Anne Lucas (1 Viewer)

quinn1971

Think we already know the answer but Anne Lucas will be on the politics show today ( BBC 1 11 am ) being asked " when will ccfc be coming home" probably best to record it, don't fancy sitting through that crap for a quick comment at the end.

torchomatic

I'm working but will record it. Don't forget to play "moving on" bingo.

Lord_Nampil

Trouble is Ann Lucas is just the face, the brains lie with the people that write the statements she reads..... Be interested to see how she answers questions!!

Noggin

I don't really have much interest in what the council say now, there is nothing they can do to fix this, it's completely down to sisu.

Lorksalordy

I don't really have much interest in what the council say now, there is nothing they can do to fix this, it's completely down to sisu.
Agree completely which is why it looks so bleak. We are reliant on them doing something in the interest of the club and fans so are banjaxed.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
:laugh: although she's not talking about us at the minute, she just said "as council leader I have a duty of care to the people of Coventry".

If only she did care, we might see more than idle words in the form of statements after statement around the big Coventry issue

valiant15

:laugh: although she's not talking about us at the minute, she just said "as council leader I have a duty of care to the people of Coventry".

If only she did care, we might see more than idle words in the form of statements after statement around the big Coventry issue

What more do you want the council to do? They don't own the football club. They can't force sisu to bring the club home.

D

Deleted member 4439

Restated that the Ricoh complex is not for freehold sale, full stop, and that as such SISU aren't interested. This opening position was followed by a 2min discussion with another studio guest on whether councils should own such capital, to which the reply appeared to be 'yes'. Both are still on now, talking about other stuff. I'm assuming they have covered the 'discussion' on the Ricoh.

Warwickhunt

Restated that the Ricoh complex is not for freehold sale, full stop, and that as such SISU aren't interested. This opening position was followed by a 2min discussion with another studio guest on whether councils should own such capital, to which the reply appeared to be 'yes'. Both are still on now, talking about other stuff. I'm assuming they have covered the 'discussion' on the Ricoh.
Staged managed questions! What crock of shit they need fucking Paxman asking the questions talking about real council issues such as why they are cutting services which is causing untold damage to the community . They hide behind issues like the arena saying its a community assert what utter shite ask your neighbour who has got a disabled child if they care about the so called community asset such as the arena

thaiskyblue

Staged managed questions! What crock of shit they need fucking Paxman asking the questions talking about real council issues such as why they are cutting services which is causing untold damage to the community . They hide behind issues like the arena saying its a community assert what utter shite ask your neighbour who has got a disabled child if they care about the so called community asset such as the arena
What's that got to do with a football team ?

grego_gee

I heard it, a curious response from AL when asked in summing up if she could solve the problem AL said "It doesn't look as though its going to be sold very quickly! no!"
She seemed quite lucid, but her response was interesting because it was a response to an open question (how would the Ricoh problem be solved) - It could be said that her answer implied that the solution would be that the Ricoh would be eventually be sold - but not quickly.

Sutty

Why is the football club not considered a 'community asset' like the Ricoh? Surely it's nothing if not a community asset?

torchomatic

Nothing. However, it is annoying when on one hand, services (and vital ones) are being cut to the bone due to smaller settlements from central government, and on the other you have a massive piece of real estate that is being underutilised, whether through the fault of the council or not.

Yes, we are closing youth centres, care homes, etc but look we have a great empty football stadium to make you proud. I know I'm simplifying things there and it's not as straightforward as that.

What's that got to do with a football team ?

thaiskyblue

Nothing. However, it is annoying when on one hand, services (and vital ones) are being cut to the bone due to smaller settlements from central government, and on the other you have a massive piece of real estate that is being underutilised, whether through the fault of the council or not.

Yes, we are closing youth centres, care homes, etc but look we have a great empty football stadium to make you proud. I know I'm simplifying things there and it's not as straightforward as that.
yes that's true enough.

skyblusam

Surely if the stadiums for sale or not should be decided by the people of coventry as we are the ones that rearly own it as were the taxpayers who paid for it and continue to do so.

The Gentleman

Should that question not be aimed at central government? I am sure that the smug little man that is George Osborne will better answer that rather than Anne Lucas.

torchomatic

torchomatic

I hate him as much as anyone, but it's still down to the local council to cut they services THEY decide. The settlement is lower so local government has to decide where the cloth is cut.

Should that question not be aimed at central government? I am sure that the smug little man that is George Osborne will better answer that rather than Anne Lucas.

Longford

I heard it, a curious response from AL when asked in summing up if she could solve the problem AL said "It doesn't look as though its going to be sold very quickly! no!"
She seemed quite lucid, but her response was interesting because it was a response to an open question (how would the Ricoh problem be solved) - It could be said that her answer implied that the solution would be that the Ricoh would be eventually be sold - but not quickly.

I think the word "sold" was a slip of the tongue. I think she meant to say "solved". Either way she was very clumsy.

The Gentleman

I hate him as much as anyone, but it's still down to the local council to cut they services THEY decide. The settlement is lower so local government has to decide where the cloth is cut.

Without turning this into a political debate, if the cuts were not so severe from central government (and they didn't need to be), then the cuts at local level would not need to be as severe. Everyone knows that cuts were needed but for some on here (not you) to compare the Ricoh with disabled children is wrong.

torchomatic

True. But they are. I work in local government so I know what this is doing to local services/jobs, etc.

Without turning this into a political debate, if the cuts were not so severe from central government (and they didn't need to be), then the cuts at local level would not need to be as severe.

percy

Why is the football club not considered a 'community asset' like the Ricoh? Surely it's nothing if not a community asset?

exactly. its the fact that a local team plays there every other week bringing thousands of people from near and far into the area that makes it a community asset.

J

Jack Griffin

I didn't see it, but these 2 tweets say unfettered freehold, which dose not rule out freehold but means any new freeholder has to honour the existing lease & contracts.

BBC C&W Sport ‏@BBCcovsport 1h

Cllr Lucas also tells @sunpoliticsmids that she does not think that the issues re the football club & the Ricoh Arena will be solved soon.
Expand

BBC C&W Sport ‏@BBCcovsport 1h

Cllr Ann Lucas tells @sunpoliticsmids that "unfettered freehold ownership" of the Ricoh Arena "is not for sale".

chiefdave

I didn't see it, but these 2 tweets say unfettered freehold, which dose not rule out freehold but means any new freeholder has to honour the existing lease & contracts.

She definitely said the unfettered freehold was not for sale. Didn't specifically say the freehold was for sale with the existing lease in place but by specifically saying unfettered wasn't for sale implies it is but as we all know owning the freehold is not beneficial from a CCFC point of view.

D

Deleted member 4439

She definitely said the unfettered freehold was not for sale. Didn't specifically say the freehold was for sale with the existing lease in place but by specifically saying unfettered wasn't for sale implies it is but as we all know owning the freehold is not beneficial from a CCFC point of view.

Which is a significant modifier- I stand corrected.

torchomatic

That's the problem though, isn't it? She "implies", she "probably" means this or that. It was the same after the council meeting. Everything is still as clear as mud.

letsallsingtogether

Why are they cutting services fuck me if you don't know the answer to that we are all fucked.

Every Council in the country are having to cut services and jobs.

But people see what they want to see.

So they sell the Ricoh for 5 million pounds what service will that save for 6 months.

Then what next?

Users who are viewing this thread