Atmosphere (5 Viewers)

hamertime

It’s the truth. He’s simply lucky he bought us just before we went on a brilliant run of form & made the playoff final, sending Hamer’s and Gyokeres’ price tags rocketing. Since then, he’s reinvested a paltry 25% of transfer income, he’s raised ticket prices, is forcing fans to pay for a statue etc etc.

We’d be in exactly the same position if SISU were still in charge. I think this worship of King is embarrassing and completely misplaced. Everything we have now is solely because of one man: Robins.
😂😂😂😂😂😂
You sound like a jealous Joe Elliott

bigfatronssba

pusbccfc

Why? Genuine question. What’s he done?

In the 18 months since they've left.

Crowds have gone from an average for 18,000 to 25,500.

We've sold out 28,000+ in 4 matches. Under SISU we managed that in a league match 2x since 2009 which includes a match where tickets were handed out for free and a match against Leeds in 2011.

We've got home fans in 4 stands at the stadium for the first time.

Training ground has been developed for the first time in 50 years (besides when one our fans paid for fucking changing rooms to be build a few years back).

Record season ticket holders.

An FA Cup semi final for the second time in our history.

Two club shops. Both stocked for once.

Could continue but it's just a fluke apparently.

pusbccfc

Nothing to do with Doug. That’s what happens when you have a good couple of seasons, which is all down to Robins.

See above

Not true - we had home fans in all 4 stands early briefly when we were last in the Championship. I used to sit in the South Stand.

Ok, so Doug has laid some new grass down. Unbelievable.

Nothing to do with Doug - all he’s done is raise prices.

Nothing to do with Doug.

?? Couldn’t care less. If you’re above the age of 12 and wearing/using anything bought from the club shot you need a hard drive check pronto.

When we were last in the Championship we averaged 15,000. We've had fans behind the goal very briefly in 2006/07 when our average was about 21,000.

The club shop is for kids and before they couldn't even buy a fucking fridge magnet.

Sky Blue Pete

We've sold out 28,000+ in 4 matches. Under SISU we managed that in a league match 2x since 2009 which includes a match where tickets were handed out for free and a match against Leeds in 2011.

Training ground has been developed for the first time in 50 years (besides when one our fans paid for fucking changing rooms to be build a few years back).

For me it’s the recruitment and direct proactive planning

John Clarke is a proven operator
He was fuming at having so many empty seats early on in the season and we moved things around
The club are listening and changing things not just on the pitch but off it too
This starts at the top and for all the brilliant work of robins and adi and boddy getting the fans on side Doug King has taken that on a step
I know we’ve not spent more than we received but I don’t think anyone expected us to spend more than £1m on one player in the summer let alone spending £7m+ on one player
That was pretty brave
I’m not quite sure that the Wembley semi final achievement has hit many of us yet
It’s a massive statement and for one day puts our club on a worldwide stage where potential investors players coaches managers football fans will once again know that coventry has a football team with an identity and a history and most importantly a future which when I stopped going when our home games were in Northampton and when i met members of the trust and arranged discussions with mark off here with loads of others it really was not certain if we’d be a Phoenix or a dodo

CCFCSteve

….and fixed that window at training ground 😊

Would ignore Porky he’s just a WUM or burner account for Dawkins or GIMOC

King gave Robins and Adi 4 year contracts. All players signed on longer term deals which gives us more security/value. No doubt he squeezed far more value out of hamer and Vik than SISU ever would and spent a lot more of the cash. There’s other stuff but he won’t listen.

Basically he’s running the club professionally which it hadn’t been for years

Ps still hate the song though, should only be sung if we’re 4-0 up or at the end…ideally after ive gone

pusbccfc

….and fixed that window at training ground 😊

Would ignore Porky he’s just a WUM or burner account for Dawkins or GIMOC

King gave Robins and Adi 4 year contracts. All players signed on longer term deals which gives us more security/value. No doubt he squeezed far more value out of hamer and Vik than SISU ever would and spent a lot more of the cash. There’s other stuff but he won’t listen.

Basically he’s running the club professionally which it hadn’t been for years

Ps still hate the song though, should only be sung if we’re 4-0 up or at the end…ideally after ive gone

Yeah, that's the main point. It's being run professionally. Because of that, the other things start to improve.

pusbccfc

Our average was lower because we were shite and never had a sniff of success. If we were genuinely pushing for playoffs like the last few seasons the attendances would be just as good as they are now. It’s nothing to do with Doug

It's part of the wider package. Our crowds at the start of this season when we were lingering in the bottom half were still higher than anything SISU managed.

You're right that crowds would be good under any owner but SISU had 15 years to do that and didn't come close.

skyblue_55

The noise yesterday was one that will long be remembered & hopefully, helped our players through to the finish .
I personally still think that the Leicester game is my favourite, given their large numbers given by the club , 1 - 0 down, but what a comeback !
CTID

Badge72

Few more to add…

Fan Village

Community engagements

Buses from the towns

Experimenting with improving the experience, some good some not so

David O'Day

Nothing to do with Doug. That’s what happens when you have a good couple of seasons, which is all down to Robins.

See above

Not true - we had home fans in all 4 stands early briefly when we were last in the Championship. I used to sit in the South Stand.

Ok, so Doug has laid some new grass down. Unbelievable.

Nothing to do with Doug - all he’s done is raise prices.

Nothing to do with Doug.

?? Couldn’t care less. If you’re above the age of 12 and wearing/using anything bought from the club shot you need a hard drive check pronto.
You wear a sky blue shell suit

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That’s because we sold so many season tickets off the back of a brilliant season last season, to which Doug had no hand in. Do you honestly think after 10 years of mid-table mediocrity we’d be averaging 25k+ just because we have Doug King as owner?

As for the Doug King chant, I actually retch every time I hear it. Unbelievably embarrassing. Apart from Leicester (understandably so), is there any other team in the country that sings an arse-licking song about their owner?
We know nothing about Doug King really and yet he's idolised by some. Anyone after SISU was going to be an improvement .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Indeed. The bar really wasn’t set very high though. 😁
Absolutely nothing against Doug King at all. He's spoken to the media, he's been at matches and he's just engaged much more than SISU ever did. Just like any owner probably should. This far in to his ownership I think it's way to early to start chanting his name .
Success on the pitch is down to Robins and his backroom staff.

As for the atmosphere goes that was probably the best I've experienced at the CBS. Leicester was good but this was something else. Singers corner should be proud of themselves.. They got the whole stadium going.

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

There seems to be a bit of collective amnesia on here that plenty thought SISU weren't that bad once we were back in the Championship

bigfatronssba

I've always stood by the view of we could have had Osama Bin Laden take us over after SISU and he would have been lauded

He was a rich Saudi with little prior knowledge of English football.

Most Premier League fans are begging for an owner like that.

bigfatronssba

There seems to be a bit of collective amnesia on here that plenty thought SISU weren't that bad once we were back in the Championship

Boddy & Robins helped them understand how they were going wrong in their final few years. I think people are letting that cloud their memories

hamertime

Why? Genuine question. What’s he done?
Got ridiculous amounts for Hamer and Vik.
Sorted the away allocation out.
Completely overhauled the food and beverage & matchday Experience.
Got rid of stupidly cheap boxes.
Negotiated a long term rent deal.
Built relationships with everyone the club deals with.
Spent record transfer fees.
Sold record season tickets.
Presided over a record home attendance at the cbs.
Built a new club shop and filled it with quality goods like we’ve never had.
Built new training pitches and overhauled training facilities.
Ensured the club is debt free and not paying silly interest.
Built a new pitch at the stadium ensuring the suspended points deduction from the rugby debacle were not enforced.

Last edited:

HerneBayGaz

Built a new pitch at the stadium ensuring the suspended points deduction from the rugby debacle were not enforced.

But apart from all that what has he actually achieved 🤣

bigfatronssba

Brought back our exclusivity over the arena playing surface

Users who are viewing this thread