Armstrong's attitude (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this yet but I feel like Armstrong really needs to be commended for his fantastic attitude on social media and in interviews after the games. So often before have we had loan players come into the squad who've acted as if their time here was more important to them personally than to us as a team and it's really encouraging to see how fully committed a player of Armstrong's quality is, and how he isn't letting the fact that he's come from a big club effect how he treats playing for us.

Examples of what I'm talking about are like when AA accepted his Player of the Month award and made a big point to mention how he wouldn't have been able to win it without his team-mates, and even smaller things like simply watching our game on Sunday and wishing the team good luck before kick-off. Not something your Chuba Akpoms etc. ever really did.

It's not just Armstrong tbf, Murphy also seems to have a very good attitude, which I believe really is a key factor in a successful loan spell. Mowbray himself has noted how important our strong team spirit has been in our great start and long may it continue.

covcity4life

spot on pal and a fantastic observation

he clearly wants to be a part of newcastle but that does not stop him being commited to coventry city. hes always mentioning us in tweets and as you say he seems to get on with all the other players

also another good point of his attitude is summed up with his "hatrick next week" response to his double vs wigan and millwall

fancy him to get back on the scoresheet on saturday too.

murphy being here for a whole year is also probably a good reason that he too seems to be conducting himself a ccfc player. hes even changed his twitter bio to reflect this!

bringbackrattles

spot on pal and a fantastic observation

he clearly wants to be a part of newcastle but that does not stop him being commited to coventry city. hes always mentioning us in tweets and as you say he seems to get on with all the other players

also another good point of his attitude is summed up with his "hatrick next week" response to his double vs wigan and millwall

fancy him to get back on the scoresheet on saturday too.

murphy being here for a whole year is also probably a good reason that he too seems to be conducting himself a ccfc player. hes even changed his twitter bio to reflect this!
I tweeted Murphy saying welcome to our club etc,and he tweeted back saying thanks. Refreshing attitude !

skybluedan

I once tweeted Lilly Allen asking for a pair of her pants , didn't get a reply from her but did the police

st john

To get back on to the subject, Adam was quoted as saying this when he received the award.
“Hopefully it won’t be the only success we can achieve together this season.”

Sounds positive, I know it won't be his decision alone whether he stays the whole season but he will have some input.

hill83

He was ok mate just apologies for me not getting any Lilly's knickers really but hoped his pants would be ok instead

I'd think twice before you take this any further.

Edit: just realised that's not sting. I regret this post with every breath I take.

Last edited:
H

Huckerby

I tweeted Murphy saying welcome to our club etc,and he tweeted back saying thanks. Refreshing attitude !
Yeh I tweeted him saying excited to see what you can do, just lay odd the snapchats lol , and he favourited that ha

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hobo

Armstrong does seem to have a professional and positive attitude. What also helps is Armstrong, Morris and Murphy know each other from the England set up, so should have a bond and a knowledge of each other's style of play already.

You often hear players say the atmosphere in the dressing room is great and you wonder how true that is. But at Coventry it does seem good at the moment. A good measure is when a team scores and see how they react...you can't feign genuine joy and passion.

kg82

He's also got his his family coming to games and chatting to cov fans on-line. I like that, even though you know he loves Newcastle, it's a it of commitment to cov. Like someone said earlier; chuba akpom, take note

covcity4life

dont get how hes some sort of evil being thats all. maybe arsenal put it in place that he must also play for arsenal youth team?

kg82

dont get how hes some sort of evil being thats all. maybe arsenal put it in place that he must also play for arsenal youth team?

I'm not saying he's evil! But he wasn't exactly a success! You saw him play, right? He didn't exactly look like he was giving his all. Armstrong, for me, is head and shoulders above him and has the right attitude to be successful (then again, I said this about Richie Partridge)!

covcity4life

no doubting that. just not sure if it was anything to do with chubas attitude or not.

and i dont think i saw him play actually lol. maybe a sub appearence

Users who are viewing this thread