98th best in the world (1 Viewer)

jordan210

Opta power rankings have us as the 98 best team in the world.

21st best team in England

we are ranked higher than 15 teams int he europa league....

shmmeee

Does that mean we’re first in the championship or are there Prem teams below us?

SkyBlueSoul

Fellow football nerds FiveThirtyEight have us as the 178th best team in the world, that's a hell of a difference. Wouldn't have a fucking clue how to work out why that is though.

JulianDarbyFTW

Fellow football nerds FiveThirtyEight have us as the 178th best team in the world, that's a hell of a difference. Wouldn't have a fucking clue how to work out why that is though.

Used to enjoy fivethirtyeight forecasts, but they laid off a number of staff and don't update the football side of it now. If anyone knows of a similar site then let me know.

steve cooper

That hasn't been updated for 3 months

Philosorapter

One thing I will give the site is the automatic reporting of results.

That is a bit of a head turner.

Last edited:

Travs

Mechelen reached the Cup Winners Cup Final the year we should have been in it.... think they lost to Ajax.

mark82

As soon as I saw Ipswich above us I gave up.

Philosorapter

Another thing I do like about this club Elo site, even though the methodology is a bit suspect, is the stats on the club itself.

Elo is a bit horried to look at, that's another reason to add to the case for a rating upgrade.

But even if with this taken into account, they have still backdated the stats to the Jimmy Hill era, and all in between, year on year.

Oh, and also the last four years.

Well worth a look at.

Users who are viewing this thread