A message to ccfc Charlie and SbAndy (1 Viewer)

Grendel

It appears that we have a disagreement on the relative merits of Bakayoko and Chaplin

So let’s test the metal gentleman.

I have no question that Chaplin will outdo Bakayoko in the league one goal scoring stakes.

It’s absurd so let’s have a wager guys.

£500 Chaplin will score more league one goals next season than Bakayoko

So I will pay £1,000 beteeen you to a charity of your choices or you’ll pay between you £1,000 to mine

It’s a steal as your respective knowledge of the game is clearly greater than mine

Up for it chaps?

Evo1883

Bakayoko will get 15-20 goals in a full season as a starter , he’s a goal every 2.3 matches on minutes played

I think he will outscore Chaplin simply for the fact that Chaplin won’t Be a starter

stupot07

Bakayoko will get 15-20 goals in a full season as a starter , he’s a goal every 2.3 matches on minutes played

I think he will outscore Chaplin simply for the fact that Chaplin won’t Be a starter
f36845bc91930e5b30239e998bf71a6b.gif

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Can't see Baka starting many games next season, will be Biamou or a new signing.

tisza

Dodgy bet.
Not sure either will be number 1 forward next season. Suppose it depends on who the new manager likes :)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Dodgy bet.
Not sure either will be number 1 forward next season. Suppose it depends on who the new manager likes :)
New Manager ? Do you know something we don't !

Evo1883

I don't care what his stats say, he's never going to get 15-20 goals a season.

Bit naive if you ask me , blokes made 17 league starts this season and scored 7 league goals and 4 assists , what makes you think in a full season he couldn’t get 15-20?

Based off the last 10 games alone he’s scoring 1 in 2.5 games , that’s over 18 goals in 46 games

It’s ok laughing and pushing it away as ridiculous but the stats show that he’s more than capable of scoring 15-20 goals over a 46 game season , your emotional hatred of him means nothing against the stats really

Last edited:

oucho

Eeww I wouldn't touch this bet...not even for a fiver, never mind £500. Whilst my mind tells me that Baka might get more than Chaplin, no way would I put my arse on the barbecue for £500 for the matter.

cc84cov

It appears that we have a disagreement on the relative merits of Bakayoko and Chaplin

I have no question that Chaplin will outdo Bakayoko in the league one goal scoring stakes.

So I will pay £1,000 beteeen you to a charity of your choices or you’ll pay between you £1,000 to mine

It’s a steal as your respective knowledge of the game is clearly greater than mine

Up for it chaps?
Nice move G nice move

CCFC_Charlie

Typical Tory move trying to solve everything with money. Obviously I’m not going to bet £500 on something as trivial as which of our two mediocre strikers are going to score more goals next season, I know that and you know that too. Instead of actually trying to rationalise your incredibly strange, obsessive hatred of Bakayoko you’ve gone and made a big, narcissistic thread so that you can make a big song and dance when we obviously don’t agree to such a stupid bet and “won’t put our money where our mouthes are”. The small man syndrome couldn’t be more apparent.

CCFC_Charlie

Charlie, is that the sound of your arse going?
Are you really this dim as to fall for this shit? He knows no-one is stupid enough to take him up on such a shit bet. He does this at least once a year because he’s not got it in him to back up any of the shite he spews up with any sort of substance.

Grendel

Are you really this dim as to fall for this shit? He knows no-one is stupid enough to take him up on such a shit bet. He does this at least once a year because he’s not got it in him to back up any of the shite he spews up with any sort of substance.

Well I’d take the bet “big” man

CanadianCCFC

So what you’re saying is... Grendel is SISU, laying out terms for, in this case a bet, and you are the Council saying he’ll never go through with it.

SBAndy

Absolutely won’t be taking this bet. My only argument was that Bakayoko’s the more saleable asset, whereas I don’t think either will be our main striker next season.

Exit Stage Left

Up for it chaps?

Fair play to Grendel, at least he's happy to put his money where his mouth is!

stupot07

Bit naive if you ask me , blokes made 17 league starts this season and scored 7 league goals and 4 assists , what makes you think in a full season he couldn’t get 15-20?

Based off the last 10 games alone he’s scoring 1 in 2.5 games , that’s over 18 goals in 46 games

It’s ok laughing and pushing it away as ridiculous but the stats show that he’s more than capable of scoring 15-20 goals over a 46 game season , your emotional hatred of him means nothing against the stats really

His career record and watching him play tells me he wouldn't get 15-20 goals in a season. Plus 2 of his 7 goals were in one game in a 30 minute spell against charlton from the bench. So hes scored 5 in 17 starts, one of which was pen.

He's a poor player, we need much better if we have promotion aspirations for next season.

oscillatewildly

My god, two arses gone and I only have one spare pair of underpants to offer.
My charitable heart it would appear is not in the same league as Grendel's.
Or I may just be a bit dim.

Grendel

His career record and watching him play tells me he wouldn't get 15-20 goals in a season. Plus 2 of his 7 goals were in one game in a 30 minute spell against charlton from the bench. So hes scored 5 in 17 starts, one of which was pen.

He's a poor player, we need much better if we have promotion aspirations for next season.

Exactly this.

You can’t quote starts and include two goals in a game he didn’t start at all.

Also even when he’s scored a goal (or the one time he scored twice in two) the next game he’s been abject

His contribution in matches overall is minimal, his work rate and energy poor and he loses any heart he’s got very quickly when defenders start to boss him.

When Chaplin has played he’s played to instructions pretty deep. His overall record of goals though is far better and providing we have a system and players to cater for this he will clearly score more goals

the rumpo kid

I'd be surprised if bakayako is with us at the start of the season and wouldn't be surprised if Chaplin wasn't either.

bawtryneal

What are the rules Grendel..............

Only goals scored for CCFC in the league or including checkatrade, FA Cup etc

If a player gets injured or transferred then tough luck ?

Monners

Exactly this.

You can’t quote starts and include two goals in a game he didn’t start at all.

Also even when he’s scored a goal (or the one time he scored twice in two) the next game he’s been abject

His contribution in matches overall is minimal, his work rate and energy poor and he loses any heart he’s got very quickly when defenders start to boss him.

When Chaplin has played he’s played to instructions pretty deep. His overall record of goals though is far better and providing we have a system and players to cater for this he will clearly score more goals
I don't particularly enjoy agreeing with you me old flower but you have summed this up pretty well (in my humble opinion)

rob9872

I'm sending Hiwula for a summer operation whereby he will have his left leg amputated and swapped with the left leg of Luke Thomas. He will then outscore Bakayoko and Chaplin combined, the other sadly, will be akin to Kyle Lightbourne.

Users who are viewing this thread