Backroom staff have to go (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

It's no good looking for scapegoats and scalps. Being a caretaker manager must be the worst job in football, basically he can only pick the team and try and motivate players worried about their futures. Caretaker managers can't recruit, has to try and motivate players who probably ain't good enough or have been brought in to supplement a certain system of play, normally stuck with the same issues that got the previous manager the sack and with half an eye on the main job can't say a lot when interviewed.
I do agree however that whoever gets the job should be free to bring his own staff in. Tim Fisher should of thought of this in the summer before employing assistants and coaches with what he knew was a dodgy manager.

When I play football I don't get paid and I want to win every game. I give my all just to win or just to score a goal. Football is fun at any level, winning is a bonus as long as you have played to the best of your ability. Why cant this lot do it?

italiahorse

Like I have said in a previous thread, it is time for new backroom staff... Yes the current staff we have there have been loyal servants, but the players need a new direction, new motivation, new training regimes. It isn't just a new manager who can make all this happen.

I'm quite happy with the backroom staff as long as the new manager comes in an insists on doing it his way. They do as they are told and train the players to do what he wants. I bet fergy is in his office most the time but on the field Manu play as he wants them to.

AFCCOVENTRY

Tonight confirms yet again the players don't even respect our backroom staff or the backroom staff are not good enough.

Sick Boy

What do we have in the way of back room staff? Standard tea lady, kit man, physio, few coaches. Should we have a fitness coach? A coach for the strikers? Sholud we look into hiring a sports phychologist as our players appear to have forgotton or developed a fear of winning a game? Boost their confidence? Working on team bonding as they forget who they are playing with constantly giving the ball to the opposition?

We do have a fitness coach, not that it seems to have changed anything.

TheUKGryphon

If this the result of Joy Seppalla's hands on approach. I'd rather she put her hands in her pockets

Users who are viewing this thread