All time average attendance (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

FDRA9A9X0AMVDOs.jpeg

Now I remember back in 2007 we actually sat 17th in this table above Norwich Ipswich forest and Derby and also above Leicester.

We have a couple of things to consider with coventry city .

1. No top flight until 1967
2. Groundshares dramatically lowered attendances
3. slow downward trend from 2001 until 2017 ( with the exception of 2 seasons )

Not bad really is it

I'd also say this is somewhere close to our natural level in terms of size and stature

Every single team above us in this table have spent longer in the top flight barring possibly Ipswich

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Ground shares will have drastically knocked the average down.

the rumpo kid

Winning the premier League F.A. cup and having and having pretty much European football since winning the prem , would give fester a bit of a boost.

Could you imagine our gates if we had done what they have?

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Winning the premier League F.A. cup and having and having pretty much European football since winning the prem , would give fester a bit of a boost.

Could you imagine our gates if we had done what they have?
If we had it wouln’t be more than theirs at the moment as our ground holds the same as theirs i think

COV

View attachment 22540

Now I remember back in 2007 we actually sat 17th in this table above Norwich Ipswich forest and Derby and also above Leicester.

Not bad really is it

I'd also say this is somewhere close to our natural level in terms of size and stature

Every single team above us in this table have spent longer in the top flight barring possibly Ipswich

I love this stuff 😂

I’d say in terms of potential there’s a spot in the lower Prem with our name all over it.. that will take time though

Sick Boy

I love this stuff 😂

I’d say in terms of potential there’s a spot in the lower Prem with our name all over it.. that will take time though
There are probably another 15 clubs who’d say the same thing, we’ve not been there for 20 years now.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Anyone able to work out our average if we exclude the Northampton & St Andrews years?

Its only two years isn’t it? Not sure how many years are included in “all time”, but likely what? 100? Would likely only add a couple of hundred to the average at most.

COV

Its only two years isn’t it? Not sure how many years are included in “all time”, but likely what? 100? Would likely only add a couple of hundred to the average at most.

The Sisu years in general are what dragged it down

Flying Fokker

View attachment 22540

Not bad really is it

I thought that but over our history I guess it may be several hundred. There were some pretty low crowds in the early 80's as well. Not in the same league as taking your team away from the fans but another reason for the stats.

Flying Fokker

Bad times. Terrible owners.

Coventry City | Home Attendances | 2013-2014 | Football Web Pages Carlisle United 1603 attended.

The figures for Birmingham season one are worse than I thought.

I'll stop at this. Circuits are frazzled... Coventry City attendance figures hit record low - CoventryLive (coventrytelegraph.net)

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Does anyone know how Ipswich Town continually get very good support despite under achieving for years ? They currently average a smidge under 20,000 at home in league 1. The town has a population of around 140,000. People will say they are the only team for miles around and therefore there isn't the competition that we have around us in the Midlands but given Coventry's population it doesn't add up.
Does anyone know what Ipswich town have done over the years to continue to attract such an impressive fan base ?

letsallsingtogether

Does anyone know how Ipswich Town continually get very good support despite under achieving for years ? They currently average a smidge under 20,000 at home in league 1. The town has a population of around 140,000. People will say they are the only team for miles around and therefore there isn't the competition that we have around us in the Midlands but given Coventry's population it doesn't add up.
Does anyone know what Ipswich town have done over the years to continue to attract such an impressive fan base ?
you need to look at the make up of the population as well.
Coventry is much bigger but how many are actually from Cov also there are many groups that do not attend football.
My father was from easten Europe and was only one of a handful that went up the City out of hundreds here.
This rubs off on future generations who sadly dont attend either.

fernandopartridge

They're the only team in the county of Suffolk aren't they? They are pretty successful really having won the league, the FA cup and the UEFA cup. I'd say a bigger club than CCFC.

COV

History & heritage

COV

They're the only team in the county of Suffolk aren't they? They are pretty successful really having won the league, the FA cup and the UEFA cup. I'd say a bigger club than CCFC.

Arguable either way really I’d say. In terms of success they most definitely are, support wise though down the years we’ve got a case, bearing in mind what was happening on the pitch down the years. They’ve got pedigree in terms of success that we can’t match and probably never will.

Evo1883

Coventry not being in the top flight until 1967 is a massive part of ours being 17k , had we had top flight football 3 or 4 decades earlier we'd be amongst the wolves and blues too

Blues spent 57 years in the top flight

Wolves 66 years

Over 20 and 30 years more than us

West brom 81 years in the top flight

Reactions: COV

COV

Coventry not being in the top flight until 1967 is a massive part of ours being 17k , had we had top flight football 3 or 4 decades earlier we'd be amongst the wolves and blues too

Blues spent 57 years in the top flight

Wolves 66 years

Over 20 and 30 years more than us

West brom 81 years in the top flight

Had it not been for the war Harry Storer would have taken us up 30 yrs before we actually made it, and who knows what would have happened. His cov side was drawing 25k for matches and that would only have grown.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

A bigger club than us to be fair. I agree with you to some extent about the demographic, but given Coventry has a population of around 200,000 more, plus areas such as Leamington/Rugby/Nuneaton to consider I think than is more than enough to call on to give Cov a far bigger fan base than Ipswich.
I just wonder whether the owners of Ipswich have, over the years, had a good relationship with their supporters . I don't know enough about that.

Users who are viewing this thread