Bassala (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

Sambou scored again today... he is 18 along with Armstrong so why cant we give him a go?

rob9872

At the start of the season expectations were low. Arma may not have worked and that would have been OK, but now the risk is greater and we can't afford untried players. He could be a world beater and it doesn't seem fair, but send him out on loan and get some experience ready for next year.

stevefloyd

But wouldn't you rather bring him on as a sub in preference to Fortune or Tudgay.. I know I would and if its not working then we can send him out on loan but you never know with youthful exuberance it may just work

Nick

Administrator
Has to be worth a go. Throw him on in situations with no pressure, let him get a bit of experience.

Could also just put him on loan to a conference / league 2 club.

stupot07

I'd have thought George Thomas was above him in the pecking order. Seems to get rave reviews in the U21's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

coop

Sambou is definitely worth sticking on the bench scoring goals for fun and is a better option than MAF.

rupert_bear

Send him out on loan ? We are a third division club normally a division most clubs send loan players too, would playing a division lower benefit that much at 18 if he's good enough he's old enough

ClarkeZ

A loan spell might work but I'm not certain a lower league side is the best place for him. He might not get much in the way of quality service and could get stuck in the mud a bit.

I think we should give him a few games, let him benefit from playing with players like Cole, Fleck, Maddison etc who can spot, and more importantly, play the ball through for him. He could score a good few for us I reckon, good prospect who needs a chance.

Could use it as a shake up, play a more standard 442 and let him run alongside Arma or use him to give Arma a rest in the last half hour of games to run at tired defences.

Hobo

The trouble is put him out in a struggling team and he may look rather ordinary. The way some of our fans judge players he could be tarred with the 'shit for life' brush.

ClarkeZ

The trouble is put him out in a struggling team and he may look rather ordinary. The way some of our fans judge players he could be tarred with the 'shit for life' brush.

It's a risk. But if he scores a few and links up with Arma, Murphy well he could burst onto the scene and give us the second pacey striker we really need. Could be the next home grown favourite from the academy, 'one of our own' and all that? Albeit he's not from Coventry.

rob9872

Experience will get us over the line up we're to get out of this wretched division. We simply can't afford to waste our first ever genuine opportunity since relegation with any more gambles. I know in reality all players are gambles before someone says it, but many carry more known attributes than a young untried player at the business end of the season. He might flourish but the pressure could ruin both him and our chances. I too don't think maf or tudgay offer enough, but I have confidence that it will be addressed, most likely after the deadline when the loan window reopens.

marcus87

I used to play upfront with him before he went to city he's fast as fuck and can finish, I'd pick him over Tudgay and MAF

Last edited:

Grendel

I doubt he is better than MAF at playing wide and supporting struggling fullbacks which seems to be his main purpose most of the time.

ClarkeZ

I doubt he is better than MAF at playing wide and supporting struggling fullbacks which seems to be his main purpose most of the time.

Not sure where MAF came into this. Thats like saying hes not as good as RCC in goal. Playing wide supporting fullbacks almost certainly wouldn't be his role, surely he would be used as a pacey central striker, in the same vein as Arma.

stevefloyd

What i am saying is, I would rather see someone who has potential play that may grab a goal or 2 than someone who comes on and is unlikely to score like Maf or Tudgay.. i would think if i was a defender ahhh i can rest a little now because those 2 are unlikely to score

Londonccfcfan

From afar he has all the physical attributes to be a top top striker, Big and strong for someone just turned 18.

May be way too early for him in the first team , but would love to see him on the bench and come on as a sub to see what the lad the can do.

Potentially a diamond here. Lets keep on looking after this one.

Gazolba

<snip> why cant we give him a go?

We missed a golden chance to give him a go in the last game. When we were 3-0 down we had nothing to lose. Instead we sat an unused Fortune on the bench. But they were probably saving him for the Youth Cup game.

stevefloyd

We missed a golden chance to give him a go in the last game. When we were 3-0 down we had nothing to lose. Instead we sat an unused Fortune on the bench. But they were probably saving him for the Youth Cup game.

Thought Fortune was too old for youth football ;)

Brylowes

The lad deserves a go, and so does G.Thomas.

Tudgay's had a knock and MAF is, well, terrible. Let the yoofs at 'em.
You say that but TM obviously doesn't think so & he sees them in training all the time. If he thought either one of them was ready, he would surely pick them no.

stevefloyd

Maybe or just maybe because he brought MAF to the club he sort of owes him a little... just thinking out loud

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd have thought George Thomas was above him in the pecking order. Seems to get rave reviews in the U21's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I reckon Thomas and Sambou should both be ahead of Tudgay and Fortune at the moment for a place on the bench, not that they are proven better players but the latter two are giving us nothing at the moment.

Gazolba

You say that but TM obviously doesn't think so & he sees them in training all the time. If he thought either one of them was ready, he would surely pick them no.

Pele was 17 when he scored a hat-trick in a World Cup semi-final and two goals in the final. TM would probably have left him home thinking he was 'one for the future'. If you are good enough, you are ready. Of course Sambou isn't Pele, but he is a year older and bigger and stronger than Pele was back then.

fernandopartridge

I reckon Thomas and Sambou should both be ahead of Tudgay and Fortune at the moment for a place on the bench, not that they are proven better players but the latter two are giving us nothing at the moment.
Rather unfair on Tudgay but agree on MAF

Brylowes

Pele was 17 when he scored a hat-trick in a World Cup semi-final and two goals in the final. TM would probably have left him home thinking he was 'one for the future'. If you are good enough, you are ready. Of course Sambou isn't Pele, but he is a year older and bigger and stronger than Pele was back then.
I totally agree with the sentiment. But TM and co are with them week in week out in training if he could see they were good enough I'm sure he would pick them. After all this is the man who put all his goal-scoring eggs in the basket of one unproven 18 year old

Johhny Blue

I would love to see him tried out. The biggest fear is that if he didn't bag a hat trick in his first twenty or so minutes that some of the regulars on here would start hate threads and shatter the kid's confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread