ACL start admin proceedings (1 Viewer)

Gray

i hope the council know what they are doing Coventry City FC is a lot of peoples lively hood and a lot of peoples life

hill83

Wankers. I know most of what's gone on. But even so. Wankers

Edit: now I've read it, I retract the 'wankers'!

Second edit: The ACL put across a good point re Sisu's threat of liquidation. When is all this going to end.

Last edited:

sky blue john

Ive just checked as long as its done before the 28th the minus 10 points will put us on 47 which is currently 15 points clear of relegation.
With our home form we were unlikely to make the play offs.

sky blue john

You would have to think that ACL's lawyers must have thought there was the possibility of Sisu liquidating the club to have taken this action.
Or my other thought is ACL have got in first so the courts appoint an administrator if Sisu had done it then they may have been able to choose the administrator ?

ccfclinney

back fired on fisher a bit hasn't it... he kept saying liquidation was a serious risk.. least the council have now moved to stop liquidation.
i guess thats one bonus.

cloughie

I bet SP is well impressed

well he was given assurances by the owners and wouldn't have come here if there was a problem, oh hang on a minute I just wonder if they say one thing and do another?

have they ever done that before?

Grendel

Well you have all got what you wanted you must be so proud. You all worship the council and its quango.

This will not be filed until May so its minus 10 points next season. that is if we can find anyone as stupid as SISU to take us on.

My belief is this is the end of the football club but for most "supporters" this is trivial. We need to worship the ACL temple it is all that matters.

ccfclinney

Hmmm just thought this through a little..

Do you think sisu will now pay what they owe, surely the last thing they want is administration? these are people that strive on turning businesses that are in/near admin to better managed companys?
Will they really want that £45m branded about to be lost?

Be intresting to see how this plans out.

Bluegloucester

You would have to think that ACL's lawyers must have thought there was the possibility of Sisu liquidating the club to have taken this action.
Or my other thought is ACL have got in first so the courts appoint an administrator if Sisu had done it then they may have been able to choose the administrator ?

Correct on both counts

Grendel

Ive just checked as long as its done before the 28th the minus 10 points will put us on 47 which is currently 15 points clear of relegation.
With our home form we were unlikely to make the play offs.

You actually sound excited.

You disgust me.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Well you have all got what you wanted you must be so proud. You all worship the council and its quango.

This will not be filed until May so its minus 10 points next season. that is if we can find anyone as stupid as SISU to take us on.

My belief is this is the end of the football club but for most "supporters" this is trivial. We need to worship the ACL temple it is all that matters.

Some people did try to point out that this was the probable outcome of SISU's inept "negotiating" tactics - but as I recall you were applauding TF's stance.

SBT

Grow up. From the moment SISU decided to play chicken with the rent strike, this was inevitable. I want the rent negotiated down as much as anyone, but the brinkmanship has unfortunately backfired in a big way, and everyone saw it coming.

hill83

Grow up. From the moment SISU decided to play chicken with the rent strike, this was inevitable. I want the rent negotiated down as much as anyone, but the brinkmanship has unfortunately backfired in a big way, and everyone saw it coming.

This. I've been on Sisu's side for most of this, and I'm not necessarily against them now, but that is one compelling argument from ACL.

All I want is a viable club to support. If this stops the threat of liquidation, the worst of the two evils, I'm in.
Lets get this shit sorted and get back to football.

Last edited:

procdoc

Surely by lowering the rent, ACL are admitting they have overcharged us? Also havent we also been overcharged business rates since we moved in?
So why didn't sisu attempt to resolve this when they took over? Why did they wait until relegation? Sisu agreed to pay that much in rent in the first place

Macca

From a decent poster who I respect this is sulky playground nonsense

Grendel

Some people did try to point out that this was the probable outcome of SISU's inept "negotiating" tactics - but as I recall you were applauding TF's stance.

It is a stance hull Doncaster and Ipswich all took. They had the whole if their respective population begind them - hence they won. I guess if hull was full of sky blue johns they would also now have no club.

stupot07

So why didn't sisu attempt to resolve this when they took over? Why did they wait until relegation? Sisu agreed to pay that much in rent in the first place

Things change, circumstances change, just because it wasn't sorted at the beginning doesn't mean it's not a problem now.

hill83

It is a stance hull Doncaster and Ipswich all took. They had the whole if their respective population begind them - hence they won. I guess if hull was full of sky blue johns they would also now have no club.

I get that, and largely agree, but it isn't going to happen like that. Everyone has set out their stall. End of story.

Users who are viewing this thread