Accrington Stanley / iFollow Beef (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator

He has said for years he doesn't want this unless the home club gets all of the money like with actual tickets.

So if Accrington play Derby, he wants to cash in on the Derby fans buying loads if iFollow passes rather than Derby getting the money?

CJ_covblaze

He has said for years he doesn't want this unless the home club gets all of the money like with actual tickets.

So if Accrington play Derby, he wants to cash in on the Derby fans buying loads if iFollow passes rather than Derby getting the money?

He's right in a way. It should be weighted towards the home club the same way how tickets are.

Nick

Administrator
Can they not just stream their own games? I’m sure a few clubs already do. Birmingham definitely.

How does it then work with people's subscriptions.

I.E you are a Exeter fan with a season pass.

They have the smallest capacity in the league, it's not really Bolton's fault if they can't all fit in the away end.

David O'Day

Andy Holt whinging c**t yet again.

Remember when he got shirty with Cov because he forget As had to tell us we could refund money we had taken on their account

Flange of a man

stay_up_skyblues

How does it then work with people's subscriptions.

I.E you are a Exeter fan with a season pass.

They have the smallest capacity in the league, it's not really Bolton's fault if they can't all fit in the away end.

I see, his problem is with allocation of the streaming payments. Im sure with Blues home fans have to go through their TV service, but away fans it’s just ifollow as normal.

Surely the clubs should receive the bulk of their own fans streaming money? Not sure how you can reasonably argue otherwise. Should City be giving opposition clubs a chunk of shirt sales sold on the day they play them!?

Nick

Administrator
I see, his problem is with allocation of the away fans payments. Im sure with Blues home fans have to go through their TV service, but away fans it’s just ifollow as normal.

Yeah so if Bolton sold 5000 match passes then why should he get all the money when his stadium only holds about 5,000 for both sets of fans.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The bastards have charged me over summer! I emailed them to ask for a refund and the ifollow support team filed my request within 5 minutes. @Sick Boy - excellent customer service!

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, I don't get it.

They have the smallest ground in the League, Sunderland's home average was 6 times the size of Accrington's stadium. Of course they are going to get more subscriptions.

Grendel

Yeah, I don't get it.

They have the smallest ground in the League, Sunderland's home average was 6 times the size of Accrington's stadium. Of course they are going to get more subscriptions.

I assume he’s trying to argue the Sky money is distributed by league position and games shown and not by subscribers

Grendel

That's a completely different situation.

But I think that’s his argument as in Man City fans are more likely to subscribe to sky sports as opposed to Bournemouth fans

Grendel

They aren't subscribing to a specific team like with iFollow.

I’m not saying I agree I don’t really care but that’s his argument as all clubs I assume have to allow the subscriptions to allow coverage

NorthernWisdom

But I think that’s his argument as in Man City fans are more likely to subscribe to sky sports as opposed to Bournemouth fans
It's not that many years in the grand scheme of things that Man Utd in particular campaigned (and succeeded) in getting gate receipts distributution changed, so that the home team got just about all of the cash. That was the start of the gulf between the haves and the have-nots, and the start of a time when a Derby or Nottingham Forest were restricted in competing on a relatively level playing field.

It was also the start that then led to the Premier League, and Sky TV deals that cut out most teams apart from those at the top level.

All these are possibly 'fair' on a financial level for the individual club concerne, but none are fair on a competition level.

And it's a sport after all, right? Wait until we end up with clubs able to negotiate their individual TV deals - that'll be fun for competition...

Sick Boy

The bastards have charged me over summer! I emailed them to ask for a refund and the ifollow support team filed my request within 5 minutes. @Sick Boy - excellent customer service!
I had to contact them recently and they were much better compared to a couple of years ago.
I ended up renewing and then realised the first game of the season won’t be available, I see they’re starting as they mean to go on then!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In the interests of competitive leagues, it'd probably be better to distribute revenue akin to a TV deal (within the specific leagues themselves, rather than the trickle down - or lack of!)
I don't think it's fair that the home team gets all the revenue from a game, as larger clubs with larger stadiums will make more money. They should get more, as they incur costs, but where's the incentive for a team to sell away tickets? I kn.ow some will say it gives the team support, but in reality it rarely makes a difference in away games.

Online maybe a bit simpler, because the host clubs doesn't really incur as many costs. Therefore a bigger argument could be made for distributing income in relation to those accessing from the respective clubs.

If they truly did want to go for choice, rather than the current option of increased consumer cost by only having games on one service at a time, then all games would be available on every platform. Then it's up to the companies to provide the best service so fans use theirs. The league takes a percentage of income from subscriptions and could pass on the share to clubs in terms of proportion of how much their club has had of total viewing time. I know that sounds complicated but they will be measuring that kind of stuff.

chiefdave

Has anyone got a link to the Athletic article he's talking about that's not paywalled?

Isn't the logical conclusion to his argument that each club is free to negotiate their own rights for their home games. How is that going to close the gap in finances which is what he claims to be bothered about.

What happens when the likes of Man Utd take this to its logical conclusion and say they want out of the PL TV deal and want to negotiate their own deal.

Nick

Administrator
He also makes a dig about Bolton probably voting for home teams to keep all the ticket money.

(because clubs like yours probably voted to keep home gate income)

Liquid Gold

So glad we're out of that league. Him and his small time mentality are a pain in the arse.

Not taking the opportunity to try and grow his own income he wants to skelp of everybody else because he knows he's small time.

Nick

Administrator
I really don't get his point, theres now people saying that clubs should pay for half the stewarding and policing and how's it different between a match ticket and a match pass ffs.

Nick

Administrator

Off he goes again, Ipswich sell out their allocation v Burton at our 2nd home but then also sell 5k match passes.

Nick

Administrator
Looks like he's kicking off again about the manager and having a tantrum saying the club is for sale.

alexccfc99

Sorry, so many people with praise him for his honestly - But I think he’s a bit of a bellend, I’d be handing my notice in if I was John Coleman

I seem to remember his constant cry arsing when we were Promoted from League 1 - he also accused CCFC of putting tickets for the Accrington Away fixture that never got played and pocketing the cash

Users who are viewing this thread