballers, and both are still improving and developing. Kelly can’t be ruled out as his positioning, defensive cover and leadership are key. And Allen has proven he’s capable at this level, has high energy and is the only box to box type we have, plus is a tidy footballer to boot.

Sheaf is capable of errors, as we’ve seen too often, but he’s also capable of running games. Him and Kelly are most similar so are probably the worst two to play together.

I think we’ll see a continued rotation depending what MR wants to exploit, but I’d expect to see Kelly against all the big teams where we’re expecting to be under pressure.

Nick

Administrator
Mate few months back I said soon as Kelly is fit sheaf is toast hence why these same people who said no chance sheaf will be the one with Hamer are still fighting it
You also said he wasn't signing though?

You are pretty much wrong consistently.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

The obsessive attacks on him are odder.
He’s a young player that Robins has seen enough in to decide he’s worth developing. The boo boys strangely miss the flashes of brilliance he shows.

Couldn’t agree more. There were a handful of times he made an attacking pass today that didn’t quite come off and instantly the forks were out. Kelly can play a channel ball to no one under no pressure and no one bats an eyelid. It’s not an either or, it’s just that a section of our fanbase have decided Sheaf isn’t good and Kelly is God, and it’s weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread