ARGENTINA v HOLLAND (1 Viewer)

wingy

Going to be an Anti - Climax after last nights extravaganza ,Isn't It??

bringbackrattles

I've got the Argies to sneak it 1-0 in the Prediction League and as I'm in third position in the table,a correct score could put me in a runners up spot I think.Can't believe I've been better at predicting the results in this World Cup than I do in our league !

wingy

I've got the Argies to sneak it 1-0 in the Prediction League and as I'm in third position in the table,a correct score could put me in a runners up spot I think.Can't believe I've been better at predicting the results in this World Cup than I do in our league !

I reckon you're about right there BBR,you could be moving up a place or two.

I have to say prior to this Footy fest I didn't think I'd give a hoot ,but It has definitely rekindled my passion.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think Holland will take this 2-1. Robben and Van Persie to score.

Houchens Head

Are Holland using their new striker? Hertz Van Rental? :thinking about:

bringbackrattles

I reckon you're about right there BBR,you could be moving up a place or two.

I have to say prior to this Footy fest I didn't think I'd give a hoot ,but It has definitely rekindled my passion.
I sat gobsmacked and open mouthed watching Brazil being taken apart last night.I had the Germans down to win 2-1 but never ever thought they'd get 7 ! Makes being an England fan not so bad after all, as I felt sorry for the Brazilian fans to be honest,but not their players as they were a disgrace.

wingy

I sat gobsmacked and open mouthed watching Brazil being taken apart last night.I had the Germans down to win 2-1 but never ever thought they'd get 7 ! Makes being an England fan not so bad after all, as I felt sorry for the Brazilian fans to be honest,but not their players as they were a disgrace.

They're So Fluid ,seem to hunt In a tight pack ,4-5 all In close proximity around and In the box ,yet still seem to get width.

bringbackrattles

They're So Fluid ,seem to hunt In a tight pack ,4-5 all In close proximity around and In the box ,yet still seem to get width.
You have to hand it to the Germans they can play tedious stuff and grind out a win,then without warning they can play on the offensive and rip defences apart. I know Brazil were poor but no team will stop them now as they have their tails up and so full of confidence.

SlowerThanPlatt

Should hopefully be a good game, reckon Messi will play well but it won't be enough. Holland will pick Argentina off on the counter and win the game 2-1.

Johnnythespider

4-2 Holland. Sits back and waits to get egg on face. Also think they will beat Germany Sunday.

Otis

You have to hand it to the Germans they can play tedious stuff and grind out a win,then without warning they can play on the offensive and rip defences apart. I know Brazil were poor but no team will stop them now as they have their tails up and so full of confidence.

You may live to regret that statement. :D

I can't call tonight, but if Holland win I think the trophy is Germany's. I think if Argentina get though they will beat the Germans on Sunday.

rob9872

Hopefully Netherlands win this. I wanted a brazil v Argentina final but now Germany are there a final v the Dutch would add that extra bit of spice and make the third place game worth watching.

Otis

Hopefully Netherlands win this. I wanted a brazil v Argentina final but now Germany are there a final v the Dutch would add that extra bit of spice and make the third place game worth watching.

They would be kicking lumps out of each other. Almost guaranteed sending off too. Think Argentina for Brazil would be the only possible path of redemption for them.

bringbackrattles

You may live to regret that statement. :D

I can't call tonight, but if Holland win I think the trophy is Germany's. I think if Argentina get though they will beat the Germans on Sunday.
You may be right Otis but think my bet is safe this time. I detest Robben but like the Dutch side and fancy Argentina to edge through tonight.

Houchens Head

My prediction for tonight:-
18th minute: Messi scores but is disallowed for offside.
35th minute: Lavezzi scores for Argentina (1-0)
62nd minute: Sneijder gets taken out in the box by Mascherano, Van Persie steps up and scores a penalty. (1-1)
75th minute: A dog runs on the pitch and stops the game.
76th minute: A streaker runs on to the pitch to try and catch the dog.
77th minute: Game restarts
89th minute: Robben makes a break from the half way line and scores with a 30 yard pile-driver! (2-1)
93rd minute: Full time.

Don't bother watching the game. This is how it will pan out. Trust me. I've got a couple of grand on with a Malaysian betting ring! :pimp:

Otis

Think Argentina will do it, but have no idea how the game will pan out. Got a feeling that Robben will be kept a lot quieter tonight, but who knows.

Feel if it ends up being a Messi / Robben battle then Messi will win through.

bringbackrattles

Think Argentina will do it, but have no idea how the game will pan out. Got a feeling that Robben will be kept a lot quieter tonight, but who knows.

Feel if it ends up being a Messi / Robben battle then Messi will win through.
I hope the referee gets a grip on Robben if he starts his antics,give him a red card even if he does. reckon it will be close though.I need a 1-0 Argentina win to get runner up in the prediction league !

Covstu

still a hard one to call this one. I have money on Argies from the start so my wallet is backing them however it would be good to see the dutch and the germans battle it out in the final

turlykerd

still a hard one to call this one. I have money on Argies from the start so my wallet is backing them however it would be good to see the dutch and the germans battle it out in the final
yeah, dutch v germans would be very spicy

i remember frank rijkaard spitting in rudy vollers face years ago

mark82

Most boring game of this world cup. Neither team want to go out and win it, both just trying not to lose. Man Utd got a real treat to look forward to it seems.

That said, really hope the Dutch win.

Users who are viewing this thread