Average attendances (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Its an interesting table, and shows how fans of some clubs may play impacts on the teams, 12th man and all, also shows our crowds are top notch

slowpoke

Must be wrong, no way massive club Birmiingham are averaging 4k less than us!
Birmingham have always been a strange club support wise Villa have always had a high regular support yet Blues same City their support is up and down
I’ve been on St Andrews when they played high flying Leeds with over 55000 there played well and Leeds luckily equalised in the last minute, yet two weeks later they played us a local derby we took about 5k and there were less than 25000, they had a good side too with Trevor Francis and Bob Latchford.

DannyThomas_1981

It's impressive to be honest. Most of those clubs above have been in the Prem in more recent times.
And then factor in the fall in our support over the last 10 years after playing away in both Northampton and Birmingham. To get those missing fans back so quickly shows the potential of our support.
The atmosphere and the support at the Ricoh has been great since our return - and our away support must be the loudest in the division.
I remember gates of 8,000 in the early 80s at HR for top flight games - never would have imagined 20,000 in the Champ if you'd asked me back then.

slowpoke

But does our owner see it ? as you say our regular home support is around 17000 that’s a massive increase from St Andrews and could increase to over 20k I reckon, but will that reflect in our budget allowance.

TomRad85

Must be wrong, no way massive club Birmiingham are averaging 4k less than us!
Very strange breed. Worked with a few many years ago when they were on the rise and we were on the decline. The way they spoke you'd think they were Real Madrid size but reality is where they sit right now is probably about right.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Very strange breed. Worked with a few many years ago when they were on the rise and we were on the decline. The way they spoke you'd think they were Real Madrid size but reality is where they sit right now is probably about right.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Always said they're about the same size as us (and a dozen other clubs), I've no idea where they get their delusions of grandeur from.

SkyBlueMatt

Season ticket sales this season were very good. Around 11500 in the end?

Since there hasn't been much of an increase hopefully we'll have a very high renewal rate and actually beat last year's numbers. With how well we have done this year plus the atmosphere people would have experience in the ground.

Hopefully we can increase our base rate of home fans next year which currently is around 15000 - 16000.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

KenilworthSkyBlue

How do Bournemouth pay the players wages with the size of their gates

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Predominantly their owner, along with parachute payments and through player sales.

The latter two will probably only get far as coming down from the PL they still owed £80m in transfer instalments from previous player purchases. Equally, during their last PL campaign they lost £60m pre-tax. I don't think their most recent set of accounts have been released but I expect it to be eye-watering in terms of losses.

It's pretty much why they went overkill in the January window as if they failed at achieving promotion this season their situation next season would've been pretty bleak, especially with their parachute payments being reduced to £15m.

pusbccfc

SlowerThanPlatt

We do get alot of away fans at the ricoh on average , we could do with a few more coventrians getting onboard really , it's a bloody big city

It's better than it was though I suppose several years ago

Yes we must be the most most visited away ground outside the Premier League

Paxman II

It's just nice to see the CBS with way more fans in attendance! Seeing the ends open has been a long time coming. More money for the club and increased atmosphere at home to help us on to the playoffs...:)

13th_choice_seamer

Just checked this after getting home - I'd had a feeling Derby would be high on the list but the fact that they're 3rd despite all the off-field misery is a real tribute to the strength of the support in their city. Fair play to their fans, hope they stay up (and in business) for the sake of the 99% of of their fans who aren't wankers.

Peter Billing Eyes

Just checked this after getting home - I'd had a feeling Derby would be high on the list but the fact that they're 3rd despite all the off-field misery is a real tribute to the strength of the support in their city. Fair play to their fans, hope they stay up (and in business) for the sake of the 99% of of their fans who aren't wankers.
It’s not just the City of Derby, though. Being a county team anchors greater support locally, too. The same applies to Leicester - people from Loughborough still consider themselves ‘Leicester‘ by virtue of living in the county of Leicester. By comparison, Coventry’s support may not be that widespread as the city boundaries are tightly knit and it’s not a guarantee that all Warwickshire folk are committed to Coventry.
That‘s not to say the support we have from Warwickshire towns isn’t great, it’s just not a given as Coventry isn‘t a hub for a large conurbation in the same way that Derby, Leicester and Nottingham are.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

It’s not just the City of Derby, though. Being a county team anchors greater support locally, too. The same applies to Leicester - people from Loughborough still consider themselves ‘Leicester‘ by virtue of living in the county of Leicester. By comparison, Coventry’s support may not be that widespread as the city boundaries are tightly knit and it’s not a guarantee that all Warwickshire folk are committed to Coventry.
That‘s not to say the support we have from Warwickshire towns isn’t great, it’s just not a given as Coventry isn‘t a hub for a large conurbation in the same way that Derby, Leicester and Nottingham are.
Good point, It's quite a big area when you incorporate all those towns like Ilkeston, Ripley etc.

I live in Derbyshire mind and they're not supported up this end apart from my wife's long passed grandad (12 miles from the value of Manchester).

pusbccfc

Derby have had a season or two in the PL since moving to Pride Park. Same with the other clubs who have moved to new stadiums.

Coventry City on the other hand haven't, fell to the lowest level and left the stadium twice.

I suspect Derby will still get crowds of 15-20k in League 1.

fernandopartridge

Derby have had a season or two in the PL since moving to Pride Park. Same with the other clubs who have moved to new stadiums.

Coventry City on the other hand haven't, fell to the lowest level and left the stadium twice.

I suspect Derby will still get crowds of 15-20k in League 1.

They were in the Prem the first 5 seasons or so there tbf.

Users who are viewing this thread