Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
Often thought the parade of shops opposite the craftsman could do with a pizza place

Reactions: Otis

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
Am I the only person in the UK that absolutely can't stand bloody pizzas? They are the most over-rated crap on the market! A round slab of tasteless floury pastry with some sort of tomato ketchup spread over and topped off with salami or similar. And then these take-away have the nerve to charge a small fortune! Rip off!
Takeaway pizza is dreadful but proper pizza is superb, if difficult to find.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sick Boy

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
Takeaway pizza is dreadful but proper pizza is superb, if difficult to find.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I would say takeaway pizza is fine and proper pizza is much better, but then I absolutely love pizza. I am happy with a Goodfellas, or a Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, M&S, Asda, Tesco, whatever.

I just bloody love pizza!!!

Reactions: I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Used vouchers today, but was still £55 for the 4 of us. No starters, no desserts, 2 for 1 offer.

That means unless there was lots of drink it was £27 per pizza!

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
My two favourite foods are probably curry and pizza. Pizza from Dominos, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Express etc isn't proper pizza though.

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
Haven't had a Dominoes for ages now, went through a phase of always having them but not as fussed.

I prefer them from other pizza places, cheaper too. Failing that would just get them frozen, much cheaper and just as nice.

ajsccfc

Dec 10, 2008
I like Pizza Express. I can't really do the takeaway pizzas these days, my stomach agrees with them less and I can never sleep properly. Getting proper old with things like that now.

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
So you were ripped off by the pizzas then?
Yep. Some of their pizzas are £14 each and there's nowt to them. Would expect something a bit more special than what I had, which was just a plain pizza with garlic oil, about 6 olives and then some rocket. Couldn't even notice the cheese.

Reactions: Houchens Head

Gazolba

Jan 26, 2013
BBC says 'outside the UK'
Am I the only person in the UK that absolutely can't stand bloody pizzas? They are the most over-rated crap on the market! A round slab of tasteless floury pastry with some sort of tomato ketchup spread over and topped off with salami or similar. And then these take-away have the nerve to charge a small fortune! Rip off!
I make my own. You take a slab of puffy naan bread, spread on a thin layer of pizza sauce then top with shredded cheese (I use a pre-packaged 4-cheese Mexican blend), then top with fresh tomato slices. Microwave for 5 minutes. Better than any pizza you can buy.
Another home-made favourite is pizza on a ciabatta roll. Cut the roll in half, fry the halves upside-down in butter, add pizza sauce and shredded cheese, microwave.
Naan-pizza.jpg Ciabatta-pizza.jpg

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

Jul 13, 2011
wyken on the naze
I make my own. You take a slab of puffy naan bread, spread on a thin layer of pasta sauce then top with shredded cheese (I use a pre-packaged 4-cheese Mexican blend), then top with fresh tomato slices. Microwave for 5 minutes. Better than any pizza you can buy.
Another home-made favourite is pizza on a ciabatta roll.
View attachment 8379 View attachment 8378
Where can I buy your cookery book ;)

Reactions: Gazolba

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Yep. Some of their pizzas are £14 each and there's nowt to them. Would expect something a bit more special than what I had, which was just a plain pizza with garlic oil, about 6 olives and then some rocket. Couldn't even notice the cheese.

If they are £14 each that’s £28 for 4 pizzas on a 2 for 1 you must have overdosed on drinks and sides to spend £55!

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
If they are £14 each that’s £28 for 4 pizzas on a 2 for 1 you must have overdosed on drinks and sides to spend £55!
2 for 1 was on the main courses only, not on the total bill.

Some of the soft drinks were expensive.

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
Can't you just show him the bill, part of me is starting to wonder if Grendel is a manager at Pizza Hut
Ha!! Yep. Unlike our side orders, Grendel is giving me a good grilling.

I don't have the bill unfortunately. All I can remember was that my pizza was £14 and I think 2 of the others were more than £14. My daughter had concoction of sorts as her drink. It was quite a bit dearer than the others.

As with most things on here though, we're kind of getting away from the point.

One round of drinks (no alcohol), no starters, no desserts, 4 people, £55 after the 2 for 1 offer.

That meal most certainly wasn't worth £110!

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Ha!! Yep. Unlike our side orders, Grendel is giving me a good grilling.

I don't have the bill unfortunately. All I can remember was that my pizza was £14 and I think 2 of the others were more than £14. My daughter had concoction of sorts as her drink. It was quite a bit dearer than the others.

As with most things on here though, we're kind of getting away from the point.

One round of drinks (no alcohol), no starters, no desserts, 4 people, £55 after the 2 for 1 offer.

That meal most certainly wasn't worth £110!

I just think you’ve been over charged - I have been without an offer once and had 4 pizzas 1 side and 4 drinks and it was under £50

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
I just think you’ve been over charged - I have been without an offer once and had 4 pizzas 1 side and 4 drinks and it was under £50
It was right, we checked it. They have put their prices up.

If I remember rightly the main courses worked out as just under £30. The starters came to about £9. That's then just about £15-£16 for the drinks.

It was right, but thanks for your concern.

We made comment when we went in that the prices have gone up.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
It was right, we checked it. They have put their prices up.

If I remember rightly the main courses worked out as just under £30. The starters came to about £9. That's then just about £15-£16 for the drinks.

It was right, but thanks for your concern.

We made comment when we went in that the prices have gone up.

Sounds ridiculous I suppose I haven’t been for a couple of years.

There’s some Mediterranean place in Kenilworth that does mega Pizza (not Zizzi)

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
Sounds ridiculous I suppose I haven’t been for a couple of years.

There’s some Mediterranean place in Kenilworth that does mega Pizza (not Zizzi)
What's it called? Is it near Zizzi? I know where Zizzi is.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
What's it called? Is it near Zizzi? I know where Zizzi is.

Ego? I don’t like pizza but went once and my daughter had the biggest bloody pizza I’d ever seen?!

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
Basement Browns now officially open in Coventry.

Whoo hoo!!!!! High Street!! Think it's going to be massively popular with students.

DOia-rrW0AETl_q.jpeg

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
I get a 50% discount on pizza from dominoes as I'm employed by the NHS

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
So let me get this straight.... the NHS are encouraging you to clog up your arteries?
Yeah I thought that when I posted it but it's true discount on top of the offers they have

Half price a Nando's and discounts at Miller and carter too

Users who are viewing this thread