737 Max (1 Viewer)

Would you fly on the 737 Max?

• Yes, straight away.

• Maybe in the future.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It looks like the 737 Max is slowly being sneaked back into service.

I fly a lot, and also know my way around a cockpit pretty well. Certainly for me I won't be going anywhere near it.

Unrelated to the safety concerns. I actually find the notion that smaller planes being equipped with the abilities to fly longer distances is extremely undesirable. Who wants to fly 8 hours on a single aisle aircraft? After the two crashes with Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines, many well known airlines have stock of this aircraft. Ryanair have just ordered loads, probably cause they got them at a significantly knocked off price. Curious to see what the rest of SBT think about this.

fernandopartridge

It looks like the 737 Max is slowly being sneaked back into service.

I fly a lot, and also know my way around a cockpit pretty well. Certainly for me I won't be going anywhere near it.

Unrelated to the safety concerns. I actually find the notion that smaller planes being equipped with the abilities to fly longer distances is extremely undesirable. Who wants to fly 8 hours on a single aisle aircraft? After the two crashes with Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines, many well known airlines have stock of this aircraft. Ryanair have just ordered loads, probably cause they got them at a significantly knocked off price. Curious to see what the rest of SBT think about this.

Given that you don't generally get much choice up front yes I would, i have confidence in regulators in UK and Europe to assess airworthiness. I agree with you though generally, who'd want to go on a long flight on a small plane like that.

hill83

90Kw23.gif

Gibbo

I initially thought this was a euphemism for having Biamou a permant fixture leading the line

shmmeee

Meh. Air travel is already ridiculously safe compared to almost any other. I’d give it a shot.

wingy

When did it receive the all clear,both in the US and EU?
I wouldn't go Ryanair anywhere by choice either , idiot thinks you could stand or have a bumbar in flight.👀

Sbarcher

Uk and EU yet to give Approval. Only US at the moment with Brazil being next to announce.

shepardo01

Been a disaster.
I wouldn't be comfortable flying on it but when you book a flight, you aren't necessarily aware of what you'll be flying on!
Flew on one of the first Dreamliner flights after all the batteries were setting on fire and after hearing that it is not aerodynamically great with computers keeping it in the air... wasn't a comfortable 9hrs!

Wasn't/isnt there also a design issue with the max? Something to do with the engines being in the wrong place on the wing, or they had to move them as they were too heavy and needed more leading edge exposure?... also meaning aircraft was more susceptible to stall... and that is why they introduced the anti stall system... which has caused the issues?

wingy

Been a disaster.
I wouldn't be comfortable flying on it but when you book a flight, you aren't necessarily aware of what you'll be flying on!
Flew on one of the first Dreamliner flights after all the batteries were setting on fire and after hearing that it is not aerodynamically great with computers keeping it in the air... wasn't a comfortable 9hrs!

Wasn't/isnt there also a design issue with the max? Something to do with the engines being in the wrong place on the wing, or they had to move them as they were too heavy and needed more leading edge exposure?... also meaning aircraft was more susceptible to stall... and that is why they introduced the anti stall system... which has caused the issues?
Cost saving measures meant they chose to adapt a 50yr old airframe ,thus the new engine created the issue of further lift, which led to the faulty software supposed to suppress the extra lift they caused due to their position,I think.

Users who are viewing this thread