Transfer Rumour Alex Mowatt (1 Viewer)

alexccfc99

Rumour I’ve heard/seen knocking about, nothing concrete before you all shoot me down just thought it was worth a thread

no_loyalty

Rumour I’ve heard/seen knocking about, nothing concrete before you all shoot me down just thought it was worth a thread
Not done much since leaving Barnsley, he didn’t look the best when he has played against us for Albion and Boro. I wouldn’t be surprised if his old boss tries to tempt him to Watford.

fatso

Decent player tbf, but at 28 there's little chance of making any money off him further down the line, so unless it's on a free transfer, he doesn't exactly fit our usual profile.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Funny enough, after playing last night I was talking to a mate who's a Baggies fan who used to work for them, and who's opinion I would hold in high regard. This was prior to me seeing this thread. He was asking about our window and vice versa. He said their window was really odd and they were selling loads of players they shouldn't be. Mowatt was one of the ones he said he wouldn't want to sell. He said there was definitely a really good player in there but because Baggies have largely been a mess it hasn't necessarily worked out. Later that night he linked me a tweet linking us with him but it was from one of those CoventryCityRumour accounts so almost definitely bullshit.

rexo87

With Mowatt, he was brilliant in that ultra aggressive, high energy Barnsley team from 2020-21. Is it a case that since then he's gone into slower tempo, possession based sides which is not really his game? One of those cute little diagram things of what he's good at could help

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

JulianDarbyFTW

With Mowatt, he was brilliant in that ultra aggressive, high energy Barnsley team from 2020-21. Is it a case that since then he's gone into slower tempo, possession based sides which is not really his game? One of those cute little diagram things of what he's good at could help

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Given that we want to be a possession based side this season, that might be a concern.

TomRad85

It's not an exciting young European but not against having someone with a bit of experience in the squad, depending on price of course.

SleepyGinger

I’d of thought he’d be free or very cheap considering he’s not really in their plans and they are having to cut their wage bill

SeaSeeEffCee

I’d be happy with Mowatt. Think we need a bit of experience in midfield that isn’t just Kelly. Would be a good signing, imo. He’s been part of sides that have been in or around the play-offs for the past 3 years.

Tea & Busquets

To help understand their situation a bit.

“The Chinese owners do not invest much in the squad comparative to their wealth since the country u-turned on its policies towards football a couple years ago. They also overpaid massively for the club when it was in the PL and would recoup very little were they to sell it now. Combine this with questionable decisions on the footballing side of things, and you have a club thats quite poorly run at the moment.”

AFCCOVENTRY

I would have him here. Boro fans likes him last season for their play off push. Experienced player to have in the ranks.

Saddlebrains

I dont get this signing

The Gus Replacement is apparently coming from abroad (yes I know, had a mare recently)

So if this happens we have

Gus Replacement
Mowatt
Ayari
Sheaf
Eccles
Allen
Kelly
Howley

That can all play CM

Unless

A) im being lied too again