Allsopp (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Andy Turners article yesterday for the CET says;

"Allsop can hold his head high upon Bournemouth return

In the last game of his loan spell Ryan Allsop can count himself very unlucky to concede three goals after pulling off a brilliant double save in the first half.

He was left exposed in that final ten minute collapse, Gillingham’s equaliser a rebound finish after he had made another excellent stop."

Haven't seen anything official yet but wonder if he is heading back.

Would people like to see him stay? I wouldn't be disappointed either way.

Think he's come back a better keeper than his earlier shows, but still has a lot to learn.

skybluepm2

Very strange that the decision hasn't been made public knowledge. Even a club run as poorly as ours would have a decent replacement lined up if indeed he is returning to Bournemouth.

Since returning to the fold after Burge's inexcusable sending off, he has looked far more assured and put in a number of decent performances. He certainly isn't the main problem that needs rectifying in the starting XI. God forbid Burge ever pulls the shirt on again. Woeful goalkeeper. Again Pressley lavished praise on him as if he were the equivalent to Chris Kirkland at his age.

Lord_Nampil

think hes a decent keeper learning his trade, but when you have a team low on confidence with the implode button about to be touched, hes probably not what we need at this moment in time! Think we need a keeper who has experienced the lows as well as the highs, remember Allsop played in a winning team for most of his career, before he came here!

malkitccfc

Was doing some twitter stalking recently (yes, I know I need a life) and saw his mrs tweeting about house shopping in Bournemouth and how she couldnt wait to be back down south with him at the end of Jan so my guess is hes going back

westofrayne

We need an experienced keeper, one who's bench warming at the moment, sent Surge out on loan to get experience, then we can judge him when he is back. But who would come here to play behind Webster?

malkitccfc

Heard rumours that Scunthorpe are trying to get Joe Murphy in on loan after their keeper and sub keeper broke their arms yesterday. Mark Robins is their manager so he might go but i'd love to see him back here.

The Lurker

One of his best games yesterday I thought. Doesn't matter who the keeper is. The back 4 and midfield needs to up its game firstly.

torchomatic

Well, she needn't get too excited. He ain't gonna be Bournemouth's number one, is he? He'll be farmed out again.

Was doing some twitter stalking recently (yes, I know I need a life) and saw his mrs tweeting about house shopping in Bournemouth and how she couldnt wait to be back down south with him at the end of Jan so my guess is hes going back

Sky Blue Harry H

His loan extension will count as another of the 6 signings this window as the other loan extensions have.

Yes - I'm starting to get cynical about that too! Slightly off topic, just seen Bill Daniels winner for Notts County. Great strike - he's got to have more goals in him than Fleck and Thomas combined ( albeit that isn't difficult!). Will be even more worried if SP doesn't address centre midfield for goals/creativity in this transfer window, If he doesn't then I will have lost any confidence in him as being able to analyse our team's problems.

Hobo

Allsopp scared the life out of me when he first arrived because he was so indecisive. Whether it was a confidence thing or just the lack game time I don't know? However he seems to be one of the few in the squad who has made some progress this season.

still not convinced about signing him permanently but I wouldn't object to an extension of the loan to see how he progresses from here.

chiefdave

He's certainly improved massively since being out of the side for a period. I wouldn't mind holding onto him for the rest of the season, there's other areas of the team of more immediate concern. If he's going we defiantly need to get a keeper in, don't think we can rely on Burge.

ccfcway

reads like it was the players decision....

Ryan Allsop has brought an end to his six-month spell at Coventry City , returning to Bournemouth in a bid to fight for a new contract with the Cherries.

The 22-year-old goalkeeper, often maligned by the fans, had been waiting to learn his fate from Sky Blues boss Steven Pressley who has been continually assessing the man who joined the club as part of the Callum Wilson deal.

But although the Brummie had played his way back into favour after being dropped in October, City have been linked with other keepers, primarily Sheffield Wednesday’s Chris Kirkland, and it became increasingly likely that he’d leave after his final game of his loan deal at the weekend.

Following Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Gillingham , Pressley was keeping tight-lipped about the situation until he had spoken to the player.

But Allsop, speaking shortly after and before he’d had chance to discuss it with the manager, said: “I think it has been good for me to play games at Coventry, to help me progress.

“Obviously I am still a young goalkeeper and still learning the game but at the same time I think I need to go back to Bournemouth and try to progress there.

“They are doing really well at the moment and I think I need to get in under the manager’s nose there and try to show him what I can do. I am out of contract in the summer so I’ve got six months left to show him how I have progressed.

“I spoke to Steve Ogrizovic and numerous people to get their advice about what’s the best thing for me to do. It’s been a tough decision and I haven’t made it lightly, but I think it’s the best thing for me at this moment in time.”

Asked if he knew what Pressley’s thoughts are on his future, he said: “No I am not sure. Even if he said he wanted me to stay I would have to speak to a few more people, but at the moment the advice I have had is to try to earn a new deal at Bournemouth.”

Allsop faces competition from the experienced Lee Camp and veteran Pole Artur Boruc, who is on loan from Southampton until the end of the season, at the Goldsands Stadium, admitting: “There are two ahead of me but I feel I’ve progressed.

“I've really enjoyed my time and learned a lot off Oggy and I can’t speak highly enough of him and Lee Burge.”

Asked about social media claims that Pressley is facing dissent in the dressing room, he insisted: “Everyone is fully behind the manager. There’s a good dressing room and I thank him for trusting me and giving me that chance.”

chiefdave

How do we get so close to the date of his return without SP even having a chat with him about if he would like him to stay or not?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Sounds like another player who SP didn't get in with

"Even if he said he wanted me to stay........"

He really does seem to alienate players doesn't he!

Good luck in your future career Ryan, although for atleast the next 6 months I suspect you will be bench warming unless someone tries to sign you up!

Woodster

This worries me, if we're relying on Burge to be our number 1 for the remainder of the season then I feel it significantly increases our chances of going down.

SkyBlueSid

Why should we worry? Dave Beasant has been on the bench at Stevenage at the age of 55.

How old is Oggy.....57, I reckon. What could possibly go wrong?

covhead1

Simply glad he has gone

I agree, I think he's a pretty poor goalie who only gave glimpses of being half descent.
Mind you, under even only a reasonably competent manager he'd probably turn out to be pretty good.

duffer

I'm not convinced that Allsop was a great keeper, but I really don't like the sound of how Pressley handled this. Surely as the manager you'd at least have a chat with the lad to explain what was happening - that seems like common courtesy to me.

I do wonder about SP's man-management skills sometimes - the various incarnations of the bomb-squad, the Worcester melt-down, the fall-out with Reda, the 'row' with Madine, and now this. It doesn't come across as a happy camp to me.

Captain Dart

I agree, I think he's a pretty poor goalie who only gave glimpses of being half descent.
Mind you, under even only a reasonably competent manager he'd probably turn out to be pretty good.

I think maybe a lot of people are missing the fact that he is only 22, that is young for a goalie, he has potential to improve.
Having said that I think it is worth finding out the average age of first choice league 1 goalies.. to see how Allsopp compares.

CovLis86

Do we still have that young lad we recalled from Nuneaton? Sounds like he was performing better than if you had both Allsop and Burge in at the same time. Maybe worth trying him out in a game?

Captain Dart

Do we still have that young lad we recalled from Nuneaton? Sounds like he was performing better than if you had both Allsop and Burge in at the same time. Maybe worth trying him out in a game?

Great idea, bring in a goalie currently playing for a club rooted to the bottom of the conference.. :facepalm:

ecky

I think maybe a lot of people are missing the fact that he is only 22, that is young for a goalie, he has potential to improve.
Having said that I think it is worth finding out the average age of first choice league 1 goalies.. to see how Allsopp compares.

Everyone plays better once they leave cov...

CovLis86

Great idea, bring in a goalie currently playing for a club rooted to the bottom of the conference.. :facepalm:

Their position is irrelevant. Hes been praised near every match report for his performances. We could have De Gea in goal at the moment and would still be fighting relegation.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

We do still have him. Forget the reason why couldn't go back to Borough after we recalled him (based on the Ben Arfa reason for not being able to re sign for a new club after he played for Hull and an under 21 squad it could be that). But sure he can still play for his parent club (after all it was our under 21 team he has played for.

Wouldn't fancy going through half a season relying in just them two though. Not the way our defence play. Wouldn't inspire confidence in either of them knowing Webster might be in front of them

J

Jack Griffin

We do still have him. Forget the reason why couldn't go back to Borough after we recalled him (based on the Ben Arfa reason for not being able to re sign for a new club after he played for Hull and an under 21 squad it could be that). But sure he can still play for his parent club (after all it was our under 21 team he has played for.

Wouldn't fancy going through half a season relying in just them two though. Not the way our defence play. Wouldn't inspire confidence in either of them knowing Webster might be in front of them

Time to get someone a bit more experienced with a wise head.. where is that old boy Murphy? Oh yeah..

Users who are viewing this thread