Anything decent going on in and around cov for Father's Day? (1 Viewer)

Covstu

got the usual question of what do you want to do tomorrow? With 2 young kids it is clearly more about what we can do with them!

Any ideas?

olderskyblue

Been to Leamington peace festival today. Nice event, bands on, various stalls, food etc..lots of kids enjoying themselves. Balloon maker etc (sure I saw PWKH in the queue....)

It's on again tomorrow from 11 ish I think.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Now then SBT Family I would probably say that over the years I've posted on this site that in my opinion I've all ways come across as polite decent and pretty much easy going
And probably fairly candid
Well for my wife's ( Mother's Day) I gave her the choice of what she wanted to do
Basically I did what she told me to do

Thursday I got in from work and the good lady told me I was going out with her parents my parents and my wife and daughter for a meal
Which on one hand is great because my daughter is 12 and had the
Opportunity to be with both granddads on Father's Day bearing in mind I never really knew my grandparents as they Passed away when I was young so I never really knew them, so u make sure she embraces the fact she had all 4 to be with, and to be honest all 4 worship her

I just feel a bit aggrieved that my plan on popping in to see all families till about 4 then getting out for a few pints and a bit of something to eat just the 3 of us has been hijacked

Now then I've not told the wife his I feel coz I'm abit unsure if I'm being out of order

I suppose In one respect I and my wife are lucky to have
Both sets of parents and our daughter is lucky to have both sets of grandparents around

Maybe I should stop being a selfish twat

It's great to have the odd rant
Who wants a pint

olderskyblue

Now then SBT Family I would probably say that over the years I've posted on this site that in my opinion I've all ways come across as polite decent and pretty much easy going
And probably fairly candid
Well for my wife's ( Mother's Day) I gave her the choice of what she wanted to do
Basically I did what she told me to do

Thursday I got in from work and the good lady told me I was going out with her parents my parents and my wife and daughter for a meal
Which on one hand is great because my daughter is 12 and had the
Opportunity to be with both granddads on Father's Day bearing in mind I never really knew my grandparents as they Passed away when I was young so I never really knew them, so u make sure she embraces the fact she had all 4 to be with, and to be honest all 4 worship her

I just feel a bit aggrieved that my plan on popping in to see all families till about 4 then getting out for a few pints and a bit of something to eat just the 3 of us has been hijacked

Now then I've not told the wife his I feel coz I'm abit unsure if I'm being out of order

I suppose In one respect I and my wife are lucky to have
Both sets of parents and our daughter is lucky to have both sets of grandparents around

Maybe I should stop being a selfish twat

It's great to have the odd rant
Who wants a pint

My old man died when I was in my teens, so my advice?

Relish every chance you have on days like tomorrow to see them both, let your old fella know how much you care about him. I wish I could have had lots more years than I did to do those things.

Otis

Been to Leamington peace festival today. Nice event, bands on, various stalls, food etc..lots of kids enjoying themselves. Balloon maker etc (sure I saw PWKH in the queue....)

It's on again tomorrow from 11 ish I think.
Been a few times myself. It's usually very good.

Unfortunately I have a dad who is 85, a puppy who is 12 weeks old and a car that is too small, so won't be going anywhere at all today.

As a side note, a lot of my family went to Carter's Steak House last night and they all absolutely loved it.

Must give it a whirl.

Pipehitterz

Did gay pride with 2 of mine yesterday , not much there to see or do imo , but today in Longford park there is a cycling show .
Stunts etc from 11-3 all Free

Pipehitterz

Been a few times myself. It's usually very good.

Unfortunately I have a dad who is 85, a puppy who is 12 weeks old and a car that is too small, so won't be going anywhere at all today.

As a side note, a lot of my family went to Carter's Steak House last night and they all absolutely loved it.

Must give it a whirl.
Did millers add Carter's a few weeks back and it's up there with on 5 Best dining experiences in my life.
Recommended it to my 70's ish parents and they also stated the same.

Otis

Did millers add Carter's a few weeks back and it's up there with on 5 Best dining experiences in my life.
Recommended it to my 70's ish parents and they also stated the same.
Brilliant! Cheers. 10 of them went last night and they all loved it!

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread