Anne (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Really enjoyed the series, anyone else watched it?

It was before I was born, so interesting to hear/see the post tragedy insights as I've only seen the Christopher Eccleston drama and the newspaper "stories".

clint van damme

No, but it's on my to watch list, but id imagine it's a hard watch and trying to keep my entertainment on the lighter side for a bit to ease myself into the new year.

oscillatewildly

Just watched the documentary that largely featured her and her campaigning.
I was at Oakwell on the day of the disaster (B'ham City the visitors, a week before they kicked it off at Selhurst Park in a variety of fancy dress garb) So weird the chain of events that occurred without knowing what exactly had happened 10 miles away.
The sudden feverish response from the St Johns ambulance personnel in the ground who had (I now know) a call out to attend as they were in the vicinity.
The confused and conflicting first hand reports from supporters with hand held transistor radios (Yes younger readers, people really did take radios to the match to catch up on the other scores) "There's been a stand collapsed at Hillsborough". "Game's been abandoned cos there's fighting on the pitch".
Even at the end of the 1980's, in the absence of mobile phones and the internet we were largely kept in the dark as to the details of Britain's worst footballing disaster happening just 10 miles away.

Users who are viewing this thread