Baker, Clarke & Murphy Told To Go (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I worry that If it is true (and happens), we wil either replace them with players who've not had a pre season (ala Freddy Eastwood) and will need a season to get ready, or we'll play kids instead, most of which who would struggle with playing 90 minutes every game!

We seen yesterday with Willis, who pulled up twice with cramp before being replaced.

He looked decent in pre season, but the pace is different in competitive games

T

true sky blue

mathematically - math

mathematics - maths

abbreviations can be misunderstood now and then

but i said math in relation to one particular sum of percentage that i communicated wrongly. that is a singular mathematically incorrect sum hence the abbreviation - Math

Buster

they wont do that. the club is not for sale., though if it was it would sit fine with me as long as it was not to another hedge fund
If Sisu have looked at the situation ,considered their position and come to the conclusion that
a. ACL can survive without ccfc
b. Very few people will go to Sixfields
c. Ccfc continue to give Tim ,joy and SISU bad press
d. Through shining a light on the football league they put pressure on SISU
e. Very little likelihood of sisu Brandon returning costs , let alone turn a profit!
They just may talk. PUSB

stupot07

I worry that If it is true (and happens), we wil either replace them with players who've not had a pre season (ala Freddy Eastwood) and will need a season to get ready, or we'll play kids instead, most of which who would struggle with playing 90 minutes every game!

We seen yesterday with Willis, who pulled up twice with cramp before being replaced.

He looked decent in pre season, but the pace is different in competitive games

True....the one silver lining is the wage bill and structure does need to be addressed.

I think that's one of the positives at Swansea when the fans took over, costs were already low, and you can build from there.

Delboycov

He also didn't say "yes it's true but the wages are way off the mark..."

True although I do think he was addressing the main question that the article raised which was whether he'd been asked to go and not the details in it. Fair play to him for doing that as it's more communication about what's going on than we're getting from our esteemed owners. If he's asked the question about wages directly and fails to answer then I may view things differently.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think it's more case of 'we can't afford you'.

It's an absolute joke, how could they offer those wages in the first place?

They must have had them in the Championship and clearly no relegation clause was inserted to drop them in League 1. We would however be able to afford them if we weren't fecking groundsharing...

Wigan sky blue is correct, he's a grammar nazi with very odd sense of what is important but he's correct all the same.

Math - maths both are short for mathematics, I personally feel math sounds better than maths in the context you used it but it is an Americanism.

:eek: Please, not a Nazi - just hate Americanisms creeping into the English language. Anyway, gone off topic, the important thing in this thread is the fact it seems that SISU have spitefully moved to off-load 3 players who might have just staved off what now seems an inevitable relegation. Ah well, will still be attending away games in the North but as for home games, never, ever at Northampton or at any other venue outside of my home city.

tehspecialone

Facebook User
Has this got a proper source yet? Or just the Daily Mail?

KeresleySBA

How can owners of a club create such an us and them mentatlity. Fans despise them, players dont like them, pressley must be about ready to jack it in. Without these ingredients they own nothing. Time to f*ck off sisu.

Not one foot in Northampton.

shmmeee

Call me crazy, but I think this is the death throes of Sisu. It shows no inclination to make us competitive in a season where we're -10 points already and at the highest point FFP-wise that we will be for at least the next three years (if not five). Go down this season and we'll drop off the map in the next couple of years, where's Tim's "business cycle" then?

I think it's half spite and half getting as much cash/cutting losses with maybe a little bit of "see this is what happens if you don't come to Sixfields, it's all the fans' fault" on the side.

My mate text on Friday saying it was Christie,Baker and Clarke to go. Also mentioned Pressley. I thought Friday was as low as we could go but I think we've got a long way to go yet!

Nonleagueherewecome

And also when we replace them with the cut-price alternative trial freebie whoever, add some Italian razzmatazz and unveil them like Napoli did with Inler.

football-lion_1944028i.jpg

This actually happened.

Maaaan, Dulieu has aged terribly...bloke on the left doesn't look too good, either.

Nick

Administrator
Just had to clear this thread up a bit, fed up of bickering like bitches. Either meet up and have a scrap or shut up.

Nonleagueherewecome

£8000 a WEEK !!! what? for league 1

you have to be off your head to think that is ok, they simply are not good enough for that type of money. honestly Murphy at times is good, but seriosly? better than any other legaue 1 keeper? not really. same goes for the other two. they just dont justify the wage. let them go, lets cut the kids teeth in this league and let them learn hard good football - forget old heads, we need to start from fresh with a young squad full of energy and spirit in this league. we can build on it if we ever get promoted. i say well done Otium you need to get rid of the high earners and make the players deserve the highest wage packs.

one last thing, £8000 a week is 6 times the average wage of a nurse. the difference being a nurse cares

Leicester shelled out a lot more than that in L1.

Chipfat

The shock for me is why anyone is surprised, all the players would have an idea that this would be coming and from what i was told and posted weeks ago most if not all were told before training started... This situation will get worse and fans will along with certain parties will be blamed for selling the higher earners. Fans should stick together not divide as all surely want the same ends, to support a club and to start enjoying Saturdays again.

Nonleagueherewecome

Doesn't make it right. Leicester are also making annual losses of over £15m....again it doesn't mean it's right.

It was a post directed at a Leicester fan, didn't require your Devil Advocatism's this time ;)

Nonleagueherewecome

KeresleySBA

Get back to the ricoh and voila a couple of mill is generated to pay these wages. Theyre meant to be businessmen.

Free country but anyone who goes to sixfields is not only turning their back on their fellow fan (loyal old folks, disabled, kids) but also dragging out the destruction and doing further damage to the future of this club we all love.

ccfclinney

That's it we are done! Relegation for sure now! Our 3 best players by a long way! Can't see where any goals will come from

mattylad

just to add Baker is the only one of the 3 i would not want to leave, but saying that he is an awful capatain, he simply doesnt do enough at the back. i think they need to get rid to save money and that is completely understandable under the circumstances, why does every have these knee jerk reactions at the moment., calm down dears
Another quiet day in fester land

hamil99

Facebook User
Has anyone asked them on Twitter? Sorry, living in Gibraltar and hav minimum internet so havent had time to trall through this thread if my questions been answered... Also I dont Twitter.

The Penguin

The Coventry 1883 page on Facebook is saying that baker has signed for Ipswich. Anyone heard that?

They seem to be the only ones saying it at this point.

That of course does not mean it is not true, simply that it is unsubstantiated by any news sites, or official club sites at this point.

Wouldn't surprise me though.

Users who are viewing this thread