Aaron Phillips (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

@7777dp: Disappointed as I had the chance to see Wales today but chose Burton. AP IS UNWELL and not travelled. Interesting thoughts from some of you

chiefdave

Aaron Phillips is ill, that's why he isn't playing so not a tactical masterstroke / balls up by TM.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

@7777dp: No Aaron today, disappointed , deflated, that's me .Ccfc ultra defensive !!! @AndyTurnerccfc #pusb

Someone then tweeted-

[MENTION=6270]spoon[/MENTION]y87: @7777dp Injured? Have we got enough players?

DP replied-

@7777dp: [MENTION=6270]spoon[/MENTION]y87 not injured. Tells you something!!

DP backtracking on his recent tweets if he's now claiming AP is unwell.

chiefdave

If he's out the squad completely you'd have to assume he is ill or injured as we don't have the numbers to leave someone out. Probably just a miscommunication but it would be a good idea for someone at the club to tell him its not a good idea to give out team news on twitter.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Any normal, sane person would say he was ill straight away when asked if he was injured. Not some cryptic bs which when coupled with his ultra defensive comment comes across as a dig at the selection.

Otis

@7777dp: No Aaron today, disappointed , deflated, that's me .Ccfc ultra defensive !!! @AndyTurnerccfc #pusb

Someone then tweeted-

@spoony87: @7777dp Injured? Have we got enough players?

DP replied-

@7777dp: @spoony87 not injured. Tells you something!!

DP backtracking on his recent tweets if he's now claiming AP is unwell.

Yep, sounds it. Sounds like a backtrack. 'CCFC ultra defensive' alludes to TM choosing a more defensive approach.

johnwillomagic

Odd from Dave he is still a bit of a hero of mine maybe he just had a bad day at the office.......regardless of any situation
Dave should have kept quiet till at least teams announced or game started....then I do not have problems with him tweeting whatever
he likes! I am now very suspicious is Aaron is ill he should not be in 18 and should not travel......but if that is genuinely the case
don't see the need for the earlier tweeted comments!!

Ah well team selection is not too far away now all wil be revealed once and for all!

shy_tall_knight

Always liked DP as a player and on radio, but having just finished a game where I manage my own son's team, parents and football are not a good combination. As much as I thought AP had a poor game Monday Aaron Martin had a shocking end to last season.

Otis

Always liked DP as a player and on radio, but having just finished a game where I manage my own son's team, parents and football are not a good combination. As much as I thought AP had a poor game Monday Aaron Martin had a shocking end to last season.

Bottom line is to not sign anyone called Aaron?

stevefloyd

come on you mofo's 3 points please not even to bothered if we win ugly just get the show back on the road :)

Hobo

Phillips had a poor game on Monday so not suprised he has been dropped. Martin did well against Crawley last season and at Rochdale in cup so deserves a chance with Ricketts moving to RB.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Phillips had a poor game on Monday so not suprised he has been dropped. Martin did well against Crawley last season and at Rochdale in cup so deserves a chance with Ricketts moving to RB.

funny thing is i suspect it was less about phillips mistakes monday and more about Ricketts mistakes monday. by moving Ricketts to the right it gave us the chance to explore that option while dropping the weakest tackler on the backline

skybluepm2

Yep, have to say Martin impressed me aside from his cracking finish. Would've been the correct back four to play irrespective of whether Aaron was injured or not. Their wingers were the most dangerous players on the pitch but Ricketts and Stokes did very well.

Hobo

funny thing is i suspect it was less about phillips mistakes monday and more about Ricketts mistakes monday. by moving Ricketts to the right it gave us the chance to explore that option while dropping the weakest tackler on the backline

I wouldn't disagree with that. Rickets and Johnson main culprits for one Southend goal...an acre of free space for free a header.

Users who are viewing this thread