Bayliss etc (1 Viewer)

Otis

Another thing to remember on the academy they are now producing players for division four which is easier than when they had to go in the top league I know some have pushed onto the top end recently but not that many
Fair point. Surely it must be easier to make the step up to League Two. Stepping up to the Championship or Premier is a much more monumental task.

Last edited:

1940oldfive

My memories go back 50 odd years to a young 18 year being thrust into our third division team, Ronnie Rees, took to it like a duck to water an immediate success and why ? because he was good enough and that’s the bottom line. Baylis impressed me a lot
if my old brain serves me correctly I used to watch Rees play at a ground at Shilton where I think he was playing inside left,
I believe it was J.H. that started playing him on the wing. Those where the days,what good memories.

SBchimp

Another thing to remember on the academy they are now producing players for division four which is easier than when they had to go in the top league I know some have pushed onto the top end recently but not that many

I don’t totally agree with this, yes it’s obviously easier than producing premier league players, but the challenges of league 2 are not as easy to drop kids in to. Technically yes, physically it’s tough,
Bayliss like many is still physically developing and it’s a big ask for him and the likes of Shippers to consistently compete in this league

SlowerThanPlatt

How did he play last night? Had a look at the ratings thread and seems to be 7-8s for him? Robins also said he was outstanding. Kelly will be back in the team when hes back from injury but Bayliss has done enough to be considered our third choice midfielder I think.

It’s an interesting case and an example of how players develop at different paces. He only got offered his scholarship late (2 year contract from U17 to U18) so was never considered a top prospect and one who would make the first team at that age.

Otis

The good thing about Bayliss doing well means that Stevenson's importance to the side may well therefore be diminished and his loss might not be a loss at all.

Not much that's better than losing a player, but finding you already have a ready made replacement in the ranks.

Users who are viewing this thread