Barnsley Ratings (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

Murphy 6 - Didn't have that much to do in all, good save from Perkins in the second half and claimed some crosses well. Could have done a lot better for the goal.

Christie 6 - Got forward well but often wasted some good positions by making the wrong choice. Unlucky not to score before Leon got the winner though.

Willis 6 - Naive at times in the first half which let him down, at fault for the first goal and nearly at fault for a second just before half time. Good second half.

Webster 7 - I don't understand the criticism of Webster at all, in all the games I've seen this season (admittedly not that many) he's been solid. Good performance today.

Adams 8 - Phenomenal second half and much more of an attacking threat than Christie, or whoever was playing left sided midfield. Did well defensively too.

Baker 6 - Typical Baker performance, awful first half, gave the ball away a lot and played some shocking passes but when it matter he produced and played a great ball into Moussa for the equaliser.

Fleck 8 - Everything we do goes through him, so calm on the ball and controls the midfield. Such a classy player but do wish he'd push forward a bit more as he was for the last 15 as we looked a lot more dangerous with him joining the attack.

Daniels 7 - Thought he was awful first half, contributed nothing but he came out a completely different player second half. Stopped depending on Fleck and backwards passing and actually played with some attacking intent and some bite.

Moussa 7 - Much better when he came inside, looked isolated on the wing. Took his goal really well.

Clarke 7 - Fantastic finish and excellent second half, looks more and more like the complete striker for this level the more I see him.

Slager 5 - Slightly disappointing debut, certainly has pace about him but was lacking in first touch and control. Won't judge him yet though of course.

Subs

Barton 6 - Changed the game without actually playing that well. His introduction enabled much better performances from Fleck, Daniels, Adams, Christie, Baker and Moussa due to the change in formation. Probably the best I've seen him in a while though.

I'd agree with almost all of it. I'd give Barton a 7.5 cus of the impact he had on the game, Daniels a 6, he didn't impress me today. Slager's work ethic was great but he just lacked the final product

pusbccfc

Baker was shit till he moved more central and he was superb, his passing was class.

harvey098

Daniels work rate and attitude is superb.

Agree with pusbccfc re baker - second half he was immense and made a crucial last ditch tackle in the box which needed to be inch perfect, and was.

rob9872

Bit harsh on Christie I thought. Was excellent imo. Others not too far away.

exhallskyblue

think some of your rating are a bit high as i thought christie was poor tbh, gave the ball away too much. Lack of movement and creativity in the team in the first 70, but how that changed for the last 20.

skybluejelly

First hour we were poor due to a combination of inept refereeing and them closing us down quickly not allowing our passing game,I was glad I was quite high in the stands otherwise I would have had a bad neck the ball was in the air that often..final 30 minutes with Barton coming on we changed shape and they noticeably tired.. Allowing us more space and back to our usual selves.. We suddenly found confidence and they panicked .. Great end to the match and you can forget all about the first hour..

And as for Leon getting a card after being told to go back on by the fourth official that was ludicrous ..

stupot07

Having seen the replay it looks as though the score ran past christie from the left wing, and he failed to track him so probably more at fault than Willis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

will am i

Having seen the replay it looks as though the score ran past christie from the left wing, and he failed to track him so probably more at fault than Willis.
if you are going to comment on games its best if you are there. The scorer ran from the right wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

I'm only allowed to comment on games I attend? There scorer ran from their left wing, it was their left winger, hence why i said came off the left wing and running past our right back.

Users who are viewing this thread