Alex McLeish leaves Birmingham (1 Viewer)

crowsnest

Kings has only signed a pre contract agreement - he probably thinks that doesn't count and can sign for villa (he's not very good on english law)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
what is going on in the 2nd city .......... not that i am crying over it. Birmingham seem in turmoil ..... hardly a team likely to mount a serious challenge as it stands
- lost the 4 loan players
- 10 players out of contract
- other teams looking to buy Johnson, Dann and Jerome
- owners apparently looking to limit the transfer pot

or is it that MK has turned up there :p:whistle:

resigned by email apparently which seems a little cowardly

Is good to see the turmoil at another club for a change especially a local rival

Paxman II

King has only got a pre-contract agreement in place you are right in that assumption.
This could be a game changer for Marlon King.
Oh boy how many would enjoy that when it turns out he was Mc.Leish's pick and they refuse to follow through now??!!!!!

Marty

King has only got a pre-contract agreement in place you are right in that assumption.
Oh boy how many would enjoy that when it turns out he was Mc.Leish's pick and they refuse to follow through now??!!!!!

if that happens i would love it if we refused to even speak to him, then hopefully nobody else would take a punt on him after seeing what hes like in this past week.

I would cry manly joyous tears for days if that happened

SkyBlue_Bear83

This would be class
But could this feasibly happen now? Them not following through with the deal?

smileycov

Facebook User
Now this would be a dilema, do we cut our nose off to spite our face? i personnaly would still happily take MK back.

Clutching at straws though, would be interesting to see if it was the board stalling on him after all, and see what they did.

Sky_Blue_Vickie

All over the press at the time. Not sure why but is his contract with City till July 1st?

I had been thinking how had he signed for them before 1st July but that makes sense that.

Would be hilarious if that happened. Suppose it depends who wanted MK. Did McLeish want him and in which case might be in trouble, if it was higher than McLeish and he didn't want him and so that is one of reasons why he has resigned then it will make no difference - although nothing to say that new manager will actually want / play him.

Funny to see we are not the only club with issues. :claping hands:

dutchman

Quit Brum for the Villa

From Mercia's website:

Acting chairman Peter Pannu has said he received an e-mail resignation from McLeish earlier today while away on business in Amsterdam.

Pannu has also exclusively told Mercia Head of Sport Tom Ross that he does not give Alex McLeish permission to talk to any club as he is still a Birmingham City Football Club contracted staff member. Pannu also says he is speaking to his legal team.

Il Pirata

McLeish wanted 6 defenders this summer. Yeung came back with Marlon King. McLeish "I said 6 defenders, not sex offenders"

SkyBlue_Bear83

Lol at the Birmingham board accusing McLiesh of betrayal, it is not nice to be on the receiving is it?

I hope what ever manager comes in lets King rot in the reserves and then he gets a long term injury for good measure:laugh:

dutchman

A statement released by Villa on Tuesday Evening said: ‘The Club understands that Alex McLeish is a free agent. We therefore intend to interview him imminently in order to make a decision regarding his candidacy to become Villa manager.

A statement released by Birmingham City on Tuesday Evening said: ““The situation regarding Alex McLeish is now in the hands of lawyers. It’s not appropriate to disclose anything further at this moment in time and we will update supporters with the progress as soon as we can”

Both quotes from Mercia Sound's website.

Could anything be funnier than a public slanging match between Brumagem and the Villa?

Paxman II

BBC said earlier they were decisions he was very unhappy about recently and many other problems that made him consider his job untenable.

Well well, one of those I must assume to be the signing of King. Can't have been a McLeish signing as he was already considering his position surely? he had just released Philips who in this league may have returned as many as King could? So maybe the straw that broke the camels back? The fans are in uproar about it (as we were last year) and McLeish would have been saddled with that moral standard against his own interest maybe?

Arh well precontracted king just might see him with no club at all!

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think the transfer that probably broke the camels back was more likely that Johnson & Dann are likely to be sold..... but like you say it could have involved "he who shall remain nameless"

Do find it slightly irritating that Pannu gets his knickers in a twist about McLeish being tapped up when they blatantly were involved in tapping up one of our players who was still under contract

Disorganised1

Permission to laugh out loud and whoop ridiculously, sir ?

Users who are viewing this thread